FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk2011

Of the Savage Gear

Hi, I've been googling extensively and the only thing I can find is a one year old chart on Reddit that didn't seem to answer my question. What I'm trying to determine is what loot spec do I need to be in in order to receive "of the Savage" gear from Baleful tokens. I'm following a Monk BrM soloing guide which suggests Crit/Multistrike gear, and although I've gotten a couple of pieces, I'm not sure which loot spec I was in at the time and haven't had any more since.

So, if anyone knows, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Baleful gear has random affixes that determine what stats it has on it.  The "of the Savage" is one of many of said affixes.  Your loot specialization only really matters when it comes to Jewelry, meaning Rings, Neck, Cloak, and Trinkets, where you will want to be in Brewmaster loot spec for Bonus Armor/Crit pieces (Bonus Armor being better both for Offense and for Defense than both Crit and MS).  On all other pieces it doesn't matter what your loot spec is as none of the affixes will come with the Jewelry-specific Bonus Armor that only tanks can get from Baleful items.  That being said, it's not entirely uncommon to go on streaks of not seeing any pieces with that affix.  

Okay, so there's no way to try and, I guess, force an "of the Savage" by being in a particular spec?

I've managed to get Bonus Armour on my cloak and rings so far, it's just the other slots I'm working on now. From a soloing perspective, would you think having some pieces with a bit of mastery on them wouldn't hurt? I'm talking about for like ToT and certain bosses in SoO.

Thanks for the reply and info.

Edited by Hawk2011

Bit of a late reply, but there is no way to try to force of the savage. I'm afraid it's a matter of just trying over and over again. Generally, though, gear you get from hellfire citadel on most any difficulty (barring LFR) is going to be superior to what you get from baleful items, even if they're crit/multistrike. If you can get a hold of the HFC 4 set, it's very good for soloing as you can selfheal like crazy with it, effectively meaning you can pull whatever you like (I can easily pull multiple packs of elites up at throne of kil'jaeden and easily heal through the damage they do). In addition, the bonus from the Archimonde trinket as BM is nothing to sniff at either - it gives elusive brew a fair boost to all of your damage, which is an added benefit considering tanks don't do as much damage intrinsically. 

Edited by Healeze