FORUMS
Damien

Arachyr Firebats Witch Doctor

Soooo, in your last update, you somehow have Hex for the first skill under solo progression in the table.  Shouldn't that be Wall of Death to take advantage of the 6-piece set bonus for the Helltooth set?  Otherwise this build has no way of proccing it.  You mention taking Wall of Death with Consuming with Spirits further down in the first paragraph beneath the table, but in the table itself it says Hex with Jinx in the Solo Progression verion, so I think this was just an oversight when updating it for Season 9 with regards to the soloing variation.

7 hours ago, ScrublordWD said:

Soooo, in your last update, you somehow have Hex for the first skill under solo progression in the table.  Shouldn't that be Wall of Death to take advantage of the 6-piece set bonus for the Helltooth set?  Otherwise this build has no way of proccing it. 

He also updated the guide the day before patch no longer listing the helltooth set as optional so I think he meant to take out it completely from the guide. Arachyr is more than enough to solo right now.

Just wanted to drop by and give my 2 cents after the first weekend of the buffed Arachyr both in 4-man and Solo.

We went pretty hard and after day 2 I was paragon 630 and we took #1 4-man being the first to grab GR53 and I was using this Arachyr build basically as soon as I could.

My entire journey was completed after 24hours which means I could solo GR70 with this build and I didn't even have that great set of items. Only 1 item was augmented and gems were rank 70 (Trapped, Stricken, Powerful). I definitly feel this build won't have any problems pushing up GR90 past 1k paragons and well rolled ancients+augmented items so if you want something that works for both solo and group you won't be disappointed!

The only "bad" part is when you go lower while having sub-optimal gear since if you swap to angry chicken too soon your dmg will be crap above T13 and your normal build won't have time to deal it's dmg before your group kills them but this is barely worth mentioning since it's not relevant for progression :)

On 1/11/2017 at 4:23 AM, Arkpit said:

He also updated the guide the day before patch no longer listing the helltooth set as optional so I think he meant to take out it completely from the guide. Arachyr is more than enough to solo right now.

Ah, I see that would make sense. I hope he updates it to make that more clear, because it is kind of confusing in its current form, at least for me.  Thanks for that!  Really helped me understand what might have happened haha.

4 hours ago, ScrublordWD said:

Ah, I see that would make sense. I hope he updates it to make that more clear, because it is kind of confusing in its current form, at least for me.  Thanks for that!  Really helped me understand what might have happened haha.

Calling @Deadset to the editing board! ;)

Might be an idea actually if this was the plan. The Arachyr seems to be great for soloing as well right now so don't see the need to have the small addition of the damage reduction from Wall of Death.

I'm assuming the entire reason for Helltooth option was to grant you the extra 25% dmg reduction from the spirit rune of Wall of Death and it very well might be the better option still when it comes to Hardcore play but the LoH on the cubed coil is really solid for Softcore solo play it seems and the 800% dmg buff to the set makes quicker work of the enemies!

I believe the inclusion of the Helltooth for Solo is simply because it is far easier to maintain the damage reduction buff while moving, due to the fact that is stems from primary damage dealers rather than hex. You're less likely to have a huge amount of stacked mobs when playing solo, as opposed to in a group with a pull monk/barb supp.

So I have been having a very good time with this build and just got a quick question in regards to a roll on the Traveler's Pledge: 

I got an Ancient one rolled with high CHC and CHD as well as Int and a bad stat to be re-rolled and now I've got to choose between a Socket and Fire%. In the guide it says Fire% is most important but is it really more important than having a gem socketed? It's hard for me to imagine this, and I can't seem to get the fire% to give me much of a difference in-game as to see just how much better it is compared to CHC in terms of my dps.

I really don't wanna roll for one again, as I only have so much time to spend with D3 and just wanted to see as to how much it will cripple me long-term to not have a fire% on my amulet :)

Thanks a lot and have a great month!

Vya

Edited by Vya

14 hours ago, Vya said:

I really don't wanna roll for one again, as I only have so much time to spend with D3 and just wanted to see as to how much it will cripple me long-term to not have a fire% on my amulet :)

This is kinda complicated, but I'll do my best to keep it simple.

Technically, Elemental damage is probably better than socket in many situations. It is a flat buff to your main damage skills, it doesn't rely on anything else to buff/create the increase and it is always present. On the other hand, it is weaker than some gems (especially at higher gem levels), it can't be changed past a certain point (gems can be upgraded), it does nothing for toughness (defensive gems can be swapped in), and gems often have secondary effects that further amplify their power.

Basically, you need to choose based on what gem you're looking to put in, what level it is, etc. Most of the time, I would take socket at this point, though. In an ideal world, intellect is that stat that you roll off but that's obviously not possible here.

• Like 1

This build is so squishy. I would said Helltooth>Jade>Arachyr for speed farming. The pushing build for Arachyr is squishy too but still manageable with Firebat LPH and channelling defensive mechanics. Has anyone actually manage to speed farming T13 with Arachyr?

8 hours ago, Neogeo said:

This build is so squishy. I would said Helltooth>Jade>Arachyr for speed farming. The pushing build for Arachyr is squishy too but still manageable with Firebat LPH and channelling defensive mechanics. Has anyone actually manage to speed farming T13 with Arachyr?

Yes and no. I played Arachyr S9 and as long as you keep your dmg reduction up it's not that bad at all. I was soloing GR70 after 2 days with 630paragon without any augments and my weapon was not even ancient.

However, specifically talking speedfarming there is no point at all to speed T13, personally I've always felt it's much more worth your time to speedfarm T11 in terms of gained items over time. 

When you want to speedfarm, consider what you are after, is it GR keys? DBs? Because T11 gives 2 GR keys while T13 only provides a 25% chance to get a 3rd and DB wise you have 90% chance for a second while the T13 got again, 25% for a 3rd. So farming over time, the reduced speed through T11 always feels more worth than T13 so no need to push it if T13 feels rough.

18 hours ago, Guest Varix said:

Should I use this build with WD - Monk duo?

In short, yes!

The why however is that if we look at your options, they are lacking more than the Arachyr is great.

Helltooth?
I've tried, I really have but playing solo is painful enough with AI and imagin that the gargantuans will be hitting something else most of the time while you and the monk tries to take a group out? I know you reposition gargs but it's a looooong CD and you would like to do it every 10 seconds to be fair...

Jade?
There isn't much group for Jade sadly and the reason is that every time your group kills stuff before you, you lose the Grave Injustice resets and Jade is heavily dependant on getting a full reset before moving on to the next target.

Zinumassa/Poison Darts?
This one works well in groups honestly but compared to Arachyr it falls short in dmg overall.

So it falls to Arachyr to be a solid damage dealer while not being dependant on resets or cooldowns which makes you relevant in any situation playing both solo and with others. There is a short ramp-up time to do your full dmg but other than that it's a solid group build!

@Blainie

Just a thought but it feels misleading that this particular forumpost have the headline "Speedfarming with Angry Chicken" when the guide is mostly about and the only place to discuss the Arachyr Firebats build :)

13 minutes ago, Arkpit said:

Yes and no. I played Arachyr S9 and as long as you keep your dmg reduction up it's not that bad at all. I was soloing GR70 after 2 days with 630paragon without any augments and my weapon was not even ancient.

However, specifically talking speedfarming there is no point at all to speed T13, personally I've always felt it's much more worth your time to speedfarm T11 in terms of gained items over time. 

When you want to speedfarm, consider what you are after, is it GR keys? DBs? Because T11 gives 2 GR keys while T13 only provides a 25% chance to get a 3rd and DB wise you have 90% chance for a second while the T13 got again, 25% for a 3rd. So farming over time, the reduced speed through T11 always feels more worth than T13 so no need to push it if T13 feels rough.

I don't solo and never solo. Solo make me bored. It doesn't help the majority player either play T10 or T13. I can't change the mindset of the mass. The conclusion based on my experience with all 3 build. If you rarely died with Arachyr, I bet you will survive even better with Helltooth and Jade. As I said, the speed build sacrificed a lot toughness items/skills, e.g. No Sacred Harvester, Vile Hive/Henri, Pirahan. All of these contribute to the loss of toughness. Helltooth and Jade speed build suffer less of those. 

27 minutes ago, Neogeo said:

I don't solo and never solo. Solo make me bored. It doesn't help the majority player either play T10 or T13. I can't change the mindset of the mass. The conclusion based on my experience with all 3 build. If you rarely died with Arachyr, I bet you will survive even better with Helltooth and Jade. As I said, the speed build sacrificed a lot toughness items/skills, e.g. No Sacred Harvester, Vile Hive/Henri, Pirahan. All of these contribute to the loss of toughness. Helltooth and Jade speed build suffer less of those. 

Helltooth will honestly always be #1 for just raw power and survivability no matter what you do but for me personally I can't stand the incredibly bad AI of the gargantuans a lot of times just standing there after you re-summon and won't move until you go to a range where they need to follow.

Jade I feel is slower on the kills while speedfarming since you want to apply the dots and while I was running Arachyr I felt the chicken explosion + Firebats was more than enough.

The case with any version of "Angry Chicken" is that you really need to be overgeared to farm anything above T11 and most guides that say you can easily speedfarm with chicken assume you are paragon 1000 and gems at 70+ which most of the time just isn't the case for most regular players, certainly not for people like me that plays hardcore :)

10 hours ago, UpsetDroid said:

Random question. If I'm speed farming with Wormwood, I now auto apply Locus Swam, what skill should I replace it with?

If you are not using the Vile Hive in your cube I would recommend that you keep the Locust skill but change the rune to Pestilence so you get the extra spread, otherwise just Wormwood is pretty slow to be useful.

You would be better off having Sacred Harvester or Furnace however for speedfarming depending on the need for survivability or extra dmg.

• Like 1

On 23/01/2017 at 9:18 PM, Arkpit said:

Helltooth will honestly always be #1 for just raw power and survivability no matter what you do but for me personally I can't stand the incredibly bad AI of the gargantuans a lot of times just standing there after you re-summon and won't move until you go to a range where they need to follow.

Jade I feel is slower on the kills while speedfarming since you want to apply the dots and while I was running Arachyr I felt the chicken explosion + Firebats was more than enough.

The case with any version of "Angry Chicken" is that you really need to be overgeared to farm anything above T11 and most guides that say you can easily speedfarm with chicken assume you are paragon 1000 and gems at 70+ which most of the time just isn't the case for most regular players, certainly not for people like me that plays hardcore :)

Hex explosion damage barely put a dent on elite pack in T13 public match. You need Firebat. Sadly, Angry Chicken is mostly useful for moving around nowadays. I can farm T13 just fine with Helltooth and to some extend Jade. Helltooth or Jade probably not as fast as monk or wizard in public match but it's tolerable. Arachyr is just disaster for me. 

On 16/01/2017 at 1:44 PM, Blainie said:

This is kinda complicated, but I'll do my best to keep it simple.

Technically, Elemental damage is probably better than socket in many situations. It is a flat buff to your main damage skills, it doesn't rely on anything else to buff/create the increase and it is always present. On the other hand, it is weaker than some gems (especially at higher gem levels), it can't be changed past a certain point (gems can be upgraded), it does nothing for toughness (defensive gems can be swapped in), and gems often have secondary effects that further amplify their power.

Basically, you need to choose based on what gem you're looking to put in, what level it is, etc. Most of the time, I would take socket at this point, though. In an ideal world, intellect is that stat that you roll off but that's obviously not possible here.

Sorry for the super late reply but thanks again for clarifying this properly :)

I can't believe it took me this long to figure out how to speed run Arachyr Chicken. For those who keep dying with Manajuma, cast SW-Jaunt first and then followed by the rest of the setup. Start channeling before SW ended and you're golden. The build is quite resilient when you start channeling.

20 hours ago, Neogeo said:

I can't believe it took me this long to figure out how to speed run Arachyr Chicken. For those who keep dying with Manajuma, cast SW-Jaunt first and then followed by the rest of the setup. Start channeling before SW ended and you're golden. The build is quite resilient when you start channeling.

Uhh yeah, I mean, I don't want to sound mean or anything but this very thread have gone through this issue and explained how to survive with the build in this manner at least 2 times.

You are however very much on the right track in your finding! This build can't walk up to things, you will die, this is how it's always been. You SW into things and start your rotation before it ends and you'll have to go very high up before you run into issues (Ofc still depending on your grp setup!)

11 hours ago, Arkpit said:

Uhh yeah, I mean, I don't want to sound mean or anything but this very thread have gone through this issue and explained how to survive with the build in this manner at least 2 times.

You are however very much on the right track in your finding! This build can't walk up to things, you will die, this is how it's always been. You SW into things and start your rotation before it ends and you'll have to go very high up before you run into issues (Ofc still depending on your grp setup!)

Actually, I Chicken bump into elite pack and only then start SW. You can't SW in Chicken form. Casting SW before Chicken is useless as it only last 3 seconds. By the time that I bump into elite pack, SW was already over. Some more it may potentially put SW on CD when I need it. So no, I don't SW into elite pack. 

20 hours ago, Neogeo said:

Actually, I Chicken bump into elite pack and only then start SW. You can't SW in Chicken form. Casting SW before Chicken is useless as it only last 3 seconds. By the time that I bump into elite pack, SW was already over. Some more it may potentially put SW on CD when I need it. So no, I don't SW into elite pack. 

Yeah with chicken you won't be much in SW, sorry for engages with Firebat I still kinda think about how to do it without the speedrunning part ^^ As long as things don't die before the SW is over because of the GI reset but again though, chicken will basically always be ready to go again.

I feel it is misleading to have to come into the speedfarming thread to discuss solo arachyr GR, but whatever.

I must be doing something wrong with this build, because I'm just not getting the results that it is hyped for. First of all movement through a greater rift is incredibly slow. Yes once your dots are up and you can channel Firebats enemies die quickly; but before that can happen there is a large amount of setup you need to do, during which you are VERY vulnerable. Not only does Haunt only release one spirit at a time, but you have to squeeze in a Locust Swarm as well somewhere, all the while standing still in front of very dangerous enemies, and I'm sorry but Unity and Endless Walk and Spirit Vessel are not enough to survive this. Thus not only are you trying to dot everything, you also need to dodge missiles, run out of melee, try to get a Soul Harvest off, position as well as possible for Firebats... There's no way for you to group up enemies, so your Soul Harvest is very difficult to keep at 10 stacks; similarly, it feels like the small damage radius of Firebats goes to waste, with enemies running all over the screen and you going after them one by one. Then we get to the rift guardian, which you will almost never face with 10 stacks of Soul Harvest, so you're basically dead if he looks at you -- but now you need to run right up to his face to heroically channel Firebats for the win.

I'm honestly very disappointed at how this build plays, compared to the power, speed, survivability and ease of use of Helltooth Gargantuans. I don't see how this build is better in any of those ways. I don't have crappy gear either; I'm at paragon 750 and I have been working hard to get the best gear for this build. But like I said, I must be doing something wrong... any advice would be appreciated :)

15 hours ago, UnspeakableElvis said:

I feel it is misleading to have to come into the speedfarming thread to discuss solo arachyr GR, but whatever.

I must be doing something wrong with this build, because I'm just not getting the results that it is hyped for. First of all movement through a greater rift is incredibly slow. Yes once your dots are up and you can channel Firebats enemies die quickly; but before that can happen there is a large amount of setup you need to do, during which you are VERY vulnerable. Not only does Haunt only release one spirit at a time, but you have to squeeze in a Locust Swarm as well somewhere, all the while standing still in front of very dangerous enemies, and I'm sorry but Unity and Endless Walk and Spirit Vessel are not enough to survive this. Thus not only are you trying to dot everything, you also need to dodge missiles, run out of melee, try to get a Soul Harvest off, position as well as possible for Firebats... There's no way for you to group up enemies, so your Soul Harvest is very difficult to keep at 10 stacks; similarly, it feels like the small damage radius of Firebats goes to waste, with enemies running all over the screen and you going after them one by one. Then we get to the rift guardian, which you will almost never face with 10 stacks of Soul Harvest, so you're basically dead if he looks at you -- but now you need to run right up to his face to heroically channel Firebats for the win.

I'm honestly very disappointed at how this build plays, compared to the power, speed, survivability and ease of use of Helltooth Gargantuans. I don't see how this build is better in any of those ways. I don't have crappy gear either; I'm at paragon 750 and I have been working hard to get the best gear for this build. But like I said, I must be doing something wrong... any advice would be appreciated :)

You need to be in SW when you're casting LS and Haunt and you only need to cast LS once. The small radious of Firebat did hurt the build especially when the build can't fit in Piranha. The lack of SH stack when facing RG is also a problem. But it's the fastest killing build for WD. Garg slowdown in four mans T13 unless you are heavily inflated with Int. Jade is basically the same story with FB when facing RG.   FB only shrine when you have a puller in your team. 

Edited by Neogeo

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym
      The Season 21 and patch 2.6.9 PTR is finally live (and about a week late), as announced yesterday, and you can head on in and try out the new Demon Hunter and Necromancer sets and legendaries, seasonal power, class changes and more! Check out all the new additions under the tweet:
      Below are the official patch notes for the latest Diablo III content update that will be available for testing for two weeks.
      (Source)
      Table of Contents 
      PTR Focus & Details PTR Tips Patch Notes Seasons Items Skills Bug Fixes How to Participate in PTR PTR Character Copy Please note that this is a preview for PTR content, which is subject to change.
      PTR Focus & Details
      We’ll be conducting the Patch 2.6.9 PTR over the course of two weeks, starting Thursday, May 21. During this time there may be periodic maintenances, outages, hotfixes, or minor patches.
      There will be two PTR-unique buffs active to help you on your journey: increased Legendary drop rate and double Blood Shard drops. You can also buy new gear for testing from the special PTR vendor, Djank Mi'em, who will exchange Blood Shards for class-specific bags full of Legendary items that we'd love for you to test!
      To ensure that the most significant changes receive an ample amount of attention, we'd love for you to focus testing and feedback on the new Demon Hunter and Necromancer sets, Necromancer Skill changes, and the Legendary item changes.
      So that we can efficiently review your posts, feedback should be provided in the PTR Feedback forum while bug reports should be provided in the PTR Bug Report forum. 
      Return to Top
      PTR Testing Tips
      As with our previous PTRs, this testing period is short, so it's best to hit the ground running. Whether you’re a PTR veteran or newcomer, we thought we’d pass along a few tips to get you started.
      Because of the limited duration of this PTR, we ask that participants pick a particular portion of this update to focus on testing. For example, if you’re primarily a Wizard player, consider what changes impact the Wizard specifically. What you like best, what you think may still need adjustment, and what you’d want to see in the future (even if that may be beyond the scope of this patch) are all good questions to ask yourself. Prior to the start of PTR, consider stocking up on items like Puzzle Rings and Bovine Bardiches. Having these available after you import your character can make any necessary PTR farming much faster! Try to break things! Just tell us when you do so we can make sure that the patch launch is as smooth as possible. When providing feedback, focus less on a solution and more on your experience. How did the changes make you feel? Was there something “off” that you noticed? Did something seem wrong or insufficient? Suggestions are always welcome but identifying the issues themselves is most important. Return to Top
      Patch Notes
      Below you will find the patch notes for the upcoming update for Diablo III, Patch 2.6.9.
      PATCH 2.6.9
      Table of Contents:
      Seasons Items Monsters Bug Fixes Note: All changes apply to all versions of Diablo III, including PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC unless otherwise indicated. Please note that PTR is only available for PC and Mac users.
      Seasons
      The elements have deemed you worthy. With you as their champion, the burning hells will face the Trials of Tempests! Your character will occasionally (every 2 minutes) channel an elemental power which unleashes into the environment for a limited time: Meteors rain from the skies around you. Breathe lightning. A wall of flame engulfs everything. Release twisters of pure energy. Crush your foes under the weight of rolling snowballs. Two unique new rewards, a portrait frame and a pet, will be granted to players who complete the Season 21 Journey. Return to Top
      Items
      Demon Hunter
      New Demon Hunter Set: Gears of Dreadlands 2-Piece Bonus Gain a Momentum stack when attacking with a Primary skill. Each Momentum stack lasts 2 seconds at a maximum duration of 10 seconds. Your Primary skills deal 10% more damage per stack of Momentum. 4-Piece Bonus Casting Strafe against enemies will automatically shoot your last used primary skill, and also give 60% damage reduction while strafing and for 5 seconds after. While casting Strafe, you move faster per stack of Momentum. 6-Piece Bonus Your primary skills deal 10000% more damage Leonine Bow of Hashir Bolas have a 30% 100% chance on explosion to pull in all enemies within 24 yards, and also deal 100-150% increased damage. Emimei's Duffel Bolas now explode instantly and deal 150-175% increased damage. The Ninth Cirri Satchel Hungering Arrow has 20-25% is guaranteed to pierce and also deals 450-600% increased damage. Odyssey's End Enemies snared by your Entangling Shots take 20-25% 100-150% increased damage from all sources. Hunter's Wrath Your primary skills attack 30% faster and deal 45-60% 150-200% increased damage. Holy Point Shot Impale throws 2 additional knives and deals 75-100% increased damage. Necromancer
      New Necromancer Set: Masquerade of Burning Carnival 2-Piece Bonus Your Simulacrums no longer take damage, gains all runes, and its cooldown is refreshed when you die. 4-Piece Bonus While you have a Simulacrum, damage is reduced by 50%. Damage you take is split with your Simulacrums as well. 6-Piece Bonus Your Bone Spear deals 10,000% increased damage. Simulacrums gain triple this bonus. Grasps of Essence When an exploded corpse damages at least one enemy, Your Corpse Explosion deals 75-100% 150-200% increased damage for 6 seconds, stacking up to 5 times. Haunted Visions Simulacrum now drains 5% 1% of your maximum life every second and lasts twice as long forever. They can now duplicate Grim Scythe instead of Skeletal Mage. Razeth's Volition Skeletal Mage gains the effect of the Gift of Death and Singularity runes. You gain 35-60% damage reduction if your Essence is not full. Jesseth Arms 2-Piece Set Bonus: While your skeletons are commanded to attack a target, you deal 400% increased damage. Grace of Inarius 4-Piece Set Bonus: Bone Armor grants an additional 2% 3% damage reduction per enemy hit. Pestilence Master's Shroud 6-Piece Set Bonus: Each corpse you consume grants you an Empowered Bone Spear charge that increases the damage of your next Bone Spear by 3300%. In addition, Corpse Lance and Corpse Explosion damage is increased by 1650% 3300%. Crusader
      Shield of Fury This effect may stack up to 20 10 times. General
      Stone of Jordan Added power: Each of your elemental's damage bonus is equal to your highest static elemental bonus to skill. Reaper's Wraps Added a 2-second internal cooldown to the Health globe effect. Mantle of Channeling Now works with the Necromancer's Siphon Blood. Convention of Elements Added "non-static" to the wording of the legendary power's description. The functionality is unchanged
      Return to Top
      Skill Changes
      Necromancer Final Service
      No longer consumes pets.
      Bone Prison Simulacrums now benefit from this passive skill. Serration Simulacrums now benefit from this passive skill. Corpse Explosion Damage increased from 350% to 1050%. Witch Doctor Spirit Barrage The Spectres from the Phantasm rune no longer benefit from pet bonuses. Return to Top
      Bug Fixes
      General Fixed a rare issue where players could enter a locked party and become unable to enter games or change game settings Necromancer Fixed an issue where Skeletal Mages were not attacking certain creatures Return to Top
      How to Participate
      To participate in the public test, you must have a Diablo III game license attached to a Battle.net account in good standing (i.e. one that hasn't been suspended or banned). In addition, you will also need to download and install the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app if you have not already done so.
      Step 1: Restart the Battle.net desktop app.
      Step 2: Navigate to the Diablo III tab on the left-hand menu.
      Step 3: On the Diablo III screen, there is a drop-down menu right above the "Play" button (note that this may say "Install" if you do not have Diablo III currently installed). Select "PTR: Diablo III" from this drop-down menu before proceeding.
      Step 4: Click Install to begin the installation process.
      Your PTR account will be created automatically if you do not already have one. The PTR is available in all supported languages, and accounts from all regions are eligible to participate. For additional assistance with installing and launching the PTR, click here.
      Return to Top
      PTR Character Copy
      The option to copy your existing Diablo III characters from your live account to the PTR will be available and can be done directly through the PTR client. However, only one region per account can be copied at a time. So, if you choose to copy characters from your account in a different region, any previously copied PTR characters will be lost.
      Step 1: Log into the live game and then log out.
      Step 2: Log into PTR client and create a level 1 character. After you're done, return to the main character screen.
      Step 3: Click on the "PTR Copy" button located in the upper right-hand corner. (The PTR Copy button will not appear in-game until you have created a new level 1 character.)
      Step 4: Select your region.
      Step 5: Click "Copy." This will copy all characters on your account from the selected region.
      Step 6: You will be disconnected from the PTR client.
      Step 7: Log back in. Your copied characters will be available for play.
      Please note that you can only copy characters from one gameplay region at a time. If you choose to copy characters from a different region, any previously copied PTR characters will be lost. In addition, you can only copy characters over to your PTR account once every 24 hours. Attempting to copy characters before this cooldown is up will result in an error.
      Return to Top
    • By Stan
      A new Diablo 3 patch will be available for playtesting starting May 21. Check out the official patch notes for details.
      UPDATE: The patch has been delayed and we should see it hit PTR on May 28.
      Patch Highlights
      A new Seasonal buff will make your character channel an elemental power which unleashes into the environment for a limited time every 2 minutes, making meteors rain from skies around you. Your character can also breathe lightning, release twisters of pure energy, and more. The patch also comes with brand new sets for Demon Hunters and Necromancers, skill changes for Necromancers, and various bug fixes. The Necromancer set revolves around Simulacrums and Bone Spear. The Demon Hunter (Gears of Dreadlands) set utilizes Momentum stacks and Strafe. You can earn a new Portrait Frame and Pet in Season 21. More details are available in the patch notes below.
      (Source)
      Wait, Nephalem. Do you sense that? Though the air remains tainted with a demonic brimstone stench, the world around you crackles with chaotic elemental energy. You have been deemed worthy. The primal forces of Sanctuary manifest to aid you in the fight against the swelling darkness. Channel untethered bouts of flame, forked lightning, slicing wind, and biting snow against the minions of the Burning Hells during the Trials of Tempests!
      Our two-week PTR testing period for the 2.6.9 update begins May 21 and we're asking for your help to quell the tides of surging demons. Take a look at the preliminary patch notes below and start theorycrafting how you'll make the most of the brand-new season buff, two new class sets, and tons of Legendary item changes; Patch 2.6.9 will be arriving soon!
      Table of Contents
      PTR Focus & Details PTR Tips Patch Notes Seasons Items Skills Bug Fixes How to Participate in PTR PTR Character Copy Please note that this is a preview for PTR content, which is subject to change.
      PTR Focus & Details
      We’ll be conducting the Patch 2.6.9 PTR over the course of two weeks, starting Thursday, May 21. During this time there may be periodic maintenances, outages, hotfixes, or minor patches.
      There will be two PTR-unique buffs active to help you on your journey: increased Legendary drop rate and double Blood Shard drops. You can also buy new gear for testing from the special PTR vendor, Djank Mi'em, who will exchange Blood Shards for class-specific bags full of Legendary items that we'd love for you to test!
      To ensure that the most significant changes receive an ample amount of attention, we'd love for you to focus testing and feedback on the new Demon Hunter and Necromancer sets, Necromancer Skill changes, and the Legendary item changes.
      So that we can efficiently review your posts, feedback should be provided in the PTR Feedback forum while bug reports should be provided in the PTR Bug Report forum. 
      Return to Top
      PTR Testing Tips
      As with our previous PTRs, this testing period is short, so it's best to hit the ground running. Whether you’re a PTR veteran or newcomer, we thought we’d pass along a few tips to get you started.
      Because of the limited duration of this PTR, we ask that participants pick a particular portion of this update to focus on testing. For example, if you’re primarily a Wizard player, consider what changes impact the Wizard specifically. What you like best, what you think may still need adjustment, and what you’d want to see in the future (even if that may be beyond the scope of this patch) are all good questions to ask yourself. Prior to the start of PTR, consider stocking up on items like Puzzle Rings and Bovine Bardiches. Having these available after you import your character can make any necessary PTR farming much faster! Try to break things! Just tell us when you do so we can make sure that the patch launch is as smooth as possible. When providing feedback, focus less on a solution and more on your experience. How did the changes make you feel? Was there something “off” that you noticed? Did something seem wrong or insufficient? Suggestions are always welcome but identifying the issues themselves is most important. Return to Top
      Patch Notes
      Below you will find the patch notes for the upcoming update for Diablo III, Patch 2.6.9.
      PATCH 2.6.9
      Table of Contents:
      Seasons Items Monsters Bug Fixes Note: All changes apply to all versions of Diablo III, including PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC unless otherwise indicated. Please note that PTR is only available for PC and Mac users.
      Seasons
      The elements have deemed you worthy. With you as their champion, the burning hells will face the Trials of Tempests! Your character will occasionally (every 2 minutes) channel an elemental power which unleashes into the environment for a limited time: Meteors rain from the skies around you. Breathe lightning. A wall of flame engulfs everything. Release twisters of pure energy. Crush your foes under the weight of rolling snowballs. Two unique new rewards, a portrait frame and a pet, will be granted to players who complete the Season 21 Journey. Return to Top
      Items
      Demon Hunter
      New Demon Hunter Set: Gears of Dreadlands 2-Piece Bonus Gain a Momentum stack when attacking with a Primary skill. Each Momentum stack lasts 2 seconds at a maximum duration of 10 seconds. Your Primary skills deal 10% more damage per stack of Momentum. 4-Piece Bonus Casting Strafe against enemies will automatically shoot your last used primary skill, and also give 60% damage reduction while strafing and for 5 seconds after. While casting Strafe, you move faster per stack of Momentum. 6-Piece Bonus Your primary skills deal 10000% more damage Leonine Bow of Hashir Bolas have a 30% 100% chance on explosion to pull in all enemies within 24 yards, and also deal 100-150% increased damage. Emimei's Duffel Bolas now explode instantly and deal 150-175% increased damage. The Ninth Cirri Satchel Hungering Arrow has 20-25% is guaranteed to pierce and also deals 450-600% increased damage. Odyssey's End Enemies snared by your Entangling Shots take 20-25% 100-150% increased damage from all sources. Hunter's Wrath Your primary skills attack 30% faster and deal 45-60% 150-200% increased damage. Holy Point Shot Impale throws 2 additional knives and deals 75-100% increased damage. Necromancer
      New Necromancer Set: Masquerade of Burning Carnival 2-Piece Bonus Your Simulacrums no longer take damage, gains all runes, and its cooldown is refreshed when you die. 4-Piece Bonus While you have a Simulacrum, damage is reduced by 50%. Damage you take is split with your Simulacrums as well. 6-Piece Bonus Your Bone Spear deals 10,000% increased damage. Simulacrums gain triple this bonus. Grasps of Essence When an exploded corpse damages at least one enemy, Your Corpse Explosion deals 75-100% 150-200% increased damage for 6 seconds, stacking up to 5 times. Haunted Visions Simulacrum now drains 5% 1% of your maximum life every second and lasts twice as long forever. They can now duplicate Grim Scythe instead of Skeletal Mage. Razeth's Volition Skeletal Mage gains the effect of the Gift of Death and Singularity runes. You gain 35-60% damage reduction if your Essence is not full. Jesseth Arms 2-Piece Set Bonus: While your skeletons are commanded to attack a target, you deal 400% increased damage. Grace of Inarius 4-Piece Set Bonus: Bone Armor grants an additional 2% 3% damage reduction per enemy hit. Pestilence Master's Shroud 6-Piece Set Bonus: Each corpse you consume grants you an Empowered Bone Spear charge that increases the damage of your next Bone Spear by 3300%. In addition, Corpse Lance and Corpse Explosion damage is increased by 1650% 3300%. Crusader
      Shield of Fury This effect may stack up to 20 10 times. General
      Stone of Jordan Added power: Each of your elemental's damage bonus is equal to your highest static elemental bonus to skill. Reaper's Wraps Added a 2-second internal cooldown to the Health globe effect. Mantle of Channeling Now works with the Necromancer's Siphon Blood. Convention of Elements Added "non-static" to the wording of the legendary power's description. The functionality is unchanged
      Return to Top
      Skill Changes
      Necromancer Final Service
      No longer consumes pets.
      Bone Prison Simulacrums now benefit from this passive skill. Serration Simulacrums now benefit from this passive skill. Corpse Explosion Damage increased from 350% to 1050%. Witch Doctor Spirit Barrage The Spectres from the Phantasm rune no longer benefit from pet bonuses. Return to Top
      Bug Fixes
      General Fixed a rare issue where players could enter a locked party and become unable to enter games or change game settings Necromancer Fixed an issue where Skeletal Mages were not attacking certain creatures Return to Top
      How to Participate
      To participate in the public test, you must have a Diablo III game license attached to a Battle.net account in good standing (i.e. one that hasn't been suspended or banned). In addition, you will also need to download and install the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app if you have not already done so.
      Step 1: Restart the Battle.net desktop app.
      Step 2: Navigate to the Diablo III tab on the left-hand menu.
      Step 3: On the Diablo III screen, there is a drop-down menu right above the "Play" button (note that this may say "Install" if you do not have Diablo III currently installed). Select "PTR: Diablo III" from this drop-down menu before proceeding.
      Step 4: Click Install to begin the installation process.
      Your PTR account will be created automatically if you do not already have one. The PTR is available in all supported languages, and accounts from all regions are eligible to participate. For additional assistance with installing and launching the PTR, click here.
      Return to Top
      PTR Character Copy
      The option to copy your existing Diablo III characters from your live account to the PTR will be available and can be done directly through the PTR client. However, only one region per account can be copied at a time. So, if you choose to copy characters from your account in a different region, any previously copied PTR characters will be lost.
      Step 1: Log into the live game and then log out.
      Step 2: Log into PTR client and create a level 1 character. After you're done, return to the main character screen.
      Step 3: Click on the "PTR Copy" button located in the upper right-hand corner. (The PTR Copy button will not appear in-game until you have created a new level 1 character.)
      Step 4: Select your region.
      Step 5: Click "Copy." This will copy all characters on your account from the selected region.
      Step 6: You will be disconnected from the PTR client.
      Step 7: Log back in. Your copied characters will be available for play.
      Please note that you can only copy characters from one gameplay region at a time. If you choose to copy characters from a different region, any previously copied PTR characters will be lost. In addition, you can only copy characters over to your PTR account once every 24 hours. Attempting to copy characters before this cooldown is up will result in an error.
      Return to Top
      Patch 2.6.9 comes with a new Seasonal power, new sets for Demon Hunters, Necromancers, and more.
    • By Starym
      We finally have some more specific news on the Season 21 PTR delay and it seems that we'll be seeing it live tomorrow in the Pacific afternoon aka around midnight CET! The PTR brings with it a new seasonal power, 2 new sets, a whole lot of new legendary powers and more.
      S21 PTR (source)
      Hi everyone
      Back with that update I promised. It’s a good one!
      We are aiming to have PTR up tomorrow afternoon (Pacific Time). We will update the blog posts and have threads up when things go live tomorrow.
      Thanks for all your patience on this. We are looking forward to the feedback!
    • By Starym
      After the cinematic trailer/teaser, we now have the actual introduction to the game get the AI upscaling treatment, all the way to 8K with an added 60 FPS upgrade to boot! You can also see the direct comparison to the original version at the half-way mark, with the new version being significantly more... golden.

Other Upscaled Remasters
      Warcraft 3 E3 Trailer, Diablo 2 LoD Final Cinematic and Overwatch 2 Battle for Azeroth and Diablo 1 WoW Cataclysm and Starcraft: Ghost Diablo 3 Tyrael's Sacrifice Cinematic Burning Crusade Intro Wrath of the Lich King Intro Vanilla WoW Intro Diablo 2 Intro Diablo 2 E3 Teaser and Lord of Destruction Intro
    • By Starym
      The Diablo team is back from the prolonged weekend, with Memorial Day behind us, but they have some more bad news for the PTR, as not enough progress has been made on the issues and we still don't have any specific date for the launch. New community manager PezRadar clarified it's still aimed for this week, but they don't want to specific any date (but I'd say it's definitely looking to be Thursday or Friday if they don't postpone even more).
      PTR (source)
      No updates today unfortunately. Still hammering on the build here on our end. Still tracking for this week, but I don’t have any additional timeline updates. I would propose a date, but then I would feel awfully terrible if things didn’t hit that date!
      Will be back tomorrow if I have any new news. Thanks for all your patience everyone. I want to try the new sets and provide feedback on them just as much as you all!