FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Millou

Help with low dps(affli)

Quick pass, nothing is standing out as super bad.

Gaze is a really bad trinket to use for IR.

SB:H buff is meh uptime, partly because of flight phase though.

Really for the ilvl and the groups ilvl it isn't *bad* DPS. I wouldn't call it great either but it isn't bad.

If you're looking at your parse, keep in mind that your kill time is VERY slow and thus damaging your parse by a lot. The top 20 or so kills are all right around 35 seconds long Vs. your almost 5min 30s kill time. Not a lot you can do about this until your guild gets better players and a LOT more gear.

I want to add a couple things but I am far from a warlock master lol. First I want to reaffirm what Locky pointed out. Kill time is a huge impact on your parse rankings. When a group can kill a boss so fast that they are riding their opener DPS all the way to the end of the fight they are going to set a high curve to the dps rankings.

On fights like these I like to do two things.

1) Use the compare feature to see how I did compared to locks that ended the fight around the same time/group size that I did. I feel this gives me a slightly better comparison to my "peers" than the rankings do.

2) Highlight the first "X" time of the fight so I can see how much DPS I was doing when the fight was at where the other groups were ending. So for Reaver when the top ranks are killing her at 30 seconds what was my dps in the first 30 seconds? What about the first 2 mins? (Before the first air phase)

Looking at the first 2 mins of your log It looks like you are using the glyph of dark soul. I would not recommend this. With regular DS and using your charges back to back you should be able to have DS running for the whole length of Hero (with tier procs) This is a huge buff to your DPS.

Like Locky said your SB: H uptime is not the greatest. I noticed in the first two mins that there was a gap that you did not have the buff but you were sitting on a soulburn. Were you out of shards or just missed the cast? Make sure you have some sort of way to track your buffs. I prefer Weakauras but there are other options out there.

Hope that information helps!

So I have been having issues with my dps as well and I'm at 715 with 2pc of heroic gear. I sometimes finish boss fights at 39k and I am the laughing stock of the raid. So I started reading this thread and about the DS glyph. I never noticed the part about HALF the duration lol. I'm getting rid of that thing as soon as I get home. Hopefully that 2pc and longer DS will improve my dps. Here are the logs from my kilrog fight last night. 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/NQz6fArXJPcnkBtH/

xsadistic - Couple other points besides the glyph, Looking at Kilrogg Your UA uptime is very low. You want this above 95%, as close to 100 as you can. Your SB:H was low as well. I noticed there was a gap towards the end where you were sitting on soulburn but no buff up. Always try to bank 2 shards. if you have 3 or more with 20+ seconds left on SB:H and no haunt debuff on the target you can throw a unbuffed haunt out but If you have 2 or less save them to replenish your SB:H. Remember it is affected by pandemic affect so if you replace it with 8 seconds left the time will stack on and you will not be wasting any resources.

Doomguard was popped very late. If you are not well at timing it with execute you should throw him out during heroism/timewarp.

Get your hands on a DSI trinket. Way better than the CSP.

I love affliction and use it almost all the time so don't get me wrong but Kilrogg is a great fight for destruction. Cleaving adds will help your numbers increase where affliction cannot really take advantage of that.

Drkdragon thanks for the response. I took a few week off so the response is late. That Kilrog fight was somethign I ran real quick to get some logs. I understand the fundementals but I do need to improve my uptime. I do however pull out DG with the pull so I'll change that. I spent some time yesterday and ran Council on N/H but no DSI. I alwasy kept CSP because of the haste and mastery stats. 

what addons do you use to track dots?

Thanks again. 

what addons do you use to track dots?

I use weakauras. Hell I use weakauras for almost all my tracking. Buff, Debuffs, Dots, Etc. Addon is available at curse. 99% of the time you can find already made strings via a quick google search. There is also a topic here loaded with strings for various things to track.