FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Bozzley

MM's pet dps choice

i was just wondering as a MM hunter i've noticed that the boar if you make him a ferocity pet has a special ability that increases physical dmg by 4%.What im wondering is ,is it if your min/maxing a better pet for us to take than the others as most of our dmg is physical and it takes rng out of the picture.

That is a good pet to have if the rest of the buffs are covered. Ravager's also give this rebuff, but "+4% Physical Damage taken — does not stack with Posted ImageBrittle Bones, Posted ImageEbon Plaguebringer, Posted ImageAcid Spit, Posted ImageRavage, Posted ImageStampede,Posted ImageJudgments of the Bold, and Posted ImageColossus Smash"

If you go check out the hunter page and go to buffs it lists a breakdown of what buffs/debuffs all the pets give and what their counterparts are that are given by players and other pets and if they stack or not, although I don't believe any of them stack.

So for the most part it depends on your groups make up.In some cases it may be more beneficial for the whole group to use a pet that may not bring your dps up specifically. For example using a spore bat for the spell haste will not help you out any but if you have a lot of casters this will help the group as a whole so would most likely be the best choice.

I must admitt i completely forgot about the buffs other players might give and how our pets buff wont stack ,thats what i get for not having my 1st cup of coffee before i ask a question but thank you for your response anyways........

I would agree that the wolf is best overall, but keep a few different types with you if a group needs a specific buff. Although, puppy rush would be mildly entertaining to look at for stampede.

The best pet is the pet that provides the buff/debuff your group is missing. If there isn't any, a tallstrider is the best by far. It does an aoe armor debuff. No other class in the game can do that.

I guess since we are on this topic, it does feel as if there should be a recommendation of which 5 types of pets you should always have. The general feel is that wolf is most likely best in most situtations, but there are a number of different pets that can help out in other cases. What would be a good recommendation of pets to always have? Personnaly I run a lot of dungeon finder and LFR, so I don't have a set buff/debuff task for each instance I run and I'm a little curious if anyone does. Or for that matter, if you as hunters swap pets mid instance (tallstrider for mobs, wolf/cat for individual bosses)?

I myself use a Wolf 5% Crit

Cat 5% Mastery

Serpent Melee/Ranged Atk Speed

DragonHawk 4% Magic Dmg

Ravager 4% Physical Dmg

I find these take care of any of my 5 Man buff concerns when i play as MM.

As Bm I end up Switching a few out. ex: Core Hound - Spirit Beast - instead of the Dragon hawk and the ravager because of the reasons mentioned above ( you may have those buffs from other classes in your raid but may be missing a Lust ). Shale Spider also works well if you are missing Stats.

Hope that helped Posted Image Cheers

Edited by Littlepinch