Blainie

WoW Legion: Changes You May Not Have Noticed

Sign in to follow this  

1 post in this topic

14851-wow-legion-changes-you-may-not-hav

With the large number of changes coming with the new expansion, it can be easy to overlook some pretty amazing changes that aren't quite as "flashy". Come check out some of Blizzard's more subtle work.

With the brand new zones, a new class, new talents, new level cap, new animations and so on, it's completely understandable that certain smaller changes might have been missed in the new Alpha patches. We're giving you some of the "smaller changes" that will still have an impact on the game, despite not being the most "sparkly new" of changes.

1. Buffs casted by players are on the way out!

Have you ever experienced that horrible moment where you have forgotten to buff Kings, your raid leader is angry and you need to buff it mid-fight? That moment when someone goes down in battle and is combat-ressed, so you need to waste a global cooldown buffing them again?

Worry no more! It looks like these player-casted buffs are going to be removed in Legion, instead being replaced with temporary buffs instead, similar to a normal raid cooldown. 

This also has implications for PvP, in which useless buffs will no longer be there to soak the more important spells from being purged. This will be interesting to see how it functions in higher-rated PvP, since the use of blanketing your team in buffs was part of the skill required. 

2. No need to wait until Level 40, armour requirements are changing

It looks like the low level armour requirements are going to be changing for a number of classes. In the current live game, a Warrior, for example, will have to wait until they hit Level 40 in order to equip Plate gear. Blizzard are going to remove this restriction and have modified the lower level gear for the players to equip.

This might see us being able to grab some new transmogrification pieces that were previously unavailable due to limitations on the armour type. This could be a pretty exciting step towards some of the simpler armour from low level dungeons being available to classes.

You can check out a list of gear for different classes here:

Mail
    Plate

3. The system and graphics options are being updated

For some of you, this may be completely irrelevant if you don't play at certain higher graphics levels. Regardless, this is one of my favourite changes out of this list. There is going to be a new "texture resolution" option available: Ultra. There is also going to be a buff to the view distance maximum, which you can see in this video from BellularGaming.

These changes were initially brought to light by Reddit user Sages in this post. Make sure you go join in with the discussion!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      The latest round of blue posts covers Protection Warrior changes in Patch 8.1, mysteries surrounding the Dreadwake mount promotion, and more.
      WoW Team Communication
      The communication between Blizzard and the community hasn't been the best, but they're working on improvements.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Gonna get flamed by the hate, but here we go:

I've really been noticing lately all the blue/green posts, and really appreciate the AMA, Live Stream, upcoming PTR. This is what we've been asking for, and it's being delivered. Communication is ramped up, and feels a bit like the old days. Keep it coming blues/greens! And i actually think the few troll posts are funny fyi. 

Say what you want about the xpac, but there are ALOT of us who are having fun. Can't wait for the PTR. 

Flame on bros...
      Appreciate the kudos but I'll be honest, It's not near what we want it to be at. Lore talked on it in the AMA but long story short, we want to do more. 

I don't want to talk any of it up on what we're discussing internally in this area as I'd rather we just do it. Actions speak far louder right? Communication and participation on our side flat out hasn't been the best, and we want to change that.
      The community will be spending so much time deciphering my dance moves
      This would probably appease a weird section of the secret finding groups.
      6-Month Subscription Mount
      The Dreadwake mount can be obtained by subscribing to the game for 6 months. The promotion was planned for a while now and it's not Blizzard's response to "dropping subs" as many players assume.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Month after BFA and arguably the worst release of an expansion in Blizzards 14 year history. 

Almost all twitch and youtube supporters of blizzard are firing away at how the game is failing. 

supreme lack of communication from Blizzard, no real changes on the horizon. 

Patch 8.1 already hitting PTR soon. 

And now..... Blizzard is pairing a cool new Mount with 6 months of subs. 

Basically saying hey, if you want this mount, we're not going to put it into the store like our other store mounts, we're going to force you to buy 6 months of subs before our financial quarter end to help make this expansion not look like the piece of garbage that it is. 

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

what a joke

bfa has officially gone down the tube and is losing people astronomically if these are the tactics they are resorting to. 

BFA was the Fastest Day 1 selling expansion, and I bet my testiies that it is also the fastest expansion of people unsubbing in the history of wow.

edit: six months of subs....
      Or... maybe we've been planning to have this mount promotion for quite a while now, I don't know maybe lets say the last 8 or 9 months. Possibly longer ...but what do I know, I only work on the team that promotes and publishes things like this and apparently this mount means our game is dead. I guess someone forgot to tell all of us this was the case.

You don't honestly think we scrambled to put this together at this last minute do you? Also where is the line for tin foil hats when you enter GD? I missed out on mine.
      I do think that there's maybe a conversation about water striders and boats floating on water that needs to happen though.
      You know... we said the same thing when we got on ours this morning! I think someone shouted out "My ship is taking on water!". Said person is also dressed like a pirate today, so it made it that much better.
      You lie, or maybe you don't. But the tables sure don't look good for this specific time to be releasing something to attract subs. Actions speak much louder than words.
      This kind of promotion doesn't attract new subs. It's more of a reward for existing and an offer for those that might want to swap to a 6 month as it is cheaper. It's just adding additional value to that. 

If you just want the mount that's fine, like we stated in the blog announcing this, it will be on the store eventually. ?
      I think the 6-month sub requirement attached is what seems suspicious. Maybe this mount was planned for this pirate day for months, but I'd wager that the decision to add it to a 6-month sub was a more recent decision based on something else.
      It wasn't a recent decision. You can see that from when the shop banner was data-mined months ago and posted by fansites. Kind of a clue its been in the works for a while if you look into that stuff ? 

I get why people would think that though, but businesses as big as Blizzard don't just operate like people would like to think they do. Things like this take a lot of time and go through a lot of departments to finally be in front of you guys.
      Hrm, the "ShopGametimeBundle"
      You are no longer Snowfox, you are now Linkfox.

For those asking for the link backing up what I said, here you go.
      I don't care for the mount.
      That's fair.
      Your one mount that took 8 months to develop
      That's not what I said.
      I didn't care for the promotion of the other one, to watch a dumb stream.
      Some people aren't into streams and that's okay. We try our best to mirror everything as much as possible so those who aren't into that can still see it through their preferred channels.
      I'll buy your stuff if you actually make it interesting and fun
      Even as an employee I agree with you, to each person that definition is different. Me personally before I was an employee I always had a 6 month sub because it was just cheaper so to me the mount is just a bonus. It's not something your paying for but rather an extra "thank you". I get what you're saying overall though.
      To be honest, they're actually paying YOU a few dollars to get the mount.
      ^ This is honestly more likely the case with these kinds of promotions.
      Apparently, you won't receive The Dreadwake mount after directly converting 6 WoW Tokens into game time. You must claim the tokens for balance first and buy the correct bundle from the shop.
      Blizzard (Source)
      So, if i use 6 tokens for game time will i get the mount? as always, blizz is quite confusing when they worded the offer. Thanks in advance.
      Hey guys,

I just wanted to confirm that you would NOT get the Dreadwake mount if you convert your WoW Tokens into game time directly.

In this case you would need to claim the tokens for balance first and then buy the correct bundle from our shop, here:
      https://eu.shop.battle.net/en-gb/product/world-of-warcraft-mount-dreadwake-gametime-bundle

Hope this helps!
      Protection Warrior in Patch 8.1
      Buffs are coming for Protection Warriors. Class balance is a "sore spot" right now. They haven't decided yet what form those changes will take (patch vs. hotfix).
      Blizzard (Source)
      Shamans got a blue; Here's to hoping Warriors get one.

I won't make a massive OP, there's been tomes written on how broken prot was since earliest stages of BfA beta. It's common knowledge that warriors make up for under 5% of all tank representation after 2 weeks of Uldir, in ALL types of content;

They're weak, they lack a niche, their kit has been massively hurt by the GCD change, and they need a lot of love to become viable. Like. Without exaggeration, it's easier to heal a shadow priest who pulls aggro in a dungeon, than a prot warrior in that same dungeon...

Blizzard? Are you doing this one class at a time, or can prots hope for some love as well? Cause it honestly feels really bad when the most iconic tank in the game is just so far behind it's not even worth using any more...
      I can’t speak to any plans for the patch, but I do know that we’re planning to make some tuning adjustments sometime in the next few weeks which should include some defensive buffs for Protection Warriors.
      Just curious but why can't you speak to any plans for the patch? You explained the tooltips for the proposed ele shaman changes, but can't speak about warriors? Or is it that there is nothing changing in the patch for warriors?
      Few reasons. Partially because I'm not a class designer, so I don't make those decisions. But also because the class team themselves haven't decided yet. We agree Prot Warriors need love, but aren't 100% decided on exactly what form those changes will take, which also means we don't know if it'll need to be in a patch or not. The Elemental changes require a patch, otherwise we'd just hotfix them in.

Regarding this upcoming tuning pass, I wouldn't expect it to be something that solves every Prot Warrior grievance, but it should hopefully help while we look into potential further adjustments.
      Hate to say it (and hate to nail it to you Lore) but class imbalance is very very bad right now. I think most of us don't want classes that are OP or overtuned-- but we would like to see them fluid enough and competitive enough that we can feel comfortable that our individual investment will ensure us a spot and a chance at current WoW content.
      Class balance is definitely a sore spot right now, both in community feedback and our own internal discussions. We're working on it. It's a delicate thing; we want to solve the issue of players feeling like their class is undesired, but we also want to avoid the opposite issue where everyone feels like they need to reroll to whatever the new hotness is every few weeks (side note, that's part of why we do tuning adjustments in batches rather than every few days, to give things a little time to stabilize before the next round).

I'd also like to submit the argument that, while class balance certainly isn't perfect right now, it's also the beginning of an expansion, which is *always* a bit shaky for class balance. There are absolutely outliers on either side of the spectrum, with some buffs and most likely some nerfs incoming, but aside from those few cases, our data (based on hundreds of thousands of boss kills, arena matches, etc) is showing that class balance isn't that far out of whack from how things were at the start of Legion, or Warlords, or Mists, etc.

But like I said, we're working on it, and will have more to share soon.

• By joat
      Who We Are
      Tequila Sundown is a mythic raid team formed within the <Karma Horde> guild on US-Stormreaver. Lead by a husband/wife team with high-level raiding experience dating back to WotLK, we're a "positively determined" progression team that maintains a light-hearted atmosphere while tackling mythic difficulty content. We're mature adults with jobs and family seeking like-minded players who have a passion for the game but want to avoid the needless angst or drama that often gets associated with progression raiding. We log on to have fun - so come have some fun with us!

A Team Within a Community
      Our raid team is one of three within the larger guild of <Karma Horde>, which was formed back during WotLK. As such, the guild and Discord are very active and social. There are always people around online and in-game. The community atmosphere is welcoming and friendly to players of all levels. The guild enforces a Code of Conduct that has zero tolerance for hate/offensive speech.
      We are always looking to add players with a friendly personality and lots of passion for the game. We want players who are going to log in on non-raid nights and be down for all the other things we're into: pushing mythic+, doing world quests, PVP shenanigans, achievement hunting, hyper-competitive fishing.. there's so much to do and so many ways to enjoy the game. This is our favorite hobby and we'd like to play with you if it is yours, too.

Progression Goals
      6/8H, 8/8N Uldir.
      We strive for a fun environment that takes the challenges of mythic seriously and giving the content the respect it deserves. Our aim is, as all mythic teams, full clear of content but with always keeping the friendly spirit of camaraderie alive. Performance matters, but so does staying positive and finding the fun in the difficulty of a raid. We do not require mythic raid experience to join our team but we do expect mythic-level dedication and accountability from all of our raiders. You must be able to take constructive criticism and have ownership over your level of play, and be willing to put in the effort to be a contribution to the team.

Raid Days/Times
      Our mandatory raids are:
      Tuesdays 8:45pm PT - 11:45pm PT
      Thursdays 8:45pm PT - 11:45pm PT
      Optional:
      Sundays 8:45pm PT - 11:45pm PT
      Sundays are for farming the previous raid difficulty.

Recruitment Needs
      Healer: Holy Paladin or Disc Priest preferred. DPS off-set a bonus.
      DPS: Will consider mythic capable ranged DPS.
      Interested? Next steps: 
      Please check out our team's wiki on the <Karma Horde> subreddit.
      Read the Guild Code of Conduct
      Complete and submit a New Raider Application
      Join the guild's Discord server
      Add the Raid Leaders on bnet:  joat#1832 & lambkill#1856  
      Looking forward to hearing from you!
    • By Stan
      Bellular is back with a new video for new and returning players, highlighting additional features of the game, including Professions, the Auction House, transmog, Pet Battles, achievements, events and micro-holidays.
      New and Returning Player Guides
      Part One: What is World of Warcraft? Part Two: Character Creation Part Three: Movement & User Interface (UI) Part Four: Leveling Up & Mounts Part Five: Social Features & Communities Part Six: PvE Content Part Seven: PvP Content
    • By Starym
      Method's WF and Limit's W2nd G'huun Kill Videos
      Uldir Race Day 9: Two 8/8s, Wipe Counts, Nerdscreams and More
      Congratulation Tweets, Hall of Fame for Method's WF
      Method Gets the G'huun World First! - Kill video from the stream, wipecount and more.
      Uldir Race Day 8: 4.1% G'huun Lives to the Second Week - Method get the boss down to 4.1%, Limit may have extended their lockout and we get World First and second Mythrax kill videos.
      Uldir Race Day 7: G'huun Down to 12% and Nerfed - A 12% try from Method and a nerf to the big worm.
      Uldir Race Day 6: Method Catch Up, Mythrax Video - Method and Exorsus catch up and we get a Mythrax kill video.
      Uldir Race Day 5: Limit World First 7/8 - Limit head to the top and take a strong lead with their Mythrax the Unraveler World FIrst.
      Uldir Race Day 4: Zul Down, 6/8 by EU and US - Method get the World First on Zul, Reborn and Limit catch up to them quickly.
      Uldir WF Race Day 3: US 5/8, Devourer Down - Limit grab the World First after some more hotfix nerfs to Fetid Devourer.
      Uldir Mythic WF Race Day 2: Fetid Devourer Endboss - EU guilds catch up but no one can get past the 5th boss, Fetid Devourer and 8 guilds are stuck at 4/8.  Uldir Mythic WF Race Day 1: 4 Bosses Down - Big Dumb Guild and Limit get 4 bosses down before EU servers come up, Blizzard nerfs Fetid Devourer and we get to see three WF kill videos. ____________________________________________________________________
      The gates of Mythic Uldir have opened and the US and OC servers are coming up after maintenance. Now it remains to be seen who will go in early and grab those World Firsts before the EU an Asian guilds have had a chance to enter the first raid of Battle for Azeroth. As always, we'll have summary posts for each day early in the EU morning.
      Of the possible contenders on the US/OC scene we have Wildcard Gaming, formerly Easy, who have already taken a WF in Heroic, with their G'huun kill, and seem eager to get their new name heard, so they might just be the leading US guild. On the other hand, Limit has been a dominant presence in the US/OC scene for a long time now, grabbing most WFs and being the only real competition to the EU and Asian guilds in the endgame. We also have SNF and Big Dumb Guild who have gotten some World Firsts in the past, and have been known to raid early, so the competition for those first few kills should be high. Blood Legion also seem to have returned after a long hiatus, as they will be raiding "semi-competitively" in BfA, but it remains to be seen what exactly that means.
      As always, we'll be using Method's raid progress coverage for our own summaries and you can head on over to their site to follow the race live, both today with the usual updates and tomorrow with the guild itself streaming the race live. For other streams of the progress race, head on over to twitch's WoW page and you'll be sure to find tons of players showing off their journey through Uldir.
      We'll also be using this article as a hub for all the race summary posts.

The race is about to begin and you can check out all of our coverage right here.
    • By Starym
      Just when you thought they were gone, the hotfixes make their comeback! Today we get some Tol Dagor nerfs, some fixes and improvements for Island Expeditions, including some achievements now being account-wide and a brand new World Quest to win one! There's also the usual PvP and quest fixes, as well as another Heart of Azeroth tweak.
      September 21 (source)
      Dungeons and Raids
      Tol Dagor Overseer Korgus’ Incendiary Rounds’ damage and Blast Rounds’ pushback decreased by 25%. Island Expeditions
      A new world quest has been added to win one Island Expedition. Click on the map and set sail for adventure! Some Island Expedition achievements have been made account-wide. Resolved additional issues that could prevent players from gaining progress in Island Expeditions for the weekly quest “Azerite for the Horde / Azerite for the Alliance”. Items
      Fixed bugs that were preventing Truffles in Stormsong Valley from behaving as expected. Heart of Azeroth Ablative Shielding is no longer reduced by Stagger. Player versus Player
      The Weekly Quest "Something Different" can now be completed by participating in Shado-pan Showdown, as intended. “Something Different” now grants a 340 item level Dread Gladiator piece of gear from the Brawl Footlocker. Players who have already turned in “Something Different” this week can now complete it a second time. World Quests
      Fixed an issue where the "Pest Problem" did not count towards the Storm's Wake emissary. There are now a greater number of Ancient Texts that are “Past Due”. Previous Hotfixes
      September 18th September 17th September 14th