FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

Warlock 5.2 DPS Attunements and new Simulated DPS

My favorite Demonology time was Heroic Halfus progression. This is how this one came down...

me to Hunter - you get that drake

me to Tank 1 - you get that drake and this drake

me to Tank 2 - you get Halfus

Me - I GOT DEM WHELPS

Other DPS - want us to AoE whelps?

Me - NO!

Other DPS - ok, geez...you didn't need to yell at us...

Me - my precious...

Fight starts...Whelps are released. They turn red. I turn giant and purple. Hand of Guldan, Demon Soul: Felguard, Felstorm, Metamorphosis, Immolation Aura, Summon Infernal, Shadowflame, Hellfire...125k DPS

That fight at the beginning was AWESOME. Soulburning a Felpuppy out to get on Halfus with a 500% damage taken debuff and using Soulfire executes...oh man did we hit hard.

lol, when I ran through there on my rogue, our tanks asked if we needed any assistance with the whelps. The response from both me and the lock was pretty much "GET THE FUCK AWAY, WE GOT THIS"... such bliss

My next struggle will be to find the best balance for people who will be Affliction/Demonology. Demonology goes Crit = Mastery >>> Haste while Affliction is Haste = Mastery >>> Crit. It's pretty obvious to keep Mastery high in both spec's reforgings...but these Warlocks that bounce back and forth may have to legit grab gear for off-spec to be really effective.

Maybe Haste increase your stats weight for affli 'cause the RPPM system of trinkets and maybe 'cause Soulfire was greatly buffed than others spells, crit will raise a little.

I think, with the RPPM system, Haste will go up for all three specs for better trinket uptime. I love Haste but might have to forget about it with Demo since a majority of its casts are instant and don't require Haste. I think Destruction will really enjoy a heavy Haste build with Grim of Supremacy, but that testing will happen soon enough so that I don't make predictions.

Announced in a blue post...all the damage modifiers are not the only buff...they're also buffing the scaling with spell power...meaning the buffs will be even larger than previously thought. This might take the secondary stat theory out of whack and make gemming pure Intellect the way to go again.

Er......mer........geeerd....

So glad to be going Demo. Also, I get to take advantage of green fire. Yay!

Secretly... I think Blizz's whole purpose of buffing these two specs this patch is so that we actually *can* see some green fire use. =D

• Like 1

Completely agreed. Might bring Destro up more. I'm at work, so I can't find these...any chance you can dig the formulas for Incinerate, Immolate, Conflagrate, Shadowbolt, Hand of Guldan, Shadowflame, Soul Fire, and Touch of Chaos for me so I can do some end of the week theorycrafting and update my numbers?

Is there a site you're locked out from that you use to find this information? I'm not familiar with optimal sources and google likes to puke out shit that's over 3 years old. =P

I can't see wowhead, wowdb, or anything like that. I think wowdb has the best formulas. I might be able to see it on ptr website...work doesn't block ptr.wowhead.com, just wowhead.com hahaha

Incinerate - [ 1,496 + 140% of Spell Power ]

Conflagrate - [ 1,602 + 150% of Spell Power ]

Immolate - Instant: [ 396 + 37.1% of Spell Power ] DoT portion: [ 1,980 + 37.1% of Spell Power ] over 15 seconds.

Shadow Bolt - [ 1,282 + 120% of Spell Power ]

Hand of Gul'Dan - [ 534 + 50% of Spell Power + 2% of AP ]

Shadowflame - [ 876 + 13.7% of Spell Power ] over 6 seconds.

Soul Fire - [ 748 + 70% of Spell Power ]

Touch of Chaos - [ 712 + 66.6% of Spell Power ]

There ya be. Taken from the live version of wowdb.

• Like 1

Ah, I can see them. Posting here for reference...

Incinerate = 1421-1570 + 140% of Spell Power

Immolate = ? no info given

Conflagrate = 1523-1682 + 150% of Spell Power

Soul Fire = 672-822 + 70% of Spell Power (always crits)

Touch of Chaos = 676-746 + 66.6% of Spell Power

Hand of Gul'dan = 534 + 50% of Spell Power

Shadowflame = 876 + 13.4% of Spell Power over 6 sec

Shadowbolt = 1282 + 120% of Spell Power

Very nice...we got the same numbers. Now I'm curious if the +% scaling is whole or percentage based...can't really confirm either way. For example, the 10% buff to Incinerate would either be...

1) 1496 + 140% SP --> 1646 + 150%

2) 1496 + 140% SP --> 1646 + 154%

This would have implications either way, especially for Demo. My bet is it that actual scaling number is augmented (Option 2) so the Destruction and Demonology buffs will be larger than I simulated. Let's hope this makes it to live....

I noticed a lack of wild imps buff on the most recent update, do you reckon the scaling will still make demo as strong without that? was kinda looking forward to the imp buff :<

Edited by Cthuulhu

I noticed a lack of wild imps buff on the most recent update, do you reckon the scaling will still make demo as strong without that? was kinda looking forward to the imp buff :<

You're right, that definitely didn't make it through. Maybe that's just an error....

Zagam, here's the information for that ability.

Firebolt: [ 969 + 90.7% of Spell Power ]

That seems a bit much though, but that's what wowdb is saying.

That seems...insane, but then again, Wild Imp: Firebolt is always in my top 3...let me dig out an OOOOOLLLLD Demo parse...

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/c82he1nf0au6lq29/sum/damageDone/?s=2421&e=2747#Zagam

Wow, still ranked #23 even though that is from January 3. I think I was just trying it out, too.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/c82he1nf0au6lq29/details/130/?s=2421&e=2747

My imps are hitting for about 13.9k (14k for rounding purposes) way back then...probably around 15-16% mastery and definitely over 20k spell power. With that formula, it's saying it shoulda been hitting for 19k at least...seems fishy. If that's the new PTR formula, HOLY HELL WOOOOO lol

Now that I think about it, if that 's the nwe Wild Imps formula, then the other formulas are probably updated as well. I'm not touching anything til things calm down.

Hey guys. I'm recently back in WoW from a long break. Quit early in Firelands. I've raided Demo since beginning of Wrath, but Blizzard has made some huge changes!

I see even more in the way. I'm fine with this, and I'm still doing respectable DPS, but I'm always looking to be better.

That being said I've seen that stat weights for demo put hate way behind crit/mastery. However, I also see a lot if calculations that have 4717 haste while saying that.

I just want to confirm I should be pushing for that haste breakpoint of 4717 before pushing crit/mastery?

I'm excited about these 5.2 buffs, though!

I'll be testing haste thresholds this weekend. I'm going to be running LFR as Demonology and get a feel for how things are...then drool at how much better they will be in a few days. I'll keep you posted.

damn zagam ur getting me really excited for this patch and its still 2 week i just wanna go demo now hehe. Green fire + demo/destro buffs + cool looking raid? WoW is feeling pretty good right now.

Hoping you do more simming + BiS stuff closer to live, really enjoying reading urs and others theorycrafting etc

also whats the best way to do reforging as demo at the moment? I'm trying to find a decent idea of how to go crit and when to go mastery but either the icy veins says put all about the same aswell as haste or reforgelite tries to put everything as crit. i have 490ilvl and i can hit the 4717 haste breakpoint as affliction.

Edited by Cthuulhu

damn zagam ur getting me really excited for this patch and its still 2 week i just wanna go demo now hehe. Green fire + demo/destro buffs + cool looking raid? WoW is feeling pretty good right now.

Hoping you do more simming + BiS stuff closer to live, really enjoying reading urs and others theorycrafting etc

also whats the best way to do reforging as demo at the moment? I'm trying to find a decent idea of how to go crit and when to go mastery but either the icy veins says put all about the same aswell as haste or reforgelite tries to put everything as crit. i have 490ilvl and i can hit the 4717 haste breakpoint as affliction.

All the secondaries are currently pretty close. I'd just let Zagam do his thing and find out. =)

Also Zagam, the most recent PTR changes didn't put the Shadowflame portion of HoG through. May want to see if that's actually the case.

Honestly, it felt too OP to see all those buffs. Shadowflame wouldn't really contribute much to single target, but a 15% buff to Shadowflame would be a lot. I was doing 500k+ on trash. Anyways, for analysis sake, here are my logs of first half of MSV and HoF in LFR. I'm going to try to get into some other crap tonight, so I'll keep things update. Long story short...Demo is really fun and isn't that bad. Stat reforging is still Haste = Mastery because Crit scaling is garbage and none of my gear has it.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/p038wnu394puyr3a/

I expect a Hand of Guldan/Chaos Wave revert on demo tough, they clearly do not want to have that much burst and thats why they nerf it back then, i guess the chaos wave part will be removed. On Destro the reason behind nerfing sacrifice was mostly pvp chaos bolts doing to much on rbgs specially, moving the damage to incinerate/immo seems good for both ends