FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Soultrain

Loot Award Systems

I would just like to get some input on different ways to award loot in raids, such as EPGP, loot council, and such... The guild I an in now runs with EPGP, which seems pretty good. Seems like a fair way to award those who show up on time and raid often while still allowing new raiders to get gear. The addons do seem to get buggy and not work sometimes. I've also raided with the classic loot master /roll system. I'm not a huge fan of that as their is no reward system for being on time or putting extra time in and raiding more often and it adds a bug break after bosses to get gear out.

Im hoping to branch out and start a new raiding guild and would just like to get some pros and cons of different systems and how they work eg. Through addons or manual tracking or anything else.

epgp is meant for 25 man so for 10man is sorta weird

but it doesnt have too many bugs though, your raid leader probably just doesnt know how to use it properly (no offence)

DKP is bad in the sense that new raiders cant get gear at all for a couple of weeks

(unless that guild has some sort of system where you can donate stuff to get DKP, then you would be spending money on gear essentially)

When I ran my 10 man, we used a 'for the better of the group' Master Loot system. Basically I assessed current gear, optimal stats, tier bonuses, and DPS/Healing upgrades in deciding who would get a piece of loot. Drama was prevented because 1) diverse 10 man group usually doesn't have conflicts on gear and 2) everyone knew the group as a whole would get better faster.

That's not applicable in 25s typically. The group I'm in now runs a Silent Bid DKP. Basically you earn DKP every day you raid. When an item drops you want, you bid to the master looter any amount of DKP you want. Highest bidder gets the item. This allows you to keep more than 25 raiders on a roster capable of flexing in and out to help the group so long as you reward them DKP for waiting on standby.

Yeah I'd be hoping to start a 10 man group. My group uses the EPGP system we end up ignoring it anyway and rotating gear around to who needs it most. From what you are saying about DKP id probably avoid it seeing as how people may end up being swapped around in a fresh group to see what works best. I've heard about loot council but I don't know why it is, a lit of my group says they like it.

For the most part the loot systems are tunes for 25 man guilds? Is that what I'm getting?

The system I like when raiding with a group is was basically mainspec before offspec but if you already won a main spec you rolls were conscidered offspec. It gave people the opportunity to let a little luck for an upgrade if more than one person needed for mainspec and if other people could use as well they had a chance too later on. Just because someone has come in as a tank or healer doesn't mean they ALWAYS want to fulfill that role and vice versa.

Often you will find that people are willing to help out newer people and give up gear that would be an upgrade just to help out anyways but at least they don't have to hand over everything to the newest guy in the group every time either.

When I ran my 10 man, we used a 'for the better of the group' Master Loot system.

That's not applicable in 25s typically. The group I'm in now runs a Silent Bid DKP. Basically you earn DKP every day you raid. When an item drops you want, you bid to the master looter any amount of DKP you want. Highest bidder gets the item. This allows you to keep more than 25 raiders on a roster capable of flexing in and out to help the group so long as you reward them DKP for waiting on standby.

My 25-man raid uses a loot council to distribute loot. There are 5 people in the council. Every item gets linked in chat and if you want it, you link the item you want to replace. You also have to note whether it gives you your 2 or 4 set bonus, whether it's BiS or not... The loot council then has 1-2-3 rounds of votes to see who they want to give it to (in a private council chat room). They always keep in mind the current progress: for example:

early on tanks had the highest priority because we thought that gearing them would make fights a lot easier.

Then when we had issues with enrage so most loot got funnelled to the DPS, trying to complete 4 sets for some overpowered classes as quickly as possible.

And so on and so forth.

I believe it is a pretty great loot system as long as it is 'for the better of the group'. When the council starts giving loot to people, just because they like them over someone else, then something is wrong.

This also accounts for people who are always late or skip raids without a notice. Since giving too much loot to them would be a disadvantage they will generally get less loot then other people.

The only downside to this is being a healer, as a healer we don't really get any loot priority, and we don't get too much loot because the healing is generally pretty good. for example: in about 8 Amber-Shaper Unsok heroic kills, this ring inv_jewelry_ring_147.jpgSeal of the Profane dropped once and was given to a warlock because it was appearantly BiS for him due to the lack of rings in the current tier.

My previous guild had a similar DKP system as the Zagams guild, and even tho I didn't really like it, if it is done right it is a really fair system.