FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
YGHMAY

DPS and dying.

So I'm playing a DW Frost DK. I'm ilvl 700 (All PvP gear) (I was told PvP gear is fine) (If it isn't let me know). I'm doing about 30k DPS on single target. I don't know if that's good or not, I also seem to be dying quite often in Mythic and such.

Logs would be greatly appreciated, but generally speaking, 30k was what we were seeing in HC BRF gear - around 685 with appropriate set bonuses and trinkets. PvP gear in 700-710 range is "fine" lower PvE content, but if you want to progress, you need to get proper PvE gear. More importantly, you need to get knowledge of the encounters, which often comes hand in hand with getting the required gear.

If you are talking about mythic dungeons, most deaths come from standing in fire & co, lack of interrupts, prioritizing wrong targets and to an extent lack of CC - in other words encounter awareness. It especially applies to Skyreach, Grimrail, Auchindoun. But again, logs would be invaluable.

If you are talking about mythic HFC, forget about that with 700. Unless you are getting boosted, you cannot even think about going there, until your gear is around 720-725 (including upgrades) and you are intimately familiar with everything. You should do at least HC first.

Edited by simpetar

There is a very handy addon called GTFO from curse.com which gives you an audible warning when you are standing in fire. It will help and after a while you will get used to the fights and not stand in the fire as much. Often though there is no option but to run through fire so use your AMS to get some free rune power and or a fortitude as well. Make use of your self heals, a dead dps is no dps. 

700 in pvp gear is too low for mythic and you will die more often too. If your getting boosted and getting gear as you go along that will improve a bit.

Good luck with it