Blainie

Transmogrification Changes in Legion

Sign in to follow this  

16 posts in this topic

14588-transmogrification-changes-in-legi

Legion is bringing some huge changes to the way we can alter the appearances of our gear. Find out what's planned and what you can do to prepare!

In today's article we're going to be giving you a quick run-down of the new system of transmogrification, as well as the best ways you can prepare to give yourself a head-start in hunting for new items. Let's get down to the fashion!

Diablo-style Wardrobe System

Blizzard is going to be introducing a wardrobe system very similar to that of Diablo 3; if you have an item in your inventory, bank or void storage, you will have that look added to your wardrobe. You can then check the UI and pick that look as part of your transmogrification set.

t0hnDSb.jpg

The new system will allow you to preview certain items even if you don't have them, as well as fill in the gaps in your favourite transmogrification sets. 

Transmogrification "Outfits"

Just as players can save their gear sets within the equipment manager, Blizzard are now introducing the concept of outfits. This will allow players to save their sets so that they can easily swap them around, as well as linking them to players as a single item. This means other players can try on your outfit, as well as draw up a list of potential items they might want to get their hands on.

D0NQxI7.jpg

New Transmogrification Slots

With the new wardrobe system, we are going to see new slots available for transmogrification, notably Tabards, Weapon Enchants and Shirts. Blizzard is yet to confirm whether or not limited-time pieces can be added to the wardrobe, such as Gladiator tabards and the bloody enchants from achieving a certain rating in PvP.

rwrL1Az.jpg

What about the items I can't obtain anymore?

Many of you are most likely taking a look at this and wishing you had been wiser in choosing your quest rewards when levelling up. Fear not!

Blizzard has hinted that they will be automatically adding every quest reward to the player's wardrobe as long as they have completed the quest itself.

They are yet to reveal whether or not they will be introducing items that have been discontinued from the game, such as specific items from older expansions, like the inv_axe_02.jpgHigh Warlord's Cleaver.

Can I transmogrify legendaries and artifacts?

So far, there has been no mention of being able to transmogrify into legendaries and I see no reason for them to change it. The legendaries have a very specific appearance that Blizzard want to stay unique.

In regards to artifacts, players can transmogrify away from the artifact look if they wish to do so, but cannot make another weapon look like an artifact. 

Can we finally use common items to transmogrify?

It looks like Blizzard is finally coming round to this idea; many of the common items that were previously off-limits for transmogrification are now being made into "cosmetic" items. Are you ready to fight the Legion wearing your monocle and tuxedo? Let's make it a reality!

R5ymtbZ.png

How can I prepare for Legion transmogrification?

Here are some of the main ways I would recommend to prepare:

• Make sure you get a Level 3 Salvage Yard on one of your characters. Stockpile the cases until Legion comes out and then mass-open them. You'll find yourself with a crazy number of Bind-on-Equip items.
  • Start doing some simple dungeon and raid runs to grab yourself the main tier sets you might be interested in.
  • If you're not interested in transmogrification, but you do like making gold, stockpile some of the rarer world drop items. Their value will sky-rocket as soon as Legion releases.
  • Like 1

Already starting to collect all the loot from my Salvage yard. Nearly have a guild bank full of items already after just a month >_<

I am very excited they are stream lining how transmog will work. Hope they put more leeway into it, am happy that some looks I couldnt use on other toons before are coming available at least.

I love this new system. since I have plenty of alts I do have a lot of bank space but it is already full of "old" content transmog sets. I am hoping the salvage yard won't be nerfed because I can always go back there with the garrison heartstone and pick up a few missions and get the crates.

I only heard they are nerfing the gold missions but not other missions that are suppose to drop crates.

Ahh sooo excited about this new system! My banks and bags are so full of transmog sets it's getting out of hand lol. So why exactly should we wait until Legion to open our salvage crates?

I can't wait for Legion to free up all the bag space on all of my alts, the gold from vendoring all the xmog gear is great too!

I think I'm just going to see tumbleweeds rolling around in my bank and void storage after this improvement! Good news! :)

Does anyone know how this will work for cross-faction or for toons that aren't high enough for transmogged gear (ie: teir 13 on a fresh toon)? Or how this would work for toons that haven't completed the quests, but one of your alts have? Also, do you have to equip the item if it's BoE or does just looting it give you the transmog ability?

Sorry for so many questions. I know a lot of them can't be answered yet, but one can always hope.  =)

So excited for the newley free space! My void storage and half of my bank are FULL of gear for various transmog sets (I may have a slight obsession) but no longer. Yey Legion! And so glad about the common items addition, white dresses fore everyone!

And it's so perfect that they're integrating quest items from everywhere. No better way to remember those days hunting around Elwynn Forest and Westfall than a transom straight out of them wub.png

Edited by kasz

That's great news. I know I have binned alot of items before there even was transmog idea. And I would certainly love if the monocle became cosmetic item. I kept it on my cloth wearers, but would love to have it on my hunter as well!
Also, I've deleted my salvage yard for Storage, god damn it, I've never thought to leave it and stock on the crates!!

Ahh sooo excited about this new system! My banks and bags are so full of transmog sets it's getting out of hand lol. So why exactly should we wait until Legion to open our salvage crates?

I can't wait for Legion to free up all the bag space on all of my alts, the gold from vendoring all the xmog gear is great too!

Unless I'm blind, I didn't see anywhere that we get to free up our bag space?

if you have an item in your inventory, bank or void storage, you will have that look added to your wardrobe. You can then check the UI and pick that look as part of your transmogrification set.

Seems to me you actually have to have that item in you bank/void storage or bags. Am I wrong? I mean I would love to be wrong, moggy items take up loads of space ;p But then again, what would be the point of void storage?

Edited by Neanerath

I love what they're doing with the new transmog system in Legion. There's going to be so much more free bag space now! Not to mention going back to do old quests to collect for transmog. It's going to be fun!

That's great news. I know I have binned alot of items before there even was transmog idea. And I would certainly love if the monocle became cosmetic item. I kept it on my cloth wearers, but would love to have it on my hunter as well!

Also, I've deleted my salvage yard for Storage, god damn it, I've never thought to leave it and stock on the crates!!

Unless I'm blind, I didn't see anywhere that we get to free up our bag space?

if you have an item in your inventory, bank or void storage, you will have that look added to your wardrobe. You can then check the UI and pick that look as part of your transmogrification set.

Seems to me you actually have to have that item in you bank/void storage or bags. Am I wrong? I mean I would love to be wrong, moggy items take up loads of space ;p But then again, what would be the point of void storage?

If it works just like the Diablo 3 system, you only have to loot the item.  Gear currently in your bags and bank should count as a fresh loot once the xpac goes live.  After the wardrobe system (or whatever you want to call it) registers that you have the gear, you should then be able to do whatever you want with the gear in your bank and bags.  Disenchant, vendor, whatever.  Unless there's a significant difference from the D3 system, that is why many people are happy about freeing bag space.

Greetings Icy-veins. I'm excited for loads of things, that is true. But to be honest I am kind of scared as well, since there is a lot to be done wrong in this expansion. Artifact weapons truly look good and have some nice traits, but personally i would ask how are we going to develop them in next patches and what will happen to them in the end of Legion.

Also i am excited for the PvE concept. There are 10 dungeons and I've seen few of them in YT previews and such. They look really nice and have really nice design, but what i would be again scared of is the scaling and the difficulty in heroic or challenge modes.

PvP concept is really looking nice with the small amount of information i have, but again, question is, how will the gear, talents and prestige work? I really look forward to it.

And last point: Lore... This is one thing I am really looking forward to and what interests me probably the most. We have a chance to see new and old characters and also we could have a chance to encounter or at least get some more info on Old Gods. Scaling system looks also really amazing. Since I am an alt person, i love to get all classes on max lvl, so this would allow me to progress the Broken Isles in any way i want. But again the negatives... I am really worried about the length (in hours) of each zone in Broken Isles. Some sources say that one zone only takes about one and half hour to complete which is too fast, but that is my personal opinion.

I know this was supposed to be "Why i am hyped for Legion" comment. But I just can't write all positives, without leaving out possible negatives, which are important. To me chance to get into beta of Legion is the chance to test the game and point out the bugs and glitches made in the game and help in one way or another improve the game for normal players, rather then play it as one. I will have a chance to do that when it launches. 

If it works just like the Diablo 3 system, you only have to loot the item.  Gear currently in your bags and bank should count as a fresh loot once the xpac goes live.  After the wardrobe system (or whatever you want to call it) registers that you have the gear, you should then be able to do whatever you want with the gear in your bank and bags.  Disenchant, vendor, whatever.  Unless there's a significant difference from the D3 system, that is why many people are happy about freeing bag space.

Oh, I've no idea that's how it works in D3. That indeed would be sweet.