Kyo

Mythic Mistweaver Performance Questions

7 posts in this topic

Hello, I've been mythic raiding as a hunter for a while but recently changed my main to Mistweaver for HFC. I don't have a ton of experience healing mythics, but I feel as though I am not getting the output I should be, I was hoping someone could potentially look at my logs and see if I am making any blatant errors. Ask Mr.Robot says I'm ranked very low among mistweavers with a similar ilvl.

Ask Mr.Robot and recent logs

Armory

I feel like I'm finally at a good place spirit/mana wise, but can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Maybe it's the lack of the legendary ring and phylactery?

Hello.

I was bored today and had some time, so I thought I would engage in your question. I am by no means the "best" monk healer out there, but I did pick monk for my main because I simply cannot say nei to a good challenge. I have always had all available healers since Vanilla, and currently they are all over 710 ilvl - this is relevant, because I can compare output and playstyle which I believe gives me a Fingerspitzengefuehl when I evaluate their performance.

I am a heavy Uplift user, because of one reason mostly. Unless I manage to squeeze in 2 Revivals ® this is usually my top spell. At this point I would have to see if this playstyle differs from the top ranked monks, but that is for another day. 

Yes. Ofc. Revival is strong when cast at the right moment. It is not overpowered, and I will stick out my neck and say it is necessary or you will not be competitive with the other healers in the raid.

One must also take into consideration what other classes that heal with you. A similarly geared druid and disc will most of the time outheal you. If you look at the top rankings for say EU/US, monk is seldom on top:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/ranking/eu-us/hellfire-citadel/hps/

(I hope the links work, i had some trouble copying and pasting them)

It is also known, that some players, in order to top ranks, how shall I put it: form raids, pick certain healer classes or leave out certain healing classes, stand in fire on purpose so that there is more to heal, etcetera. Please do take rankings with a grain of salt.

All that said.Being first or second or third is not that important on mythic level. So much can fail. Important is that you do your (assigned) job. You could​ potentially push out more healing for the sake of it, if you cast R very early and then again. But ye...I hope your raid leader boinks you on the head in that case.

I do have a feeling that my monk is just one tiny wee behind druid and disc, which are classes with which I usually raid Mythic. We are all around 735-6 or so at the moment. It just seems that it is a very very tight race and just before reaching it, I lack behind just a tad lil in numbers. I cannot say either, if my guildies aim to burstheal more toward the end, or not, because I usually do not.

So.

The set bonus.

Renewing Mist (RM) will apply Extend Life (EF) to your initial target. When you then heal that target with Enveloping Mist (EM) or Uplift (U), 50% of this heal is also applied to your target with EL. This makes it important to be able to track RM (on who it is and when it runs out):

1 Make sure you have a way of tracking RM. Keep it on tanks. Do not spam it, do not try to keep it "rolling" all over the place (the hot is not that great).

2 (Little tricker to explain, but here it comes): With RM, you are able to cast a nice single target heal on any (pref damaged) target, if you apply it instantaneously after you cast U. It is more than a little hot. Your sequence would be something like: RM on Tank, Soothing Mist (SoM)(make sure to have Chi points as well, as usually), U on T or other target with RM, then BAAAAM - an insta RM on T or damaged target. You will see that it does a nice heal.

I will post two of my latest logs, just to compare. (I haven't raided much, Im on break until Legion) https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/2d6Kfn8wM1pv74HY#type=healing&fight=18&source=97

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/AWbCwcFfjLNY34QX#type=healing&source=131 

And then one from rop rankings list on Warcraft logs/Rankings/HPS/Eu/US (Had to pick one that doesn't say in Cyrillic)http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/evmnr1dh3a16lgnx/details/6/?s=4844&e=5040

The Leech Trinket

Where is it. It is pressioussss.

Leech is often underestimated, at least for monks. It took me a while to get that too, until I saw numbers. I do not favor the class trinket simply because its lack of stats. Get the unstable Felshadow trinket. If you happen to have Skada, get the leech addon for it. When I compare lists say Healing versus Healing+Leech, Leech sometimes does 20% of all my healing.

Other checks

If you are using cd:s in the very beginning of the fights, just hold back a little, then use them as often as you can.

U also seem a little bit low on Multistrike.

I hope I could contribute with something. At least perhaps a discussion.

Cheers,

Snipple/Espe

• Like 1

Thanks so much for taking the time, Espe.

I raid with two disc priests, a shaman, and depending on the fight a pally or druid. They're all about 730 or so ilvl. When I manage to finish my ring I should be close behind. 

I got advice from another mythic mw on reddit and they said that I use enveloping mist too much, that I should use the chi on uplift instead. Also, that I should be "smacking the boss" instead of channeling soothing mist during slow time, but I'm not sure what optimal rotation to do this with. I see a lot of damage coming from MW logs but is it 4-Jab then crane kick/blackout kick?

I suppose I should have taken the time to read about the 4set more than I have. Thank you for your explanation, I will try what you mentioned. If you don't keep RM pretty well spread, does uplift still touch enough targets for decent raid healing? I probably am using it way too much.

What do you do with max chi during times it wouldn't be suitable to uplift or EV? 

What do you use Xuen for?

What do you think is a good amount of multistrike? I get as much as I can but my gear isn't 100% itemized yet.

First thing I have to say is to drop AMR (and Espe, you really need to drop WoL, that sites so damn outdated the only people that even use it anymore are the Russians) and upload your logs to Warcraft Logs. WCL is 20000x better for analyzing than AMR amd 265926493628x better than WoL. Without going through the logs in too much detail, enveloping mists should really only be used in dungeons. Mistweavers specialize in AoE healing between Uplift and RJW.

For specifics on how the 4pc works watch this. This person does a much better job at explaining it, along with how it can be "cheated" so to speak.

Regarding Revival usage: DO NOT just use this at your discretion. Talk with you other healers/RL about how healing CDs are going to be rotated, and use them on cue.

Regarding Fistweaving: you should be doing this any time there is low incoming damage AND there isn't going to be large amounts of incoming damage soon (here you'd want to swap back to serpent stance and set up ReM to be prepared). General rotation (or priority rather) while Fistweaving looks something like this:

Keep Tiger Palm and Blackout Kick buffs up

Use Rising Sun Kick to dump chi

Use Surging Mists (glyphed) at 5 stacks of vital mists (2 stack gained for ever chi you spend in crane stance)

Use Jab to gain chi.

Regarding talents:

Xuen is only really useful if you won't be able to get much out of Rushing Jade Wind or are going to be Fistweaving for the entire fight (some exceptions apply, iskar, mannoroth, and xhul can all use either RJW or Chi Torpedo when Fistweaving).

The on demand chi (and to a lesser extent, mana tea stacks) from Chi Brew makes it the best talent for its tier.

Hi again.

Orthios - perhaps it is so that  more people use W Logs. I dont know. However, WoL is what we use, so that is why I use it to relate to.

I agree - I almost never use EM in raids, I focus on raid healing, clearly. That said, I am sure that most healers can think for themselves, and that they are trying to analyze each situation in order to do the best possible healing. I have had situations, in raid, where this has been needed. So I would not use your wording "really only".

Other than that -

Perfect - this was the video I was looking for when writing, but I could not find it at yesterday. This is where I learned about how-to, will indeed give a good explanation of the usage of the 4 set. I would like to add, that using your spells in the most efficient way is not what I would label as "cheating".

What Orthios said about Rev.

Other than that again-

I like Xuen a lot of the time. He doesnt do that much damage, but heals through eminence. I also fairly often use Torpedo. I actually prefer it more than Rushing Jade Wind, unless the fight require stacking, like Gorefiend.

I think that fistweaving is highly overrated. This is my personal view, and nothing can change it at the moment. The little damage it does / if the raid cant be without those few k:s of damage...well...then something else is wrong. I do not even bother with it anymore. But again. Thats what ​I like. Not to mention, fistweaving is not working as planned thus it will be gone Legion.

I also never have any issues whatever with chi. It fills up really fast, without me even paying attention to it.

Edited by Espe

I uploaded my logs to Warcraft Logs, sorry about that guys, it was convenient, I didn't know all the platforms uploaded the same txt file. 

Thanks for the video! I'm definitely using EM less now, and trying to better utilize the 4set.

Espe- I agree on the fistweaving front. I really wanted fistweaving to work (and in MOP it was so fun!) but as it is now smart heals and surging mist isn't really my cup of tea I guess?

Thanks for the information guys! One other small question. Before a fight do you spread renewing mist and build chi? Does the start of a fight always reset mana tea stacks or is it only after so many stacks? It might be anecdotal but I feel like sometimes it doesn't reset if I only have a few, but I could be wrong.

Edited by Kyo

Thanks for the information guys! One other small question. Before a fight do you spread renewing mist and build chi? Does the start of a fight always reset mana tea stacks or is it only after so many stacks? It might be anecdotal but I feel like sometimes it doesn't reset if I only have a few, but I could be wrong.

If you have mana tea after pull, it is because you used an ability when you did the pull, atleast in raids for every raid boss your mana tea ALWAYS resets.

Also I just looked at your logs aswell and as what has been stated it seems like you just need to use more uplifts and utilize the 4p for spot healing a bit more.

Also you don't seem to use life cocoon which is basically free healing if used effectively - Don't forget to use it.

Apart from that on the gorefiend kill it just seems like you have too many raid healers, maybe your holy should play disc instead.

1 tank healer and 4 raid healers isn't exactly the best raid comp (guess that is why you used EM 11 times).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By tanksta1
      [H] Salvation (est.2007) is a progression raiding guild on US-Cenarion Circle/Sisters of Elune.
      Objective
      Salvation is actively searching and recruiting players for current heroic content. What we look to do in the short-term is recruit players and gear them in our farm content. Mythic + will be run as well since it serves as another outlet to gearing up. By doing this we prepare them for our long-term goal, Mythic Mode Progression.
      Recruiting for Antorus
      Tanks- Blood Death Knight x1 (be willing to dps as well depending on raid comp) Melee- Rogue x1, Death Knight x1, Ret/Holy Paladin x1 Ranged- Mages x2, Hunter x1-2, Warlock x1-2, Balance Druid x1-2 Healers- Resto/Ele Shaman x1, Holy/Disc Priest x1

***Exceptional applicants can feel free to sign up even if we aren't recruiting your class/spec. Outstanding applications will always be considered.
      We are also accepting players that engage in social aspects of the WoW community such as leveling, PvP, questing, dungeon finding, roleplaying and other challenging activites. We provide monthly guild events. For example, the Tournament of Tiny Champions. It’s a pet battle tournament where guildies compete with each other using 3-6 of their mightiest level 25 tiny champions. We are expanding this extremely fun side of Salvation so that everyone can join in on some action and prizes!
      Raiding Schedule
      Our schedule is as follows. We push content three times a week for 3 hours at a time starting at 6:00pm to 9:00pm PST Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Mondays. 
      Our Raiding Requirements
      You must be able to raid all three nights. Be on time for raid. Lateness will not be tolerated. Be able to play the optimal specialization for Legion raid encounters. (this requirement is more towards the pure dps classes and hybrid classes in some special cases) Come prepared with the knowledge of the Legion raid bosses and mechanics. Have Discord app installed and a working microphone to communicate. Discord browser and phone app is also acceptable. (Note: Some of these requirements will change as time goes on.)
      How to Join
      Please sign up on our guild website at:
      www.salvationcc.guildlaunch.com Want to reach me in game? On Discord? Questions or concerns? Hit me up at:
      Battletag: Zanngetsu#1255 Discord: Tankstâ2329  
    • By Flitt
      Application information at http://www.eternal-kingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=165&t=4925
      Team Ascension (5/9M, 8/11H) is a two day a week Mythic raiding team with Eternal Kingdom. We are looking for exceptional players to join our ranks for Antorus
      Class Needs:
      Marksman or Beastmaster Hunter Rogue Warlock Raid Schedule:
      Monday & Thursday 5-8 PM
      About our Team
      Most of us are 40 hour per week working adults or full time college students. We raid light due to our real life schedules, but with folks willing to be diligent and efficient during our six hours per week. Working with Eternal Kingdom's core values, we have tailored our team to create an environment that is enjoyable, relaxed, and hard working. We will never raid past 8:00PM, as we respect your time and real life commitments.
      About our Community
      Kingdom Gaming is a large community consisting of 4 guilds, 12 raid teams, friends, and family. We pride ourselves in having a positive, all inclusive guild which houses players with varying degrees of experience and time able to be devoted to this game. For more information, please see http://www.eternal-kingdom.com/about/.
    • By joat
      Who We Are
      Tequila Sundown is a growing raid team formed within the <Karma Horde> guild on US-Stormreaver. Lead by a husband/wife team with high-level raiding experience dating back to WotLK, we're a "positively determined" progression team that maintains a light-hearted atmosphere while tackling mythic difficulty content. We're mature adults with jobs and family seeking like-minded players who have a passion for the game but want to avoid the needless angst or drama that often gets associated with progression raiding. We log on to have fun - so come have some fun with us!

A Team Within a Community
      Our raid team is one of four within the larger guild of <Karma Horde>, which was formed back during WotLK. As such, the guild and Discord are very active and social. There are always people around online and in-game. The community atmosphere is welcoming and friendly to players of all levels. The guild enforces a Code of Conduct that has zero tolerance for hate/offensive speech.

We care more about the people we play with than their item levels or progression rankings. We want players who are going to log in on non-raid nights and be down for all the other things we're into: pushing mythic+, doing world quests, PVP shenanigans, achievement hunting, hyper-competitive fishing.. there's so much to do and so many ways to enjoy the game. This is our favorite hobby and we'd like to play with you if it is yours, too.

Progression Goals
      We are 7/11-Heroic 11/11-Normal ABT.
      We strive for a fun environment that takes the challenges of mythic seriously and giving the content the respect it deserves. Our aim is, as all mythic teams, full clear of content but with always keeping the friendly spirit of camaraderie alive. Performance matters, but so does staying positive and finding the fun in the difficulty of a raid.
      We do not require mythic raid experience to join our team but we do expect mythic-level dedication and accountability from all of our raiders.

Raid Days/Times
      Our mandatory raids are:
      Tuesdays 8:45pm PT - 11:45pm PT
      Thursdays 8:45pm PT - 11:45pm PT
      Optional:
      Sundays 8:45pm PT - 11:45pm PT
      Sundays are for raiding the previous raid difficulty.

Recruitment Needs
      DPS: YES. Will consider all, but would love to pick up a Hunter and a Mage for ranged, and add an Enhance Shaman, Windwalker Monk, or Survival Hunter for melee. 
      Tank: NO. No current needs.

The Nitty Gritty
      If you're intrigued, please check out our wiki on the <Karma Horde> subreddit. This will give you the inside picture on how we operate as a raid team.
      https://www.reddit.com/r/FTH/wiki/tequilasundown

Contact Us
      You can reach us on bnet: joat#1832 & lambkill#1856
      or Discord: joat#6049 & saever#4432
    • By Ser3nity
      Safety not Guaranteed is an English speaking Alliance raiding guild on Emerald Dream. We raid 3 times a week and are mainly focused on mythic raiding.
      Current Progress:
      7/7M, 3/3M, 10/10M, 7/9M ToS, 2/11M Antorus
      Recruitment:
      We are currently recruiting the following classes to progress with us through Antorus:
      Melee DPS: DH
      Ranged DPS: Mage, Warlock, Druid, Priest
      Healer (1): Druid, Shaman
      Our raiding schedule is:
      - Thursday: 20.00 - 23.00 (server time)
      - Monday: 20.00 - 23.00 (server time)
      - Tuesday: 20.00 - 23.00 (server time)
      Apply here: http://safetynotguaranteed.guildlaunch.com/
      Even if we are not actively recruiting your class, we will consider any exceptional applications.
      About us:
      Safety not Guaranteed (SnG) was initially formed on horde side by a small group of friends in early MoP, raiding 10man heroic. Later during the expansion we faction changed to Alliance and expanded our roster to a 20man mythic team, where we cleared SoO mythic as a guild. Many of us have been playing together since as early as WotLK, and have friendships with each other that extend outside the game as well.
      Our goal ever since the guild was formed has been to progress through content at a steady pace, without hardcore hours, while having a good time together. We aim to clear each tier before the next one is released. In WoD we cleared 7/7M, 10/10M, 13/13M when relevant, and have cleared each tier so far in Legion obtaining most mythic cutting edge achievements, and plan to continue doing so.
      What we offer:
      A structured mythic raiding team and raiding times. We start invites 19:45 and begin to clear trash so we can have the first pulls at 20:00 A fair rotation and loot distribution via loot council. We keep spreadsheets! A steady guild with a good community and good guild atmosphere. You may encounter some trolling during your stay. A focused attitude during progression, and relaxed attitude during farm content. We like to chat and have fun, but focus during difficult content. A desire to raid. We often run an extra raid day on the 1st week of a new raid tier. This is 100% optional, but most people are excited to get into a new instance. Additionally we often run some sort of alt raids on fridays (100% optional), and do a lot of mythic+ content within the guild.
      What we want from you:
      High attendance. We expect a minimum of 80% attendance, though most of our raiders have near to 100%. We run a small roster to minimize rotation, and want to be able to rely on you. Commitment. We don't want someone who is looking to join, get geared and then leave. We have a 2-3 week trial period during which we will control gearing while we get to know you. Honesty. If you're having problems within the guild, or have real life issues, we'd like to hear rather than you just disappearing. Talk to us. Be prepared! This means reading up on new fights, having consumables (flask, pots, food, runes), gemming and enchanting properly, and being on time! Communication. We want you to know how to communicate both verbally and in writing. We use TeamSpeak for communicating in raids, though we also have a guild discord! Raiding awareness. We want you to not stand in fire, unless it's required... Progression oriented attitude. Everyone makes mistakes, but learning is part of progression, so we value people who continue to improve over time. Understanding. Sometimes, things don't always go smoothly. We may hit a wall on a specific boss for a while, or you may have to sit for someone else during a progression raid. This is part of mythic raiding. We try to treat everyone fairly, and are open to feedback.
      For more information you can add an officer to chat: Joana#2806, Kitty#2896, Noxxus#2229
      Or visit our website: http://safetynotguaranteed.guildlaunch.com/
    • By kairei
      Order of the Silverflame (OSF) has been around since Vanilla despite the fact we had a short break during the Burning Crusade. We are a friendly group who enjoy WoW and raiding. We have fun and joke around, we share precious memories in game and outside game, but when bosses need to go down then it is all serious! We expect members of the guild to enjoy the game as much as we do and to take part in our raids and maintain a good level of attendance per month.

Are you a Tank, Healer or Dps?

Are you looking for a raiding atmosphere that is somewhere between casual and semi-hardcore?
      While we have this mentality, we are still have progressed further than other guilds that state they are semi hardcore
      Do you want to raid with a group of people who are always looking to improve and kill bosses for epic purple stuff?

Then you should keep reading...

About us: 8/11HC 11/11N ABT
      Raid Times: Mon/Wed/Sun 8:00PM-11:00PM ST
      Server: Draenor - Horde Side (Pve)

Trials: So you got an invite eh? Congrats! You'll have a trial period where we'll evaluate you and your performance and most of all how you fit in with the group. Gear is obtainable and if you're a good listener and someone who likes to learn you'll inherently get better over time. Finally, if you get a spot on the team the honeymoon isn't over. We expect you to continue to play at a level that will be beneficial to the group.

Expectations:
      1. Know your class - we don't need world #1's but we certainly appreciate and value someone who knows how to play their toon over someone who is mindlessly clicking buttons with little to no success.
      2. Mechanics. Over your big d**k DPS we want you to make sure you know mechanics of fights. Making the same mistakes over and over doesn't do the team or you any good.
      3. Be prepared. Food, Flasks and most of all be at the instance. Just because there is a summoning stone doesn't mean you should expect a summon every night. Show some initiative and be ready when raid invites go out.
      4. Communication is important. If you are not gonna make a raid let us know, we do value real life over this fun game we all love.

If all of this sounds pretty good to you and you'd like to chat more then shoot us a message: Kravspants#2663 or Zelest#2444 and let's have a chat about getting you into our raid team.

Alternatively you can make an application on our website below! Exceptional applications of any class and spec will be considered.
      http://www.silverflame.org

If you wanna be social in our guild and get to know us, come join the party. Contact us and we can have a chat.

High priority classes
      Druid Balance, Feral,
      Rogue

Medium priority classes
      Demon Hunter Vengeance
      Mage
      Monk Windwalker
      Paladin Retribution
      Shaman Elemental

Low priority classes
      Death Knight Frost, Unholy
      Priest Shadow