FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Deadlylocks

Min/Max of the gear

So I am to the point where I am looking to squeeze out that little bit of dps that I am missing and I am to the point where I need some help from you guys.  At what point stat wise is haste ok?  I'm sitting at a 732ilvl.  My mastery is 2743 and haste is 2479.  I have 2 pieces that I could swap out that would increase my ilvl to 733, intel up by 25, mastery up 120, and crit by almost 400.  But the haste would drop from 2479 to 2001. Right now I am using a H DSI with a socket and M IRP.  I have a heroic class trinket and a MWF UGoS with a socket in my bags.  

Suggestions?

For Affliction the class trinket is extremely powerful, even on Single Target. It provides greatly increased shard generation which smooths out poor RNG and if anything is a huge QoL increase. On short kill times I'd go with the MWF + Socket UGoS, on longer fights you'll have to make a decision but it will come down to RNG.UGoS will probably have a higher DPS potential but Class Trinket will be more consistent and less frustrating. On multi target like council class trinket should win out.

In terms of stats, for Affliction I'd run higher haste, for Destruction higher crit. Overall the difference will be negligible so it really doesn't matter.

• Like 2

So after simming my lock on Simcraft haste is my best stat.

The information you have provided is not sufficient for a Yes/No answer.

SimC is a tool, not the law. Do not blindly follow it.

The only time haste is your best stat is if you are purely playing Aff and you are purely doing end tier farm where your guild is geared/skilled enough that you are not required for any kind of mechanics outside the burning down of one - two targets at a time. This is the only case for haste.

In all other cases, mastery is going to be your best stat for both Aff and Destro in a normal raiding environment.