FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Synister

Returning player - Looking for startup advice

I played Hearthstone during the beta and am now returning to play again. I have 900 gold in the game and a $30 iTunes gift card to burn. Any advice on how best to use my resources effectively? Should I invest in adventures, the new expansion card packs, arena runs, etc? I previously played mainly the Hunter class, but not sure I should continue to invest there as it seems like the meta favors other classes at the moment? Below is a list of my previous Hunter deck. Any advice from experienced players would be greatly appreciated!

Hunters Mark x2

Arcane Shot x2

Explosive Trap

Flare

Bloodfen Raptor x2

Iron beak Owl x2

Knife Juggler x2

River Crocolisk x2

Scavenging Hyena x2

Animal Companion x2

Deadly Shot

Kill Command x2

Unleash the Hounds x2

Shattered Sun Cleric

Multi-shot

Hound Master x2

Starving Buzzard x2

Stranglethorn Tiger

Tundra Rhino x2

Core Hound

Stormwind Champion

The best class is arguably Paladin. Secret Paladin and Midrange Paladin are both incredibly strong at the moment and LoE didn't offer any good cards to counter these decks. Another very strong deck at the moment is aggro shaman. However, you will need LoE for that.

Spending your resources effectively depends on your goal. Do you want to master a single deck, or play multiple decks for fun? What deck do you want? You can visit TempoStorm's Meta Snapshot.

The deck is simply bad. I recommend you to follow decks posted on this site. 

• Like 1

I played Hearthstone during the beta and am now returning to play again. I have 900 gold in the game and a $30 iTunes gift card to burn. Any advice on how best to use my resources effectively? Should I invest in adventures, the new expansion card packs, arena runs, etc? I previously played mainly the Hunter class, but not sure I should continue to invest there as it seems like the meta favors other classes at the moment? Below is a list of my previous Hunter deck. Any advice from experienced players would be greatly appreciated!

Hunters Mark x2

Arcane Shot x2

Explosive Trap

Flare

Bloodfen Raptor x2

Iron beak Owl x2

Knife Juggler x2

River Crocolisk x2

Scavenging Hyena x2

Animal Companion x2

Deadly Shot

Kill Command x2

Unleash the Hounds x2

Shattered Sun Cleric

Multi-shot

Hound Master x2

Starving Buzzard x2

Stranglethorn Tiger

Tundra Rhino x2

Core Hound

Stormwind Champion

With your gift card i would definitely buy adventures, since its quite hard to farm enough, and they offer very good cards. I usually spend my gold on arena, because you get a pack for sure, and in the worst scenario you loose 50 g but can win lot more.