FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Novax73

Combat Low DPS

recently back to WOW, used my lvl 100 boost on my Combat rogue and my DPS is half of what it should be. My Item lvl is about 670. My single target is about 16K and my multi is around 21K. the DMG calculators say it should be between 29K-36K single and 34K-50K multi. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. i use instant poison and Toggle Blade Flurry when its a multi target event and of when single. I Use Anticipation over mark of death as i find it easier.

My rotation is start Ambush>Revealing strike>SnD

then i pop my cool downs normally in this order. Killing Spree, Shiv, vanish>ambush>Preparation>Vanish>Ambush>AR

Then SS>5X CP>Eviscerate till any cool down resets while keeping SnD, Revealing strike and Internal Bleeding from Kidney shot up as much as possible. 

I don't know what i am doing wrong, is it just being accustomed to the game? I've seen many videos on Rogue rotations and they don't do much more than me. 

I need help and have no idea whats wrong Please Help me.

Try holding some CPs (7 or 8) for right when you're going into your Red buff, you'll do somewhat more damage.

Also, providing logs is helpful for analysis.

Edited by lipsinch

Why are you using Shiv? It's a pointless skill for damage.

Bosses are immune to being stunned, and so are also immune to Kidney Shot's bleed. Do not use Kidney Shot, as it is wasted combo points

Don't use Vanish + Ambush until you get Deep Insight (red buff)

Your opener should look something like:

1. Ambush
  2. RvS
  3. SS to Shallow Insight (4x)
  4. Killing Spree
  5. Adrenaline Rush
  6. Eviscerate
  7. Spam SS & Evis to Deep Insight
  8. Vanish > Ambush > Prep > Vanish > Ambush

Your priority order should be this:

1. Maintain SnD
  2. Maintain RvS
  3. Dump combo points with Evis
  4. SS to build combo points

On a side note, MfD does provide a substantial damage boost as well.

MfD is Marked for Death, another talent option in the same tier as Anticipation.

Look for Bandit's Guile in your spellbook. Every 4 SS casts you go up an Insight level. Your insight starts at None, then Shallow (green), Moderate (yellow), and Deep (red)

As for logs, you can go to www.warcraftlogs.com and download their client (and register). Once you got it all settled up, you can go ingame, type /combatlog and start playing. Once you're done, type /combatlog again, go into your WoW folder, Logs folder, and it should be there.

Upload it with the client and tada. You got a log with analysis.

You also have live logging, but I never used it, so I can't talk about it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      In Visions of N'Zoth, you will be able to purchase crates which contain items tied to specific Islands and invasions from a new vendor. Therefore, do not spend your dubloons until Patch 8.3 hits live servers.
      As you probably know, each Island has specific items tied to it ranging from battle pets, mounts, toys up to transmogs that you can get upon finishing an Island Expedition. We've datamined two categories of items that will be available for sale in Patch 8.3 from a new vendor.
      The first category includes Island-specific crates which cost 175 Seafarer's Dubloons each and you can purchase three at a time, depending on the Island Expeditions that are available during that week:
      Crestfall Salvage Dread Chain Salvage Havenswood Salvage Jorundall Salvage Rotting Mire Salvage Skittering Hollow Salvage Snowbloosom Salvage Molten Cay Salvage Un'gol Ruins Salvage Verdant Wilds Salvage Whispering Reef Salvage The second category are invasion-specific crates which cost 75 Seafarer's Dubloons each:
      Elemental Salvage contain items from Elemental invasions. Venture Co 'Salvage' contain items from Tol'vir and Black Dragon invasions. Other Patch 8.3 Content:
      Visions of N'Zoth Class Changes Visions of N'Zoth Development Notes New Forsaken Leadership in Patch 8.3 (Spoilers) Azshara's Bargain and the Key to Defeating N'Zoth (Spoilers) I'lgynoth's Whispers in Patch 8.3 (Analysis) Allied Races & Pandaren Death Knight Textures Added on 8.3 PTR Official Mechagnomes & Vulpera Preview Mechagnome & Vulpera Unlock Requirements Vulpera Heritage Armor Preview Mechagnome Heritage Armor Preview Mechagnome & Vulpera Dance Animations Vulpera Tidbits: Racial Mount, Shaman Totems, Hunter Pet Corrupted Rings with Kiss/Curse Effects from Ny'alotha New Essences in Patch 8.3 Ny'alotha Cloth Sets Preview Ny'alotha Plate Sets Preview Wrathion's Legendary Cloak Preview Alpaca Mounts in Patch 8.3 N'Zoth Serpent Mount in Patch 8.3 Aqir Flying Mount in Patch 8.3 Assaults in Patch 8.3 N'Zoth's Model in Patch 8.3 Ny'alotha Raid Boss Names & Descriptions Goblin & Worgen Heritage Armor Sets Preview Visions of N'Zoth Content Update Preview Ny'alotha Raid Testing: October 17th & 18th
    • By Starym
      Here come some more hotfixes for both retail and Classic, with the Classic side just being the already mentioned Dire Maul bug fix for stacking tribute buffs. On the BfA side we have higher chances for R4 Condensed Life-Force drops off Azshara, PvP fixes for Conflagration and more, increased gold rewards for weekly Island Expedition quests and Naga invasions for rank 70 neck holders and a lot more!
      October 16 (source)
      Items
      Increased the chances for someone who does not have a Rank 4 Condensed Life-Force (Essence) to loot it from Queen Azshara (Mythic difficulty). Pet Battles
      Fixed an issue that allowed some battle pets to become invincible after being resurrected in battle by Finduin or Gillvanas. Player versus Player
      Fixed an issue that caused Fire Mages’ Conflagration (Talent) to interfere with PvP diminishing returns on enemy targets. Resolved an issue that prevented characters that have not yet obtained their 9th weekly Conquest’s Reward from gaining the Spoils of War buff (50% bonus Conquest) during Rated Arenas and Rated Battlegrounds. Quests
      The weekly Island Expeditions quests, “Azerite for the Horde ” and “Azerite for the Alliance ” now reward 2,000 gold for players with a maximum-level Heart of Azeroth (level 70). World Quests
      Naga Incursions now award gold or war resources to players who can no longer progress their Heart of Azeroth (level 70). WoW Classic
      The buffs obtained from the guards in Dire Maul North after completing a tribute run will no longer stack.
    • By Stan
      Ny'alotha, the Waking City is the raid where we deal with N'Zoth and his forces and the armor is obviously heavily-inspired by the Old Gods. Today, we're looking at Cloth sets from the new raid.
      Cloth Sets from Ny'alotha, the Waking City
      Raid Finder

Normal Difficulty

Heroic Difficulty

Mythic Difficulty

Other Patch 8.3 Content:
      Visions of N'Zoth Class Changes Visions of N'Zoth Development Notes New Forsaken Leadership in Patch 8.3 (Spoilers) Azshara's Bargain and the Key to Defeating N'Zoth (Spoilers) I'lgynoth's Whispers in Patch 8.3 (Analysis) Allied Races & Pandaren Death Knight Textures Added on 8.3 PTR Official Mechagnomes & Vulpera Preview Vulpera Heritage Armor Preview Mechagnomes Heritage Armor Preview Mechagnome & Vulpera Dance Animations Corrupted Rings with Kiss/Curse Effects from Ny'alotha New Essences in Patch 8.3 Ny'alotha Plate Sets Preview Wrathion's Legendary Cloak Preview Alpaca Mounts in Patch 8.3 N'Zoth Serpent Mount in Patch 8.3 Aqir Flying Mount in Patch 8.3 Assaults in Patch 8.3 Vulpera Tidbits: Racial Mount, Shaman Totems, Hunter Pet N'Zoth's Model in Patch 8.3 Mechagnomes & Vulpera Unlock Requirements Ny'alotha Raid Boss Names & Descriptions Goblin & Worgen Heritage Armor Sets Preview Visions of N'Zoth Content Update Preview Ny'alotha Raid Testing: October 17th & 18th  
    • By Stan
      Il'gynoth returns as a boss in Ny'alotha, the Patch 8.3 raid, and with it comes another round of whispers full of prophecies. What do they entail? This article contains spoilers.
      We fought Il'gynoth back in the Emeral Nightmare and if you played in Legion, chances are you know that his prophecies have manifested themselves later on in Battle for Azeroth. He gave us hints on how Magni would become a pawn, which happened in Rise of Azshara, and much more. Now, he's back in Ny'alotha and his Voice Overs are full of riddles.
      Il'gynoth VO
      We've analyzed all whispers below.
      This refers to Mueh'zala who is also referred to as the Father of Sleep based on WoWWiki. Mueh'zala is the loa of death worshipped by the Sandury Tribe, and likely, Bwonsamdi's boss, whose identity has not been unveiled yet.
      The "Golden One" is Calia Menethil. Although the game did not contain information on how Sylvanas killed her and Calia got raised, 8.3 sound files hint at Calia becoming the new leader of the Forsaken and her plans to reclaim Lordaeron.
      Il'gynoth claims Calia will bring only darkness. This may refer to the events of Patch 9.0 and beyond. Remember, that we faced Il'gynoth as a boss at the beginning of Legion and his prophecies came true just recently in Patch 8.2 Rise of Azshara.
      The Val'kyr have some sort of pact with Sylvanas and it appears they are eager to fulfill her every wish. What that entails remains to be seen.
      "The Vessel of Life" probably refers to the Green Dragonflight. It foreshadows a traitor amidst their ranks. Merithra, the Daughter of Ysera, has seen some screen time in Battle for Azeroth and what the future brings is uncertain as for now.
      The Dragon Aspects have lost their powers after defeating Deathwing and in Battle for Azeroth, they're back helping us against N'Zoth. 
      Patch 8.3 Voice Overs suggest that Sylvanas, who's now wielding Xal'atath, wants to use it against N'Zoth to defeat him. Her deal with Queen Azshara was to bring the champions of the Alliance and the Horde to Nazjatar, and in Visions of N'Zoth, Azshara provides us with valuable information on how to defeat the God of the Deep.
      In World of Warcraft there are six planes (realms of existence). We are the "cunning ones" and it seems we only serve one master, which is death.

The cosmic forces, realms and denizens of the universe (Taken from WoWWiki)
      Other Patch 8.3 Content:
      Visions of N'Zoth Class Changes Visions of N'Zoth Development Notes New Forsaken Leadership in Patch 8.3 (Spoilers) Azshara's Bargain and the Key to Defeating N'Zoth (Spoilers) Allied Races & Pandaren Death Knight Textures Added on 8.3 PTR Official Mechagnomes & Vulpera Preview Vulpera Heritage Armor Preview Mechagnomes Heritage Armor Preview Mechagnome & Vulpera Dance Animations Corrupted Rings with Kiss/Curse Effects from Ny'alotha New Essences in Patch 8.3 Ny'alotha Plate Sets Preview Wrathion's Legendary Cloak Preview Alpaca Mounts in Patch 8.3 N'Zoth Serpent Mount in Patch 8.3 Aqir Flying Mount in Patch 8.3 Assaults in Patch 8.3 Vulpera Tidbits: Racial Mount, Shaman Totems, Hunter Pet N'Zoth's Model in Patch 8.3 Mechagnomes & Vulpera Unlock Requirements Ny'alotha Raid Boss Names & Descriptions Goblin & Worgen Heritage Armor Sets Preview Visions of N'Zoth Content Update Preview Ny'alotha Raid Testing: October 17th & 18th Here's an analysis of Il'gynoth's whispers who returns as a boss in Patch 8.3.
    • By Stan
      Next, we're checking out the sound files for Queen Azshara and Sylvanas. They both had a bargain and in Patch 8.3, Azshara has the key to defeating N'Zoth. Spoiler alert!
      Earlier today, we looked at sound files of multiple characters, containing spoilers on the future of the Forsaken and their leadership.
      The sound files for Queen Azshara hint at the bargain she had with Sylvanas. Azshara would make both fleets crash to the ocean floor (Nazjatar) in exchange for Xal'atath. We know how that ended when Sylvanas claimed the blade for herself...
      In Patch 8.3, Queen Azshara is tortured by Xanesh in Ny'alotha, the Waking City raid. We defeat the boss, and ultimately, she sides with us and reveals the key to defeating N'Zoth. We learn  that he is the weakest of his kin and the blade can be used to defeat him once and for all, which is how the raid is going to end.
      Queen Azshara
      Sylvanas
      Other Patch 8.3 Content:
      Visions of N'Zoth Class Changes Visions of N'Zoth Development Notes New Forsaken Leadership in Patch 8.3 (Spoilers) Allied Races & Pandaren Death Knight Textures Added on 8.3 PTR Official Mechagnomes & Vulpera Preview Vulpera Heritage Armor Preview Mechagnomes Heritage Armor Preview Mechagnome & Vulpera Dance Animations Corrupted Rings with Kiss/Curse Effects from Ny'alotha New Essences in Patch 8.3 Ny'alotha Plate Sets Preview Wrathion's Legendary Cloak Preview Alpaca Mounts in Patch 8.3 N'Zoth Serpent Mount in Patch 8.3 Aqir Flying Mount in Patch 8.3 Assaults in Patch 8.3 Vulpera Tidbits: Racial Mount, Shaman Totems, Hunter Pet N'Zoth's Model in Patch 8.3 Mechagnomes & Vulpera Unlock Requirements Ny'alotha Raid Boss Names & Descriptions Goblin & Worgen Heritage Armor Sets Preview Visions of N'Zoth Content Update Preview Ny'alotha Raid Testing: October 17th & 18th