FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
chadal

Brewmaster help

Hello all

Recently i started tanking for a 10 man group and im having some trouble maintaining enough chi for both shufle and using guard on cooldown, It seems every time i go to use gaurd my shuffle is about to fall off and i just dont quite have the energy to get two jabs in or a keg smash.

Here is my armory link http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bloodhoof/Chadal/simple

Any help/advice would be much appreciated

Edited by chadal

Well if you find your self low on Chi for Shuffle you have two options

• Stop using Guard on CD and use it before big damage attacks.

• Change Power Strikes to Ascension for more energy regen
You could also hold off on shuffle every now and then, but having a higher uptime on it would be better.

On a side note: I find Chi Wave to be a much better tool then Chi Burst when tanking since it has great potential for burst healing with Guard.

Edited by Krazyito

Get a bunch of haste to get your energy regen goin. Spam blackout kick to get shuffle going as much as possible, and before hardhitting attacks you ignore getting shuffle stacks and focus on putting guard up, its better to soak the entire blow than shuffling it off entirely.

Also, magic attacks doesn't apply any stagger, so on magic encounters you don't needconcentrate on shuffle at all. (Correct me if im wrong)

This is for the most part correct although there are some weird fights where magic is added to an attack or that you actually can shuffle magic, Shadowy Attacks from H Gara'jal is one of these scenarios IIRC.

If you're still having issues with BrM please let me know and log out in your BrM gear so I can help you.

Generally speaking for Chi generation you want to have capped hit and expertise. The choice between Power Strike and Ascension comes down to your haste and your play style. Typically you take Power Strike at < 8k haste, and obviously Ascension for > 8k haste. On average you should be purifying your stagger ~ every 15 seconds, obviously this too can change depending on the fight. Using Guard on CD is not a bad idea but it is also not optimal play in most scenarios so there's that to think about.

You should ALWAYS be keg smashing on CD.

This is for the most part correct although there are some weird fights where magic is added to an attack or that you actually can shuffle magic, Shadowy Attacks from H Gara'jal is one of these scenarios IIRC.

Arent those magic attacks delivered through melee hits tho? That might be what affects it.

Arent those magic attacks delivered through melee hits tho? That might be what affects it.

It is but it's just one of those... weird mechanics that this type of thing works. #BlizzardLogic