FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Peelyon

Bacon

I do hope that is brown sauce and not red... as red sauce would just be wrong. And no cheap Aldi sauce substitute either, it needs to be HP or something with a real strong tangy taste.

Am officially hungry now :D

I do hope that is brown sauce and not red... as red sauce would just be wrong. And no cheap Aldi sauce substitute either, it needs to be HP or something with a real strong tangy taste.

Am officially hungry now Posted Image

Ofc its brown sauce! Had one of these yesterday morning. May need another this weekend!

Well, this all makes perfect sense now.

You're both English. You wouldn't know good bacon if it firebombed London. :D

Beer, on the other hand, you guys have the upper hand on us Americans. That's a damn fact.

What's the brown sauce? Is it like a steak sauce (something similiar to A1 here in the States) or like a gravy? Either way, that sandwich does look rather tasty.

• Like 1

Am officially hungry now Posted Image

...like gold star??? LOL

Loves bacon. I'm glad it has its own thread.

Brown sauce is not like steak sauce and nothing like gravy. It is brown sauce. Mainly vinegar, tomatoes, spices, probably onion extract, possibly whey poweder, people like putting that in stuff. We'll get someone to ship you some...

• Like 1

It is brown sauce. Mainly vinegar, tomatoes, spices, probably onion extract, possibly whey poweder, people like putting that in stuff. We'll get someone to ship you some...

I'm pretty sure you just inadvertently read the ingredients to A1 steak sauce. Which is fine because that stuff tastes great on everything except a steak oddly enough.

I will say though, your bacon over there looks a whole lot tastier than crappy Candian bacon. Still not as delicious as a nice crispy strip of 'Merican bacon. What i'm curious about though is if your bacon and our bacon is from the same part of the pig and just cut different? Likes ours is obviously in strips but yours is in more of a steak cut.

HURRAY FOR BACON!!

Never heard of A1 steak sauce, not sure it is available in my local Tesco's. A brief google search for it and it looks a lot like our good old brown sauce, but not sure if the taste is the same.

Now... back on to bacon... and personally I just love it draped across a tender piece of white chicken breast, with a sprinkling of cheese and BBQ sauce .. perfect!

And the WoW forums always say that cultural differences stop them from merging Battle.net forums. Heres us getting all cosy thinking about bacon

Posted Image

See It's got Big Ben on it .. sure fire sign of quality. That A1 stuff can only dream of tasting as good as HP Posted Image

I googled a picture of A1 Steak sauce... am almost afraid to link to it...

A1 Steak Sauce :o

Edited by Redcross

See It's got Big Ben on it .. sure fire sign of quality. That A1 stuff can only dream of tasting as good as HP Posted Image

I googled a picture of A1 Steak sauce... am almost afraid to link to it...

A1 Steak Sauce Posted Image

I never said it looked good!! But isn't Big Ben the name of the actual clock and/or bell inside the clock? Not the tower itself?

Also, if there's one thing on Earth that can span cultural and linguistic boundaries, it's everyone's love for bacon.

In France, we mostly eat bacon in the form of lardons. Extracts from Wikipedia:

Lardons may be prepared from different cuts of pork, including pork belly and fatback, or from cured cuts such as bacon[3] or salt pork. Since the true French lardon is salt-cured but not smoked, "the flavor comes through cleanly, more like ham but richer because the meat is from the belly of the pig, not the leg". One food writer takes this as evidence that the French "do bacon right"[4].

I insist on the last 4 words Posted Image

I never said it looked good!! But isn't Big Ben the name of the actual clock and/or bell inside the clock? Not the tower itself?

There is currently a campaign under way to rename the big ben tower to the Elizabeth Tower in recognition of our Queen's diamond jubilee which may or may not have made the news over seas.

Damien you need to let me like more posts per day. At least 3 bacon posts have gone unliked already!

• Like 1

There is currently a campaign under way to rename the big ben tower to the Elizabeth Tower in recognition of our Queen's diamond jubilee which may or may not have made the news over seas.

Everything else about your Queen's Diamond Jubilee has made it over seas but nothing interesting like possibly renaming the tower to Elizabeth Tower.

Now... back on to bacon... and personally I just love it draped across a tender piece of white chicken breast, with a sprinkling of cheese and BBQ sauce .. perfect!

Hunter's chicken you say? Always a good call. I also like to put bacon on the bbq - because you can't have a burger without bacon. Fact.

I also enjoy cutting bacon up into tiny tiny pieces and sprinkeling them over potatoes when you roast them. Salty crunchy goodness.

Those bacon lardons you get like in France you can eat them raw and are surprisingly nice.

BTW I shall be looking into the part of the pig bacon comes from in america. I think it does generally come from about the belly area and is then cured and sometimes smoked, depending if it is smoked bacon or not. Expect a report later in the day.

• Like 1

I think the most common bacon in the UK comes from the back ("back bacon", as it's cunningly called).

In my opinion, it's best Wiltshire cured (the traditional variety) and best thick, cooked quickly so it's slightly crispy but not crunchy. Served in a crusty roll with a fried egg and a small amount of mayonnaise - don't want any strong HP sauce ruining the baconny goodness! (I agree that ketchup can GTFO). Also excellent with cheese!