FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Legion Alpha: New Dungeon Released!

16145-legion-alpha-new-dungeon-released.

The design notes for the latest build hinted at the release of another dungeon, the Arcway. We're here to bring you a video preview of the dungeon and the boss fights within, as well as our feedback for the dungeon.

I'm going to kick this off with a pretty bold statement. Arcway is the best dungeon in Legion. 

That's right. 

This dungeon is absolutely fantastic. From the visuals to the fights, I thoroughly enjoyed this one and I can't wait for the players to experience it. The feel of the dungeon is almost Karazhan-esque, with books stacked high against walls that climb higher than the eye can see. The ceilings are way beyond reach, the rooms are insanely large and the design is just beautiful. Simply put, it feels epic. 

You can take a look at the dungeon in the video below, taken from my Youtube channel. I play a Frost Death Knight in the video and am using the artifact weapons. There is a description of every important trash mob and boss within the dungeon throughout the video.

On two of the bosses, there are two mechanics where our group actually paused after the boss to appreciate how fantastic they were. The "shadow triangle" mechanic and the banishment in time is unique and simply fun to deal with. It's not an insanely difficult dungeon, but it's so much fun. I really hope Blizzard keep the trash as overtuned as it is, since it will force groups to pause and actually plan.

This morning was the first time in 6-7 years that I have seen a tank say that he would wait for the patrol to come back to us before pulling. I loved every second of this dungeon and it is a perfect example of what Blizzard should be working towards. A fun dungeon that is very easily doable by groups on Normal, but with mechanics that can be made adequately difficult for higher difficulties.

Keep it up, Blizzard!

What was fun about it.. all the fight we seen in pass expansion... nothing new except for the last fight.. 

They adds and mobs are over tuned and hits way too hard.. it will be tweaked and it will be business as usual.. tanks grab everything and we plow thru the dungeon.. boring.. 

We need trapping, sapping and sheeping and hex to be back.....

the new dungeons look pretty nice i hope they will bring more as they promised for wod but well we know how wod worked out. i actually liked cataclysm dungeons (hell yes prenerf). Only time can tell 

Greetings Icy-veins. I'm excited for loads of things, that is true. But to be honest I am kind of scared as well, since there is a lot to be done wrong in this expansion. Artifact weapons truly look good and have some nice traits, but personally i would ask how are we going to develop them in next patches and what will happen to them in the end of Legion.

Also i am excited for the PvE concept. There are 10 dungeons and I've seen few of them in YT previews and such. They look really nice and have really nice design, but what i would be again scared of is the scaling and the difficulty in heroic or challenge modes.

PvP concept is really looking nice with the small amount of information i have, but again, question is, how will the gear, talents and prestige work? I really look forward to it.

And last point: Lore... This is one thing I am really looking forward to and what interests me probably the most. We have a chance to see new and old characters and also we could have a chance to encounter or at least get some more info on Old Gods. Scaling system looks also really amazing. Since I am an alt person, i love to get all classes on max lvl, so this would allow me to progress the Broken Isles in any way i want. But again the negatives... I am really worried about the length (in hours) of each zone in Broken Isles. Some sources say that one zone only takes about one and half hour to complete which is too fast, but that is my personal opinion.

I know this was supposed to be "Why i am hyped for Legion" comment. But I just can't write all positives, without leaving out possible negatives, which are important. To me chance to get into beta of Legion is the chance to test the game and point out the bugs and glitches made in the game and help in one way or another improve the game for normal players, rather then play it as one. I will have a chance to do that when it launches.