Novax73

Combat Low DPS

Sign in to follow this  

7 posts in this topic

recently back to WOW, used my lvl 100 boost on my Combat rogue and my DPS is half of what it should be. My Item lvl is about 670. My single target is about 16K and my multi is around 21K. the DMG calculators say it should be between 29K-36K single and 34K-50K multi. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. i use instant poison and Toggle Blade Flurry when its a multi target event and of when single. I Use Anticipation over mark of death as i find it easier.

My rotation is start Ambush>Revealing strike>SnD

then i pop my cool downs normally in this order. Killing Spree, Shiv, vanish>ambush>Preparation>Vanish>Ambush>AR

Then SS>5X CP>Eviscerate till any cool down resets while keeping SnD, Revealing strike and Internal Bleeding from Kidney shot up as much as possible. 

I don't know what i am doing wrong, is it just being accustomed to the game? I've seen many videos on Rogue rotations and they don't do much more than me. 

I need help and have no idea whats wrong Please Help me.

Try holding some CPs (7 or 8) for right when you're going into your Red buff, you'll do somewhat more damage.

Also, providing logs is helpful for analysis.

Edited by lipsinch

Why are you using Shiv? It's a pointless skill for damage.

Bosses are immune to being stunned, and so are also immune to Kidney Shot's bleed. Do not use Kidney Shot, as it is wasted combo points

Don't use Vanish + Ambush until you get Deep Insight (red buff)

Your opener should look something like:

1. Ambush
  2. RvS
  3. SS to Shallow Insight (4x)
  4. Killing Spree
  5. Adrenaline Rush
  6. Eviscerate
  7. Spam SS & Evis to Deep Insight
  8. Vanish > Ambush > Prep > Vanish > Ambush

Your priority order should be this:

1. Maintain SnD
  2. Maintain RvS
  3. Dump combo points with Evis
  4. SS to build combo points

On a side note, MfD does provide a substantial damage boost as well.

MfD is Marked for Death, another talent option in the same tier as Anticipation.

Look for Bandit's Guile in your spellbook. Every 4 SS casts you go up an Insight level. Your insight starts at None, then Shallow (green), Moderate (yellow), and Deep (red)

As for logs, you can go to www.warcraftlogs.com and download their client (and register). Once you got it all settled up, you can go ingame, type /combatlog and start playing. Once you're done, type /combatlog again, go into your WoW folder, Logs folder, and it should be there.

Upload it with the client and tada. You got a log with analysis.

You also have live logging, but I never used it, so I can't talk about it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym

There's a brand new esports show on the official WoW youtube page, featuring Venruki and Bajheera, who will be taking a look at the untold stories of WoW esports! The first episode takes a look at the recent World of Warcraft Arena Championship in all regions and teases some of the upcoming BlizzCon PvP action!
    • By Stan

Level up your pets faster during the Pet Battle Bonus Event, show your prowess in Warsong Scramble and if you're an Enhancement Shaman, get the hidden Artifact appearance from Levantus.
      Mythic Keystone Affixes
      Sanguine Grievous Fortified PvP Brawl: Warsong Scramble (Aug 22 - 29)
      Warsong Gulch has always been the scene of an epic capture-the-flag battle, but what happens when you can capture your enemy’s flag without having your own at your base? Find out when you step into this PvP Brawl! We’ve also added a few more power-ups to the field of battle to stir things up a bit. To win, your team must be the first to capture five flags. (Source)
      Don't forget to complete the weekly quest "Something Different" to get Brawler's Footlocker, 3 Marks of Honor and Soldier's Legacy (AP token). Pet Battle Bonus Event (Aug 22 - 29)
      Sign of the Critter increases XP gained from Pet Battles by 200% for the duration of the event. Accept the quest The Very Best (Shift +J by default) or speak to Archmage Timear in Dalaran. Win 5 Pet Battles to get Ultimate Battle-Training Stone and instantly level up one of your pets to level 25. World Boss Levantus
      Search for the epic Terror of the Deep world quest in Azsuna.
      World Boss Loot Tables
      Fel-Scented Bait Hook-Fingered Gauntlets Chum-Chopper Gauntlets Krakentooth Necklace Ring of Deep Sea Pearls Seaweed "Leather" Mitts The Warmace of Shirvallah (Artifact appearance for Enhancement Shamans) Whirlpool Gloves
    • By Vlad
      This thread is for comments about our Maw of Souls Mythic+ dungeon guide.
    • By MarcHethrusWaters
      Maximum Effort is a new guild on Cenarion circle (A). I was the raid leader for my guild for a long time and we built up a strong raid team. Due to do some dis-agreements between me and the guild leader I was forced to leave. But luckly enough a lot of my team followed me! We're working to build a guild focused around team work and group progression. We love doing mythics, raids, talking and theory crafting about the game!
      We have a very strong-core raid group, capable of clearing heroic and doing some mythic but we're just missing a few people to round it out!
      Raid nights.. Tue/wed 6-830pm server (9:30-11:30 est) Off night Monday 6-830pm server (9-11:30 est)
      Looking for.. -Any and all dps specs -possibly a raid healer
      All raid mats and needs are covered by guild, we run personal look just for the ease of it.
      My btag is Hethrus#1504 if you have questions or wish to try out!
    • By Stan

Our returing player guide is stuffed with relevant information for players that haven't played WoW for a  while and they'd like to give it a go in 7.3.
      If you haven't played WoW for a while, we have a guide for you with all relevant information.
      The main goal of the guide is to keep it short and simple.
      General Tips
      In Patch 7.3, the 3rd relic slot will be unlocked immediately once you reach 110 and there's no need to complete individual campaigns all over again. (Source) You can forget about the Broken Shore content. Artifact Knowledge is now shared. All player start at AK Level 41 and will automatically gain 1 AK Level per week. Only one new Legendary item is added in 7.3. Any player that defeats Argus the Unmaker can get Insignia of the Grand Army. It's rewarded from the quest called The Death of a Titan. More details about the Netherlight Crucible can be found here. Two new factions are added in Patch 7.3: Argussian Reach & Army of the Light, both having new emissary quests. A new Heirloom with an interesting affix was added to the game.  Man'ari Training Amulet. Sacrifice 10% HP to gain 40% increased movement speed for 10 seconds. There are no plans to enable Draenor flying for those that haven't unlocked Draenor Pathfinder. Patch 7.3 Content Rollout
      Not all 7.3 content will be available on day 1.From the latest developer Q/A, the content rollout should look like this:
      Week 1
      Krokuun and the first two chapters of the Argus story will unlock.   Players will be able to unlock Krokuun World Quests. Week 2
      The second Argus zone Mac'Aree will become available and with it the third and fourth chapter of the Argus story. Once you progress through those chapters, you will gain access to Mac'aree World Quests, Kil'jaeden's Terrace World Quests and Western Mac'Aree World Quests. Invasion Points will also open. Week 3
      The last week marks the opening of Argus's last zone, Antoran Wastes. Players will gain access to Antoran Wastes World Quests, the Netherlight Crucible and the new dungeon - Seat of the Triumvirate. All you need to know at this point is that Argus has three zones and once you finish the story in each zone, you will gain access to world quests.
      Reputation Catch-up
      We datamined two Bind-to-Account items related to reputation catch-up with Broken Isles & Argus factions. Sources remain unknown for now. Nathrezim Tome of Manipulation increases rep gains with Broken Isles factions by 200% for 2 hours. The item's intended for alts and doesn't work past level 109. Demon's Soulstone can only be used on Argus and the item increases your reputation standing by 1,000 with all factions. It's good for catching up reputation with the Nightfallen. Gear Catch-up
      New Relinquished items are being added in 7.3 with a base item level of 910. (Source) All items can be purchased for 650 Veiled Argunite (a new currency from Argus World Quests). Crafted 7.3 gear is of ilvl 885 and can be upgraded with Primal Sargerite via Primal Obliterum up to item level 935. Old crafted gear can't be upgraded past 900. You can disenchant it into Chaos Crystal. There's a new shoulder enchant on Argus that will help you farm Primal Sargerite. More information can be found here. Dungeons have had their ilvl increased by 20 item levels on every difficulty. Normal: ilvl 845 (was 825) Heroic: ilvl 865 (was 845) Mythic: ilvl 885 (was 865) World Quest rewards scale up to item level 895. (Source) With the introduction of the Netherlight Crucible, you can now target specific relic types. Antorus the Burning Throne
      The raid won't open immediately with 7.3, but at a later point (probably in Patch 7.3.5). Once Antorus opens, Legendary items will have a base item level of 1,000. (Source) For more information about Patch 7.3, check out our Argus hub.