FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vladamyr

UH DK

Quick weapon question for Unholy DK. Ataraxis 397 or Gurthalak 390? I was assuming Gurth and if that is correct according to the post reforge to Mastery over crit?

Quick weapon question for Unholy DK. Ataraxis 397 or Gurthalak 390? I was assuming Gurth and if that is correct according to the post reforge to Mastery over crit?

For Unholy Death Knights when it comes to weapons take the one that has a higher item level. The Gurthalak is nice, but the LFR version does slightly less damage than the Ataraxis. Now once you can get the normal Gurthalak you will want to use that until you can get a heroic version of Ataraxis or a heroic version of Gurthalak.

I'm just bumping this so that my sticky doesn't appear as the "last post" in this section on the board index :P

For Unholy Death Knights when it comes to weapons take the one that has a higher item level. The Gurthalak is nice, but the LFR version does slightly less damage than the Ataraxis.

I would have to disagree with this. I have both LFR Gurth and 10man Ataraxis. I figured the higher ilvl would equal more damage. After a buddy of mine pushed back on me I tested it. I found the LFR Gurth produced higher overall damage than the 10man Ataraxis. I think my buddy even ended up siming both weapons and it found Gurth better.

Riz

Edited by Riz
  • Like 1

I believe you will gain more DPS from using inv_sword_2h_deathwingraiddw_d_01.jpgGurthalak, Voice of the Deeps than inv_mace_2h_deathwingraid_d_01.jpgAtaraxis, Cudgel of the Warmaster.

The main reason why Gurthalak is better is its proc, which is truly very powerful. This result is somewhat counter-intuitive, since weapon damage is generally a very large factor in choosing weapons, and Gurthalak also has no stats :)

So, Gurthalak will probably be best for you :)

well..... look what it says for UH dk mastery, lol. SHADOW DAMAGE increase. look what kind of damage the gurth does: shadow. i do no believe that any weapon can compete with gurth for UH dks.

yours always, Che.