Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Novax73

Combat Low DPS

7 posts in this topic

recently back to WOW, used my lvl 100 boost on my Combat rogue and my DPS is half of what it should be. My Item lvl is about 670. My single target is about 16K and my multi is around 21K. the DMG calculators say it should be between 29K-36K single and 34K-50K multi. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. i use instant poison and Toggle Blade Flurry when its a multi target event and of when single. I Use Anticipation over mark of death as i find it easier.

My rotation is start Ambush>Revealing strike>SnD

then i pop my cool downs normally in this order. Killing Spree, Shiv, vanish>ambush>Preparation>Vanish>Ambush>AR

Then SS>5X CP>Eviscerate till any cool down resets while keeping SnD, Revealing strike and Internal Bleeding from Kidney shot up as much as possible. 

I don't know what i am doing wrong, is it just being accustomed to the game? I've seen many videos on Rogue rotations and they don't do much more than me. 

I need help and have no idea whats wrong Please Help me.

Try holding some CPs (7 or 8) for right when you're going into your Red buff, you'll do somewhat more damage.

Also, providing logs is helpful for analysis.

Edited by lipsinch

Why are you using Shiv? It's a pointless skill for damage.

Bosses are immune to being stunned, and so are also immune to Kidney Shot's bleed. Do not use Kidney Shot, as it is wasted combo points

Don't use Vanish + Ambush until you get Deep Insight (red buff)

Your opener should look something like:

1. Ambush
  2. RvS
  3. SS to Shallow Insight (4x)
  4. Killing Spree
  5. Adrenaline Rush
  6. Eviscerate
  7. Spam SS & Evis to Deep Insight
  8. Vanish > Ambush > Prep > Vanish > Ambush

Your priority order should be this:

1. Maintain SnD
  2. Maintain RvS
  3. Dump combo points with Evis
  4. SS to build combo points

On a side note, MfD does provide a substantial damage boost as well.

ok great thanks for the tips, few things

1) how would i get logs to provide

2) what is MfD? still not 100% on the acronims

MfD is Marked for Death, another talent option in the same tier as Anticipation.

Look for Bandit's Guile in your spellbook. Every 4 SS casts you go up an Insight level. Your insight starts at None, then Shallow (green), Moderate (yellow), and Deep (red)

As for logs, you can go to www.warcraftlogs.com and download their client (and register). Once you got it all settled up, you can go ingame, type /combatlog and start playing. Once you're done, type /combatlog again, go into your WoW folder, Logs folder, and it should be there.

Upload it with the client and tada. You got a log with analysis.

You also have live logging, but I never used it, so I can't talk about it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan

Death Knights are getting a mount with an awesome /mountspecial! Available in three tints: red for Blood, blue for Frost and green for Unholy. Deathlord's Vilebrood Vanquisher is unlocked after completing The Lost Glacier scenario.
      The Death Knight is wearing Normal difficulty Tier 20 Set from Tomb of Sargeras.
    • By Stan

With an average item level of 900, Shootzy managed to solo Archimonde in Mythic difficulty. According to the video description, he wiped 92 times before he got the kill.
      Equipped Legendary Items
      Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus Roots of Shaladrassil We're likely going to see more soloing videos of past raids in the future given the rising item level throughout Legion. I'm not entirely certain whether this was a world first, but congratulations!
    • By Stan

Next up is the Paladin Class Mount - Highlord's Charger. It comes in four different color variations.
      You'll get Highlord's Golden Charger by completing Stirring in the Shadows. Despite Paladins having 3 specs, the class has four color variation of their mount.
      Highlord's Valorous Charger Highlord's Vengeful Charger Highlord's Vigilant Charger Additional tints have Crusader Lord Dalfors listed as source.
      We've also included a short preview of the Normal difficulty Tier 20 Paladin Set.
    • By Ririxia
      ABOUT US
      We Tried is a mythic progression raiding guild formed by an ambitious raid leader seeking like minded, progression oriented players who would work together towards clearing the latest content while it is still considered relevant. After suffering some roster issues, We Tried merged with Procrastination in late December 2016 and together we have fully cleared Emerald Nightmare Mythic within just two weeks.
      OUR PAST ACCOMPLISHMENTS & FUTURE GOALS
      Although we have since slowed down, we are proud ourselves of holding the realm 27th Nythendra Mythic and 24th Elerathe Renferal Mythic kills.
      Today we are actively working towards forming a raid team that would be able to attain our previous glory and compete on a realm wide level.
      CURRENTLY RECRUITING
      Frost DK
      BM/MM Hunter
      Retri Paladin
      Shadow Priest
      Elemental & Resto Shaman
      Arms/Fury Warrior
      *Applications from exceptional players will always be considered regardless of recruitment status*
      RAID TIMES
      Wednesday 20.30 - 23.00
      Thursday 20.00 - 23.00
      Sunday 20.00 - 23.00
      IDEAL RECRUIT
      Our ideal recruits are players who are passionate about the game and about progress. Each raider is expected to do whatever they can to improve their skills outside of the raiding environment and pull their own weight within the raid.
      We are looking for mythic ready players who, without fail, know the tactics for every boss prior to entering the instance; have solid knowledge of their class and continuously strive to improve themselves; have a near 100% attendance rating; are prepared to wipe often on progression nights and can not only take the constructive criticism that comes their way but are also able to give constructive criticism back, as well as share new ideas and approaches relevant to the content we are clearing at the time.
      CONTACT & INFO
      If you have any questions or concerns you're welcome to contact me in game (Ririxia#2172) or on Discord (Ririxia#1469). You can find more info about our guild, guidelines, raiding policies, trials and the loot system, as well as apply on our website - http://we-tried.enjin.com
    • By Stan

Armies of Legionfall is a new faction introduced in Patch 7.2. When you log in once Patch 7.2 goes live, Khadgar will be waiting for you to in Dalaran and he will lead the assault on the Broken Shore. The scenario is an introduction to Armies of Legionfall faction and completing it unlocks new World Quests and other quests that unlock new Artifact traits and more.
      In our earlier preview, we've taken a closer loot at it, but since there were so many screenshots, we've made a video. Keep in mind that reaching Exalted with Armies of Legionfall is required to unlock account-wide Legion flying (Legionfall Commander).
      The video below contains spoilers, proceed at your own risk!
      Want to try it out yourself? Head over to PTR and copy your character!