FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
giratinavn

mill rogue deck

so i really wanted to try this deck ,but i have limited budget so i'm dont have enough for Thalnos so i wanted to replace him with kobold geomancer and i also dont have enough for Brann Bronzehead so is there a way to build this deck without him ?

please help me 

so i really wanted to try this deck ,but i have limited budget so i'm dont have enough for Thalnos so i wanted to replace him with kobold geomancer and i also dont have enough for Brann Bronzehead so is there a way to build this deck without him ?

please help me 

There is a mill rogue in pre-LoE form on this site.

Swapping Thalnos for Geomancer is reasonable.

• Like 1

please help me 

There is a mill rogue in pre-LoE form on this site.

Swapping Thalnos for Geomancer is reasonable.

No Thalnos isn't really a problem, I'd replace it with loot hoarder (you really need to find those oracles) or a youthful brewmaster (some additional mill, you'll need it without brann). Also, if you really want to play mill rogue competitively and climb the ladder with it, I strongly recommend you to save up some gold for brann, he's basically what made this deck viable smile.png

• Like 1

But I still don't really think the deck is that competitive to be used in ladder to reach legend with. At least, not in this meta full of aggro decks where you actually help your opponent.

Yeah, that was my experience also, you just get overrun before you reach the mana to do stuff.

I feel confident for Mill Rogue to become viable if the meta becomes a little slower though

I used to run a mill rogue even before LoE and it actually did work just fine 70% of the time, but about 30% of the games was almost autoloss and long (or soemtimes even short) suffering. Basically, if you don't have a single oracle in the first 10 cards of your deck, you've lost. And that DOES happen.

Mill rogue is really fun, but my experience has been that it is very inconsistent.  I would not recommend it as a deck to climb the ladder for a couple reasons.  The top one would be the aforementioned inconsistency.  Couple that with the general slow pace of the deck and it will take you quite a while to climb.  The deck also has its fair share of problems against agro, especially hunter and shaman.