FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
ViventesMors

Frenzy/Immortal King's Barbarian

I had this idea for a Frenzy build barbarian, based mainly on p2_unique_barbbelt_006_demonhunter_male.The Undisputed Champion and unique_mighty_2h_004_p1_demonhunter_maleBastion's Revered.

First, the active skills I decided to use were, of course, barbarian_frenzy.pngFrenzy, and barbarian_hammeroftheancients.pngHammer of the Ancientsb.pngRolling Thunder. The former to build up a pool of fury and the latter to dump it all out for huge damage.

The rest of the active skills I tried to base around survivability.

I took barbarian_calloftheancients.pngCall of the Ancientse.pngTogether as One to greatly reduce the damage done to myself. This paired with the unique_helm_008_x1_demonhunter_male.pngImmortal King's Triumph 2-set bonus ensure constant damage reduction.

barbarian_wrathoftheberserker.pngWrath of the Berserkere.pngSlaughter gives you a huge damage boost while active while also giving you a chance to pop off a few AoE's with your crits. Pair this off with the 4 and 6-set bonuses of the unique_helm_008_x1_demonhunter_male.pngImmortal King's Triumph set, and the barbarian_hammeroftheancients.pngHammer of the Ancientsb.pngRolling Thunder to keep the cooldown refreshing. Its also a good idea to equip p3_unique_bracer_105_demonhunter_male.pnBracers of the First Men to bring those hammers down harder and faster.

barbarian_revenge.pngRevenged.pngBlood Law gives you a nice bit of utility with an AoE and a decent heal on a low cooldown.

Lastly, x1_barbarian_warcry_v2.pngWar Crye.pngInvigorate will increase your Toughness and Regeneration, giving you quite a good bit of survivability in tough situations.

Passive skills I tried to base, again, on survivability, but also on getting more bang for my buck. 

barbarian_passive_brawler.pngBrawler will help out with single target damage while there are more enemies crowding you.

x1_barbarian_passive_rampage.pngRampage can stack up to 25% increased Strength. Increasing not only your damage but your armor also.

barbarian_passive_superstition.pngSuperstition is another super helpful skill. Increasing resistance to all elemental attacks and giving you better fury generation as you take more damage.

barbarian_passive_boonofbulkathos.pngBoon of Bul-Kathos is essential for keeping the cooldown on barbarian_calloftheancients.pngCall of the Ancients and barbarian_wrathoftheberserker.pngWrath of the Berserker low.

Now lets go over some of the gear I am (or am planning on) using.

Fisrtly, the unique_helm_008_x1_demonhunter_male.pngImmortal King's Triumph set is a must. I only use the helmet, breastplate, gloves, legguards and boots though. Giving you great usage of two key abilities that, when paired, give you a massive increase in your overall damage. Also, spending your primary resource will reduce the cooldown of these abilities. Done correctly and with enough CDR, this could bring you little to no downtime of your barbarian_wrathoftheberserker.pngWrath of the Berserker skill.

For the shoulders, I've used p3_unique_shoulder_102_demonhunter_male.Fury of the Ancients for added fury generation.

The core of this build is the belt. p2_unique_barbbelt_006_demonhunter_male.The Undisputed Champion gives you access to all runes available for barbarian_frenzy.pngFrenzy.

I equipped p3_unique_bracer_105_demonhunter_male.pnBracers of the First Men to give me a faster way to spend fury. Paired with b.pngRolling Thunder gives you a bit of a cone-shaped AoE that does great damage.

Since this isn't a very high mobility build I suggest using unique_amulet_008_x1_demonhunter_male.pnThe Traveler's Pledge and unique_ring_013_x1_demonhunter_male.pngThe Compass Rose. It will allow you to move quicker between enemies and flee a little more safely, but if you get tied up with a single unwavering target the 100% damage increase will help you move along nicely. The guaranteed crit damage on the amulet is a huge help too!

For a secondary ring, the given option would be unique_ring_010_x1_demonhunter_male.pngUnity paired with x1_followeritem_templar_legendary_01_demEnchanting Favor equipped on a Templar. Plus barbarian_calloftheancients.pngCall of the Ancients e.pngTogether as One gives you incredible amounts of damage reduction.

I've seen other Frenzy barbarian builds equipped with unique_sword_2h_101_x1_demonhunter_male.Stalgard's Decimator, which is suitable for a 2H weapon. But I prefer to dual wield. So p4_unique_mighty_1h_104_demonhunter_maleOathkeeper and unique_mighty_1h_102_x1_demonhunter_maleRemorseless are my two one-handed weapons of choice.

Items I use via Kanai's Cube are as follows.
Weapon: unique_mighty_2h_004_p1_demonhunter_maleBastion's Revered for the bonus stacks of barbarian_frenzy.pngFrenzy.
unique_sword_2h_101_x1_demonhunter_male.Stalgard's Decimator is a viable alternative.
Armor: unique_pants_006_p1_demonhunter_male.pngDepth Diggers will give you even more bonus damage to your barbarian_frenzy.pngFrenzy.
Jewelry: unique_ring_107_x1_demonhunter_male.pngRing of Royal Grandeur is a must, since I only use 5 pieces of the unique_helm_008_x1_demonhunter_male.pngImmortal King's Triumph set.

Gems:
Gear: x1_ruby_10_demonhunter_male.pngFlawless Royal Ruby for Damage.
x1_diamond_10_demonhunter_male.pngFlawless Royal Diamond for Toughness.
Helm: x1_amethyst_10_demonhunter_male.pngFlawless Royal Amethyst.
Weapons: x1_emerald_10_demonhunter_male.pngFlawless Royal Emerald.

Legendary Gems:
unique_gem_013_x1_demonhunter_male.pngSimplicity's Strength is essential for yet again more bonus damage on barbarian_frenzy.pngFrenzy.
I find that unique_gem_017_x1_demonhunter_male.pngMolten Wildebeest's Gizzard is useful, giving you a great life regeneration boost and, later, a shield at the start of battles.
Lastly, I tend to lean more towards unique_gem_002_x1_demonhunter_male.pngBane of the Trapped.
But unique_gem_018_x1_demonhunter_male.pngBane of the Stricken or unique_gem_016_x1_demonhunter_male.pngEsoteric Alteration are both equally viable.

NOTE: I am fully aware that Frenzy Barbs aren't particularly great for speed running high level Greater Rifts, but in Normal Rifts and low Greater Rifts they are great fun!

I hope you guys enjoyed my rambling. I hope to hear some feedback and maybe I can make some changes as time goes on. Thanks for reading!