FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Doobz

Help for my guild's MW please

Hi there, 

So the mistweaver monk in my guild is an awesome raider, she is never standing in fire, dodges the mechanics, and generally won't die to much of anything. This makes her an extremely valuable player in our group. Unfortunately, her numbers seem to be a bit low amongst our healers. None of my officers or myself have ANY experience playing a mistweaver, so we are at a stand still on how to help her. Granted, she just got her 4 piece and I'm sure they will increase once she learns how to utilize that a bit more, and she was also pretty sick when she was raiding this week, but I was hoping somebody could look these logs over and just give some helpful tips and tricks, and maybe see what she's doing (or should be doing) to increase her heals. Thank you so much in advance!

Logs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/a9JgAfm3bW2p8QjM

(^she bowed out on Archimonde due to sickness)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/JQXW1hxgFwZ7BdLy

This is her armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kilrogg/Sylinna/simple

Edited by Kopere
  • Like 1

I wouldn't call myself an expert on the topic, so I'll leave more specific advice to the experts. However I do have some experience with MW so hopefully I can give a few pointers. 

First thing I notice on the logs is that your MW is competing against 2 absorb classes (Disc priest and H Pally). In the Xhul'horac parse you're 4 healing it with I believe 17 people? Given how much you overgear that fight (most ilvls around 715+), 4 heals definitely feels like overkill. The way monk raid heals work is rather random; you spread Renewing Mist which then jumps to lowest health player within range. Your raid healing spell Uplift, that heals the people with your renewing mist on them. If you have other healers who are constantly shielding people, and a shaman who has a LOT of smart heals, most of monks healing here where you outgear the content is going to be overhealing.

Only thing I can say about spec is that I would go with Chi Torpedo over Rushing Jade Wind. It's SO powerful and costs no mana, and works well with the first tier Celerity.

The trinkets are a little weird, I'm not sure if they're just defaulted to her because that's all she can get? I'm sure there's better MW trinkets in HFC. From what I understand, haste and mastery are poor for MW in comparison to Multi & crit, and I don't think mana should be a problem to get much use from the second trinket (someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

I find on my monk with so much available spirit, chi brew talent and mana tea, it's very very hard to go OOM. I think if her mana is comfortable she could be a lot more agressive with mana useage. For example, using surging mist on low people to generate more chi so she can be spending chi more agressively too. Personally I don't like the mana tea glyph, because it feels like you're forced to use mana tea on cd in order to make the most of your mana tea stacks. I feel like it's worth the cost to channel the tea for a few seconds of down time, as long as you remember to do it before you actually run out of mana.

Hopefully this helps, anyone feel free to correct me :)

He/She needs more gear with multistrikes so that renewing mist management isn't as taxing. Considering multitrike is at around 1200, my guess is that the shaman's smart heals are eating away at her hps. Get her more MS and the lil panda should be ok.

With enough spirit, Rushing Jade Wind is very powerful, and keeping it up during heavy raid-wide AoE is a LOT of healing.  The 4pc is not overkill, it is really powerful and can save peoples lives in a pinch by uplift > ReM immediately, putting the extend life on the person targeted with ReM BEFORE the Extend Life healing goes out, giving them a large amount of healing.  That being said, 4 healing a 17 man heroic kill with a disc and H Pally really doesn't help your MW numbers.  Their gear is not very well optimized, as they should be going for MS and then haste or crit wherever possible.  Glyph wise they need to get rid of the mana tea glyph immediately as it is a loss of mana to use.

Thank you, I showed this to her, and she really appreciates all the input. We also know that Heroic is a joke now, and we overgear it by a lot. We're in the middle of building a mythic roster and we just happen to have recruited our mythic healers before we could finish out the DPS. This is highly encouraging going into mythic that maybe the numbers will see a drastic increase when the heals aren't getting soaked up.

Mythic Mistweaver here! 

I have disagree with what was said about RJW earlier entirely, and in fact insist that you don't listen to it.

Rushing Jade Wind is the go-to talent for mistweaver on that tier and does absolutely astounding levels of healing if you use it correctly. On any fight where there are the number of targets necessary in range (on most fights if there's not stacking you can just go to melee to use it) it's a very strong heal. Off the top of my head there are moments on every fight where it can/should be used on heroic (in mythic there are even more mechanics which warrant practically using it the entire fight): 

Hellfire Assault: When a Gorebound Terror casts Felfire Volley. 

Fel Reaver: Position yourself in melee as much as possible and use RJW on Pounding, For Artillery on tanks - basically keep it up the entire fight during the ground phase. 

Hellfire High Council: On Felstorm, Ghost Phase, Mirror Images (ranged stack), Final Phase with all the marks.

Kilrogg: Death Throes in melee, or while moving as a group with ranged.

Kormrok: With careful positioning you can hit most of melee with it during Pound, Hands, Splash. Most of the damage on this is AOE, so you can use it for that. 

Gorefiend: If you manage your mana properly to start feast with 100% mana, you can and should keep 100% uptime on Rushing Jade Wind for feast of souls' duration. 

Shadow Lord Iskar: Fel Chakram AoE, Focused Blast

Socrethar: In melee in P1 as required, In p2 for the Apocalypse and as required. 

Tyrant Velhari: In melee after the Tempest to top them up, Every Edict, As often as possible and P2, and as much as P3 as possible.

Fel Lord Zakuun: Basically all of the disarmed phase and when seeds are going out and the final burn.

Xhul'horac: For Black Hole (help soak yourself, with it up), And during the final burn as often as possble. 

Mannoroth: Not much use as first, but when he awakens and the raid stacks by his side, for Fel Hellstorm, After Gaze, In the final phase basically all the time. 

Archimonde: The raid should be stacked as soon as desecrate starts, so for Desecrate, Allure, Shackled Torment, Any stray Wroughts going through the raid, Demonic Feedback, Rain of Chaos - RJW can and should be used for all of these. 

As you can see, RJW is a huge healing boost and is on-demand and just requires a little thinking about positioning. As a Mistweaver you can be in melee, so you should whenever you can for using RJW to get the most out of it if there's no ranged stacking. Good RJW is in fact a large part of being a good mistweaver. 

In addition, your MW has the 4 set, and the 4 set is a huge source of healing for us. She should be using Renewing Mist on people who are taking, or will soon be taking damage, and trying to keep uptime on the Extend Life buff on the currently active tank as a sort of beacon of light. This makes RJW even stronger a choice, as it generates chi which you can then spend on Uplift and not only do more healing from that, but more healing through extend life. 

Since your MW will not be using Chi Torpedo, she should be using Tiger's Lust instead of Celerity, since it's an excellent raid utility to be able to use and is also one of the marks of a good mistweaver. 

Trinket-wise the demonic phylactery is very strong for mistweaver, as it reduces the cost of RJW, which is otherwise very costly. It's a good choice all round. 

I do agree that the mana tea glyph HAS to go, and that she should be more aggressive. This should mostly be covered with more aggressive use of RJW. 

If you'd like a log to look at and compare and see what sort of differences there are between our healing that she can examine and see what she needs to do more or less of, here's a link to one of my own hc mannoroth kills: 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tVvDxK1BycaNYrp8#fight=1&type=healing

And here's the HC Archimonde: 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tVvDxK1BycaNYrp8#fight=3&type=healing

Edited by Healeze

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Athlios
      GUILD INFORMATION:
      Guild name: Gordian Knot
      Faction: Horde
      Realm: Draenor (EU)
      Realm Type: Normal - PVE
      Current progress: 1/9M
      Raid days: Wednesday, Sunday, Monday
      Raid times: 20.00-23.15 CET
      Comms: https://gordian-knot.eu/discord
      (Full application details on website)
      RECRUITING FOR RAIDING:
      High Demand:
      Death Knight: Unholy & Frost Evoker: All specs Warlock: All specs Medium Demand:
      Demon Hunter: Havoc Mage: All specs Monk: Mistweaver & Windwalker Warrior: Fury & Arms Also, in order to be able to join our main team straight away, you need to meet the requirements for our current progress, which are around 485+ item level equipped.
      We are also open to discuss a possible merge and get a smaller group or guild that is struggling to get their raids going, or that they want to advance to the next level. Most of us are versatile people and we can possibly reroll to achieve a good composition after a merge.
      Any social and friendly person who wants to join us for kicks and giggles is welcome. Just poke any of our officers online and you will get an invite for a social spot (no raiding spot).
      ABOUT US:
      Gordian Knot is a semi-hardcore raiding guild that consists of experienced raiders with some of them having raiding experience as far back as Vanilla.
      We are a friendly group who enjoys World of Warcraft and loves raiding. We have fun and joke around but when bosses need to go down then all is serious! We wish for all our members to enjoy the game as much as we do and we expect raiders to maintain a 80% attendance per month. Our wish is for this guild to provide a place for our members to call home and enjoy all aspects of this game in a fun and relaxed environment.
      We also enjoy a variety of other activities such as running a lot of Mythic+ dungeons doing alt-runs, achievement runs etc.
      We generally aim to push Mythic+ to get +15 keys done for the weekly chests. We do this in spirit to help everyone in the guild getting their highest possible gear reward from their weekly cache (socials included).
      There are a few things we hold in high value but above else we value friendliness and politeness towards guildies and other players and skillfulness when it comes to the more serious parts of the game.
      CURRENTLY:
      We raid 2 nights a week, Wednesdays and Sundays, from 20:15 till 23:15 server time. Our raid invites always start 15 minutes prior to each raid.
      Although we are a 20-man guild, we usually run an extra group in order to get more people to experience the joys of raiding, help new raiders learn the Knot’s way to down bosses and gearing up. Usually, these runs happen on Thursdays, and also we’re on RBGs killing alliance scums every Friday or Saturday or on other in game activities if not on RBGs!
      Our current guild progress is 1/9 in Amirdrassil mythic, and we're focusing on getting further progress in Dragonflight. Our aim is to always progress as much as possible but also to have a relaxed and fun atmosphere at the same time!
      If you're interested in joining Gordian Knot, please fill in our application form, located at https://gordian-knot.eu/apply/, or join our discord https://discord.gg/FVR8HPB, alternatively please whisper one of our officers:

Leleko - Leleko#2235 Narweena - Sephyra#2517 Tia - Tialha#2798  

Leleko - Leleko Narweena - Narweena Tia - Tia_12  
      PS. We're always open to group applications or guild merging discussions.
      We are also open and welcome social applications.
    • By lion206
      As the title already said I'm needing help understanding how to make the build like the guide says, i somehow need to get the full set bonus of bones of Rathma but i also need the full Captain Crimson's trimmings bonus for cd reduction i can get that with ring of royale grandeur but i also need to use fate's vow helm but if i use it i cant get the full Bones of Rathma set bonus or Captain Crimson's trimmings bonus. 
      If anyone know how i can get that build to work please say how, I'm open to any suggestions.
      Link to the guide I'm  talking about: https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/necromancer-rathma-army-of-the-dead-build
      (this is my first post on icy-veins and i don't fully understand if I'm doing this right) 
    • By scotti
      🔥 Guild Name: Virtuoso
      🗺️ Progression: 9/9 Heroic | 7/9 Mythic
      🌍 Server: EU-Kazzak
      🛡️ Focus: Mythic Raiding & Community Building
      ---
      🏆 About Us:
      Hey everyone! Virtuoso is currently 7/9 Mythic and gearing up for Season 4 & The War Within. This isn't just a short-term fix; it's a long-term project! We're a tight-knit guild on EU-Kazzak, passionate about raiding progression and fostering a respectful community.
      📅 Raiding Schedule:
      We raid regularly on Sundays and Wednesdays at 7 PM GMT. During Mythic progression at the start of a patch, we'll raid three nights a week for one month.
      🎯 Our Goal:
      Our mission is to break into the top guilds on our server/world. If you thrive on conquering challenging content and growing with a team, you'll fit right in!
      ---
      🌟 What We Offer:
      - Focus on Raiding excellence, looking to push Cutting Edge in The War Within
      - Mature, inclusive, and respectful community (17+)
      - Strong leadership with clear raiding strategies
      - Growth opportunities and regular social events
      - Long-term vision with committed members
      - Sophisticated Discord server
      - Regular Mythic+ Groups
      ---
      🔍 We’re Looking For:
      - You're familiar with your spec/class and aim for Mythic-level performance.
      - You prioritize teamwork over individual play.
      - You're open to constructive feedback and don't take it personally.
      - You're comfortable communicating in English and actively participate in discussions.
      - You're dedicated to achieving our common objectives.
      - You come prepared for raids with consumables and knowledge of upcoming encounters.
      - You have a reliable internet connection.
      - You're expected to have at least 2 geared characters for progression.
      - You have a working microphone and are not afraid to speak
      📢 Communication: We use Discord for all our guild communications and raid planning.
      ---
      🎉 Social Events: Join us for our weekly social events every Friday/Saturday!
      ✨Guild Culture: We maintain a mature atmosphere, ideal for players who want a blend of serious raiding and a friendly environment.
      ---
      🤝 Join Us!
      If Virtuoso sounds like the guild for you, reach out to us! We’re excited to welcome new members who share our vision and enthusiasm.
      Contact an officer on Discord: https://discord.gg/virtuosoguild for more information
    • By Sparse
      Scepter is a guild with a semi-hardcore mindset, We aim to clear all content on Heroic difficulty. When we can, on top of that we try getting some Mythic kills too. (if enough people)
      Scepter is based on the Horde side of Draenor, there is no obligation to be on the server to raid with us, you can be Alliance or Horde and play on what ever server you feel like and still be able to play with us, you only need to join our Discord and our Community in game.
      About Us
      We’re a group of friends who have been playing together since Legion and picked up new members along the way, and these days we’re more a community of people who play mainly wow raids and push m+ - but also a ton of other games to have fun together outside of wow as well, especially with those of us that no longer play wow but still want to stick around due to the friends made along the way. We generally put IRL as a priority over the game, but that doesn’t mean we don’t take it seriously when neccesary. But we do aim to keep a chill, fun, banter-esque atmosphere since games are meant to be fun.
      Raiding times
      (Progression times may be extended)
      ☩ Thursday 19:30 - 22:30 ST
      ☩ Monday 19:30 - 22:30 ST
      What we are currently looking for
      ☩ RDPS ( Mage,Shaman,Spriest,Boomkin )
      ☩ Healer ( Priest,Druid )
      ☩ All other classes will be considered if you prove to be exceptionally good at the class.
      What to expect?
      ☩ Two organized raids a week
      ☩ Dedicated team of officers who will support the guild as much as possible.
      ☩ A semi-hardcore raiding guild whose aim is to use our limited hours in the best way that we can, maintaining progress with a decent atmosphere.
      ☩ Helpful environment.
      What do we expect?
      ☩ To be on Discord during raids,working mic isn’t a necessity but it will be of great help in the future.
      ☩ Being humble enough to accept that you can always improve and accept criticism if it’s meant well.
      ☩ Able to attend most of the scheduled raids
      ☩ You have to perform to the best of your abilities and know how to optimize your gear.
      ☩ Research the class/spec you play and keeping it up to date.
      ☩ Punctuality - Showing up for raids in good time and being well prepared with Phials, Enchants, gems, etc
      Where to Contact us
      Sarodra#2778
      Sparse#21541
      https://discord.gg/3dagRP2Saz
    • By Tomseno
      Raid/Class Spots Are Open To Any Applicant If The Player Is The Right Fit
      A guild formed with an ambition for progression and a love for M+ we decided to make the move from Silvermoon Alliance and form a guild to take our focus to the next level, Cutting Edge in 10.1 being the next step.
      We believe in building a guild by recruit players of a similar goal and mentality whether it be for raiding or for push score in Mythic plus. We value loyalty, honesty and a positive attitude towards setbacks. Communication skills are an absolute must.
      Raid Schedule
      Wednesday 20:30-23:00 Sunday 20:30-23:00
      Current Progression
      9/9HC 5/9M
      What are we looking for recruitment wise?
      We're currently open to recruiting DPS classes listed above, as we aim to solidify a stable 25-player roster. We're looking to provide competition to existing members and choose the best 25 players to proceed with for next tier.
      Contact Information:
      Discord; tomsen and lora1506
      Think you'd be a good fit?
      If you believe that you are a player that is looking to achieve the same goals as us then why not contact us and see if we can achieve our goals together!