FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Jenaye

Quick Gear Question

I (finally) got my body token, but it's raid finder, as my guild hasn't dropped Empress yet. I automatically assumed it would be priority to gem/forge/enchant this and wear it for 4-piece due to it being, well, OP, but I've heard some locks in various places suggest I should stick with a higher ilvl body piece. What would you all suggest?

Gem/forge/chant it. Wear it and love it. Then get ready to have to decide if you need to drop it for t15 bonuses in 5.2...

I think the only chest that's close to the LFR t14 chest is the heroic lei shi chest, but the 4pc bonus still wins.

• Like 1

Exactly what Cruzan said. Your 4pc gives you a shorter CD on Bloodlust...what's not to love?

That's what I figured, and that was exactly what our enh shammy feared. He tries to keep up with me and is usually pretty close behind, and he already has his 4 set; the last thing he wants is for me to have my own bloodlust every 80 seconds, lol.

Oh, and Zagam, I got my staff upgraded fully; haste is through the roof, but my mastery is a bit low now. Should I forge out of some of the haste I have forged elsewhere to even it out, or at least, raise it up more? I'm sitting at around 5700 haste, but my mastery is, well, nowhere close.

Reforge out of Crit anywhere you can. I usually use this to achieve Hit cap. Make sure all of your Gems involve Mastery (either pure Mastery, Mastery/Hit or Mastery/Int.) After that, just do what you can to make Haste be close to Mastery.

i changed my offspec to demo to start getting used to playing it and noticed that for some reason, my mastery is higher as demo than it is as affliction, with no changes to gear. Color me confused, but whatever. Ran some dungeons to get used to the rotation, and I'm not too far behind affli. That being said, I used all of the crit to get closer to hit. Now, as long as I'm not near a haste breakpoint, it's okay to nerf haste to raise mastery since stacking haste without hitting a break is pointless, whereas mastery will always help, correct?

There is no way your Mastery is higher as Demo than Affliction. My paper doll Mastery as Affliction is 62% and 20% as Demonology. That said, haste thresholds are not important for Demo because Touch of Chaos automatically updates Corruption. It might be worthy to get an additional tick of Doom, but I'm unsure (haven't looked at Demo extensively yet).