FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Fakian

Newbie with a question

So I am reaching the higher lvls with my warlock, and as such I want to learn as much as I can, and have spent a lot of time here reading up on affliction aswell as Demo.

But one thing happened yesterday when I spoke with my friend and that made me doubt how dots are actually working and needed clarification.

I got told that at least hunter's dots dynamically update, and he was pretty sure that Warlock dots does the same, and from what I have read here, our dots are working with the "snapshot" effect when refreshed or extended.

I am not big into all the theory myself yet, and would really like to have it clarified, as much to ease my mind so I would stop thinking about it Posted Image

Other than that, awesome guides and tips Zagam, love them and I look forward to joining the ranks of the Warlocks

Edited by Fakian

Thanks alot :) I just needed to get it clarified, as the doubt from my friend was starting to get to me aswell :P

Looking forward to alot of affliction playing this weekend :)

You wouldnt want them to update dynamically. Snapshotting and pandemic is why Affliction is as good as it is now. The ability to extend procs and cooldowns past their intended durations is what separates Affliction from other Warlocks and really is what makes us perform so well in PvE compared to our teammates.

• Like 1