Forcenihil

Help With Destruction DPS

Sign in to follow this  

3 posts in this topic

So I'm having some problems running my Destruction spec, and it's honestly bothering me immensely -- my Affliction DPS is relatively average, at around 60k DPS on Single Target Fights and between 40-50k DPS on Multi Target Fights.  Obviously this damage could become better, and I'm hoping that it will in the near future as my guild progresses, however my question lies with Destruction today. 

My damage with Destruction is completely and entirely abysmally, inconsistent.  Sometimes, I'll be doing around 55-60k, and then other times I'll be doing around 28k.  I really am unsure as to how I could make my DPS better, as my rotation doesn't seem too horribly poor, and I just can't seem to be consistent where I'm dealing relatively the same amount of damage as my Affliction, and it's frustrating me beyond belief. 

Here's my Armory, hopefully it's not outdated from me switching gear/specs a ton for Raid:  http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/Forcenihil/simple

Sorry if this isn't formatted correctly, if there are any problems with it, I'll fix it as soon as it's brought to my attention!  Thanks in advance for any advice and/or help that you guys can give me, as I'm wanting to get better at Warlock! 

I checked out some of your logs, and in particular this recent Gorefiend kill.

Looking at your Damage Done and Casts, you failed to use Havoc and Shadowburn effectively.  In a 6:35 encounter, you only cast 1 Havoc and 9 Shadowburns.  One of your main sources of damage should be from Havoc+Shadowburnx3.  There are so many dying adds on that fight for you to be able to exploit that.  

Looking at your Buffs, you have a haste enchant on your weapon that isn't helping your Destruction spec.  The legendary ring will be an improvement.  But most concerning is your Dark Soul use.  Firstly, you've got it glyphed, which is a no-no except in special circumstances (of which this is not).  And secondly you're just not using it.  You cast it at 4 pretty random times in the encounter for 40s of uptime in 6:35 (~10%).  If you had it unglyphed and used it properly (0:00, 2:00, 4:00, 6:00 + extra charge) you would have 100s of uptime in 6:35 (~25%).  Just as important is to use it at the right time, which in this encounter is during Feast of Souls.  And you didn't use it at all there.  I like to use it on pull, then use it for the first Feast with my 2nd charge back-to-back to cover the full duration of Bloodlust.  That is where I'd also use my Doomguard + 2nd potion, but you also didn't use your Doomguard or a 2nd potion.   

Hey! Thanks for checking out my logs! I'm still getting used to using Destro, as I'm mainly an Affliction Player, and that explains my Haste Enchant on the weapon. I usually use Darksoul for when I have all 4 burning embers up and am about to cast a lot of chaos bolts in a short amount of time, though, I remember reading somewhere that blowing all of your embers is usually bad. I'm also embarrassed to say that I wasn't aware Shadowburn affected Havoked targets, unless I'm simply reading that part wrong. I would also like someone to take a look see into my Affliction Fights if you can find any of them, as I know I could still improve in all of the specs for warlock, and I'm totally open to any and all criticism!

Again, thanks for the advice you've already given me!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Caldyrvan
      A few days ago I posted a cheap priest deck. I have no idea how many actually have been interested in it but maybe we had some none registered visitors who knows. So here another deck. Again inspired by Chump but I had a similar deck before. Compared to Chumps' version I replaced 2x Twilight Summoner with 2x Spawn of N'Zoth (beause Epics are not budget :D) and I didn't want to craft Forbidden Ritual myself so I've put in 2 commons instread, Mortal Coil and Zealous Initiate.
      It's technically a Zoo but it plays differently which is a nice change to the "we know it all" stuff :)
      Total Arcane Dust Cost: 1500
      2x Flame Imp 1x Mortal Coil 2x Possessed Villager 2x Sanguine Reveler 2x Voidwalker 1x Zealous Initiate 2x Dire Wolf Alpha 2x Volatile Elemental 2x Darkshire Councilman 2x Devilsaur Egg 2x Spawn of N'Zoth 2x Unwilling Sacrifice 1x Void Terror 2x Ravenous Pterrordax 1x Cobalt Scalebane 2x Despicable Dreadlord 2x Bonemare Deck Code: AAECAf0GBMQIxQmNrQLKywINMNkHwgi0rAL2rgKNrwLnwQKrwgK0xAKXywL3zQKmzgKJ4gIA
      Guide:
      This deck is basically a Zoo, you can find a well written guide here, but maybe somewhat slower and less reliable due to the fact that you need to combo with your deathrattle cards but the value you get out of them should make up for it. As with any Zoo deck you want to put early pressure on your opponent and establish board control with cheap minions and playing on curve.
      In your starting hand you want to see a couple of 1 mana minions and a 2 (and/or maybe a 3 mana cost) mana cost to put something on the board and plan for your next turns. Flame Imp is always a good choice as well as Sanguine Reveler and a 1, 2 or maybe a 3 mana deathrattle minion to combo with. Against more aggressive decks a Voidwalker could be a good choice as well, against slower decks you might consider to keep a Devilsaur Egg. To be able to play a Darkshire Councilman on turn 3 is great too.
      You have good tools to maintain board control (besides the minions you already have) like Volatile Elemental which has great synergy with your cannibal cards like Ravenous Pterrordax. Unwilling Sacrifice is a bit like Deadly Shot and needs accurate play to be not a waste but the potential value you can get out of it is great. And later in the game Despicable Dreadlord helps a lot to maintain board control.
      Have fun :)
      -> Budged Aggro Priest Deck
    • By Violentravi
      Hello,
      The Sworn is recruiting DPS.  We are a Horde guild on Arthas and our current progression is 4/9 Mythic TOS.  We only raid two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 9:05 PM until 12:05 AM Eastern.  Currently, our main goal is to push Mythis TOS progression versus clearing farmed content, please keep this in mind if you wish to join us.
      From you, we would expect 100% attendance during your trial period; after that if you cannot make a raid or will be late it is mandatory to keep the raid leader updated.  In order to continue making good progression while raiding only two nights a week, we expect that you know your class inside-out and will research any bosses you are unfamiliar with prior to raids.
       If you are interested, you can either reply to this thread and link your most recent combat logs for review or hit me up on battlenet, Violentnacho, recruiting officer (violentravi#1826.
      Thank you for your consideration
      Xoxo
      Violentnacho
    • By Deydoridra
      Hi I'm looking for an active raid guild. I am not a hardcore raider but would like to continue with normal/ heroic progression. 
      I'm looking for raid time around 6pm PST / 9pm EST start. Will consider faction change for the right fit. 

9/9 Normal 9/9 Heroic - Multiple kills

Battletag Ravenblack69#1619
    • By Deydoridra
      Hey guys,
      I'm new to playing affliction lock and ranged DPS in general really. Can someone help me see why my DPS isn't where it should be? I've changed my stats around and have been playing with my legendaries and rotation but I can't seem to improve. If someone has some ideas it would be much appreciated. 
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/arathor/syraice
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/71tcn24XFqBpZf9a/#view=rankings&boss=-2&difficulty=0
    • By MarcHethrusWaters
      Maximum Effort is a new guild on Cenarion circle (A). I was the raid leader for my guild for a long time and we built up a strong raid team. Due to do some dis-agreements between me and the guild leader I was forced to leave. But luckly enough a lot of my team followed me! We're working to build a guild focused around team work and group progression. We love doing mythics, raids, talking and theory crafting about the game!
      We have a very strong-core raid group, capable of clearing heroic and doing some mythic but we're just missing a few people to round it out!
      Raid nights.. Tue/wed 6-830pm server (9:30-11:30 est) Off night Monday 6-830pm server (9-11:30 est)
      Looking for.. -Any and all dps specs
      - Non pally or holy priest healer!
      All raid mats and needs are covered by guild, we run personal look just for the ease of it.
      My btag is Hethrus#1504 if you have questions or wish to try out!