FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Gruslak

Lynx Rush vs Muder of crows question

hi everywere ive been reading MoC does more dps than LR

for me i find i generally dont have the 60 focus sitting ready every 1/2 mins for the cd

im just wondering if when the differnce in dps is calcuated if the 60 focus wich equates to 3 arcane shots

is taken into effect or if the calculations are just done on MoC does X dps per use x Y uses in a fight = z

i personally find that i do less dps with MoC since im always trying to maintain control on my focus so i have enough to cast it on cd were as i with LR i just loose 1 gcd per use?

any thoughts about this would be great i cant seem to find anything on this everything i read just says that MoC does more dps on bosses but not how it correlates to basicly loosing 3 arcane shots per use ?

For quick fights and trash fights the difference between aMoC and LR is negligible, but for longer encounters, particularly dungeon and raid bosses, the difference is obvious. Just be mindful of having the necessary focus when you notice your timer getting close to the cool down.

Also, Lynx Rush is still a solid and respectable choice in pvp situations with stacked enemy players.

Edited by Faucon

I think both these abilities have their strengths and weaknesses.

In terms of DPS they are both pretty close.

LR is focus free, does damage on a 19 second window.

However if you have multiple targets the damage will be spread.

MoC is very expensive, lasts 30 second but is pure single target.

It also depends of what your spec is.

As a BM hunter I would take MoC as default and always use it under Bestial Wrath.

As a SV I would rather take LR as the 60 focus seem very expensive to me but it is a personnal choice and I know most SV hunter take MoC

Anyway there are some encounters where one of the ability will be clearly best than the other :

Grand Empress : LR is likely to bounce on the yellow fields, so don't take it.

Mel'Jarak HM : LR will bounce when you want single target damage, don't take it

Lei Shi : MoC is too long and you won't be able to use it for a whole phase between special.

Will of the Emperor : Blink Strike will do better than the other abilities on adds.

Amber Shaper Un'sok : Don't take LR.

Also, Lynx Rush is still a solid and respectable choice in pvp situations with stacked enemy players.

LR damage are divided among enemies so using it when there is more than one target looks like a waste to me. Edited by Ultoraison

LR damage are divided among enemies so using it when there is more than one target looks like a waste to me.

aMoC is a bigger waste in pvp where opponents go down relatively fast, and the long cooldown timer and excessive focus cost in fast paced combat makes it unattractive too. I wouldn't consider adding a bleed effect to multiple targets that costs no focus to be a "waste".

Edited by Faucon

Depends on your spec, for SV and MM, I'd say Blink Strike is probably better. I have a strong BM pvp bias though, and prefer LR rather than adding another short cool down to my already cumbersome rotation.

Blink Strike is the ultimate PvP talent : It hits harder than Kill Command, does not cost Focus, and increases your pet mobility so much, allowing for switch and even more dps.

Good luck trying to burst someone using a 15 second bleed !