Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blainie

wow Legion Alpha: New Dungeon Released!

8 posts in this topic

16145-legion-alpha-new-dungeon-released.

The design notes for the latest build hinted at the release of another dungeon, the Arcway. We're here to bring you a video preview of the dungeon and the boss fights within, as well as our feedback for the dungeon.

I'm going to kick this off with a pretty bold statement. Arcway is the best dungeon in Legion. 

That's right. 

This dungeon is absolutely fantastic. From the visuals to the fights, I thoroughly enjoyed this one and I can't wait for the players to experience it. The feel of the dungeon is almost Karazhan-esque, with books stacked high against walls that climb higher than the eye can see. The ceilings are way beyond reach, the rooms are insanely large and the design is just beautiful. Simply put, it feels epic. 

You can take a look at the dungeon in the video below, taken from my Youtube channel. I play a Frost Death Knight in the video and am using the artifact weapons. There is a description of every important trash mob and boss within the dungeon throughout the video.

On two of the bosses, there are two mechanics where our group actually paused after the boss to appreciate how fantastic they were. The "shadow triangle" mechanic and the banishment in time is unique and simply fun to deal with. It's not an insanely difficult dungeon, but it's so much fun. I really hope Blizzard keep the trash as overtuned as it is, since it will force groups to pause and actually plan.

This morning was the first time in 6-7 years that I have seen a tank say that he would wait for the patrol to come back to us before pulling. I loved every second of this dungeon and it is a perfect example of what Blizzard should be working towards. A fun dungeon that is very easily doable by groups on Normal, but with mechanics that can be made adequately difficult for higher difficulties.

Keep it up, Blizzard!

Man I still wish we could play warlocks as Draenei lol. Totally off topic lol. The new instances look so pretty so far!

What was fun about it.. all the fight we seen in pass expansion... nothing new except for the last fight.. 

They adds and mobs are over tuned and hits way too hard.. it will be tweaked and it will be business as usual.. tanks grab everything and we plow thru the dungeon.. boring.. 

We need trapping, sapping and sheeping and hex to be back.....

definitively a good addition to all the bright and vibrant looking dungeons they've released so far.

the new dungeons look pretty nice i hope they will bring more as they promised for wod but well we know how wod worked out. i actually liked cataclysm dungeons (hell yes prenerf). Only time can tell 

I can't wait to try this new dungeon out. I've been looking at videos of it, and I must say that it looks amazing!

Greetings Icy-veins. I'm excited for loads of things, that is true. But to be honest I am kind of scared as well, since there is a lot to be done wrong in this expansion. Artifact weapons truly look good and have some nice traits, but personally i would ask how are we going to develop them in next patches and what will happen to them in the end of Legion.

Also i am excited for the PvE concept. There are 10 dungeons and I've seen few of them in YT previews and such. They look really nice and have really nice design, but what i would be again scared of is the scaling and the difficulty in heroic or challenge modes.

PvP concept is really looking nice with the small amount of information i have, but again, question is, how will the gear, talents and prestige work? I really look forward to it.

And last point: Lore... This is one thing I am really looking forward to and what interests me probably the most. We have a chance to see new and old characters and also we could have a chance to encounter or at least get some more info on Old Gods. Scaling system looks also really amazing. Since I am an alt person, i love to get all classes on max lvl, so this would allow me to progress the Broken Isles in any way i want. But again the negatives... I am really worried about the length (in hours) of each zone in Broken Isles. Some sources say that one zone only takes about one and half hour to complete which is too fast, but that is my personal opinion.

I know this was supposed to be "Why i am hyped for Legion" comment. But I just can't write all positives, without leaving out possible negatives, which are important. To me chance to get into beta of Legion is the chance to test the game and point out the bugs and glitches made in the game and help in one way or another improve the game for normal players, rather then play it as one. I will have a chance to do that when it launches.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan

The weekly world boss rotation is currently random. We saw Withered J'm up for two weeks several times, but things will change in Patch 7.3.
      Patch 7.3 introduces a fixed world boss rotation. No more waiting for Nithogg to spawn! Another great example is Na'zak, who spawned once since Legion launch and drops Recipe: Potion of Prolonged Power (Rank 3) for Alchemists.
      Placeholder for tweet 889952047474266112
    • By Stan

After the maintenance's over in your region, there are several hotfixes that will come into effect. The third LFR Wing of the Tomb is now available with Maiden of Vigilance and Fallen Avatar. There's a new PvP Brawl and you can get up to 50% more reputation from World Quests.
      Hotfixes & Tomb of Sargeras Mythic Nerfs
      Many hotfixes related to PvE & PvP will be live once maintenance ends in your region. The Tomb of Sargeras nerfs make the final two encounters easier, so expect a lot more Kil'jaeden Mythic kills in the coming days. Tomb of Sargeras LFR Wing #3
      Chamber of the Avatar opens with Maiden of Vigilance and Fallen Avatar. Mythic Keystone Affixes
      Teeming // Quaking // Fortified World Quests Bonus Event (July 25 - August 1)
      For the duration of the event, reputation gained from World Quests is increased by 50% (Sign of the Emissary). This is great for farming reputation Paragon caches / mounts or unlock flying. The weekly quest "The World Awaits" rewards 5,000 Order Resources once you complete 20 world quests. PvP Brawl: Arathi Blizzard (July 25 - August 1)
      Put away your bathing suit, pull out your parka, and enter a winter wonderland as the Arathi Basin you know and love gets a fresh coat of ice and snow. You'll be racing your way between the farm, stables, mine, lumberyard, and blacksmith through piles of snow and over a - mostly - frozen lake. One more thing: the weather forecast calls for a bit of fog of war. We hope you're prepared for the weather. (Source) Don't forget to complete the weekly quest "Something Different" to get Brawler's Footlocker, 3 Marks of Honor and Soldier's Legacy (AP token). Kirin Tor Tavern Crawl (July 31)
      The mages of Azeroth like to relax, too. Hop into a portal at your watering hole and join the Tavern Crawl. The micro-holiday is centered around inns. You talk to a NPC that will teleport you to various inns across Azeroth where you can interact with unique objects. You stay there for a short period and teleport to another tavern. It's the first time Tavern Crawl's up, because it was disabled in the past. The event was suffering from issues that couldn't be hotfixed. Find our more about Tavern Crawl in our micro-holiday preview. World Boss Drugon
      Look for the epic World Quest "The Frozen King" in Highmountain.
      World Boss Loot Table
      Assorted Dragonscale Bracers Drugon's Snowglobe Ettin Fingernail Ettinbone Bracers Giant's Handkerchief Snowdrift Bracers Wax-Sealed Leather Bracers
    • By Starym

With the most recent hotfixes bringing in significant nerfs to Mythic Kil'jaeden, only a day after Exorsus' World 2nd kill, the guild's twitter had some words to share with the WoW devs, and the encounter designers in particular:
      We'd already heard a fair amount of complaints from both Method and Exorsus previously, on the state Kil'jaeden was in for the first week and more, but these hotfixes do seem to indicate that KJ was overtuned even in Blizzard's estimation (this, in addition to the 10+ undocumented nerfs he had already received prior to Method's World First kill). We've also heard that there will be a big post coming where all the issues they've had with ToS will be discussed by the GM, Alveona:

What do you think about the situation, are Exorsus being too harsh on the devs or do they have a point?
    • By Starym

When +17 just isn't enough, it's time to move on to +19. Mione is just shy of that +20 barrier with this most recent solo endeavor in the Court of Stars, but at least it took half the time of the Vault of the Wardens clear, somewhere in the vicinity of 6 hours. Shave just 5+ hours off of that and the solo artist would be able to qualify for the Mythic Dungeon Invitational!

Let's see if that +20 barrier gets broken any time soon!
    • By Starym

Along with the previously announced class tuning and additional PvP class tweaks, today we're getting some significant nerfs to Mythic Fallen Avatar and Kil'jaeden! So we should be seeing another kill on big red quite soon. We also got some new additions to the overall class tuning that were not previously announced, specifically for Vengeance DHs, and all 3 Paladin specs.
      July 24 (source)
      Class, Raid, Items, and PvP hotfixes below will go live with maintenance in each region.
      Classes
      Death Knight Frost Fixed a bug preventing Hungering Rune Weapon from generating a Rune at the correct rate of once every 1.5 seconds. All damage abilities increased by 5%. Demon Hunter Vengeance Demon Spikes physical damage reduction increased to 12% (was 10%). Fracture damage decreased by 5%. Spirit Bomb damage decreased by 10%. Paladin Protection Increased the damage done by the following abilities by 4%: Avenger's Shield, Judgment, Hammer of the Righteous, Blessed Hammer, Consecration, Shield of the Righteous, Eye of Tyr. Retribution Blade of Justice damage increased by 10% (unchanged in PvP). Crusader Strike damage increased by 10%. Zeal damage increased by 10%. Rogue Fixed a bug where Elusiveness reduced the amount of AOE damage reduction Feint provided. Paladin Holy Light of Dawn now functions correctly with Aura of Sacrifice. Class Halls
      Calydus will now appear if a player can accept or turn-in a quest with him, even if he's on a mission. Dungeons and Raids
      Tomb of Sargeras The Fallen Avatar The Fallen Avatar’s health is reduced by 5% in Mythic difficulty. Kil’jaeden Kil'jaeden's health reduced by 5% in Mythic difficulty. Armageddon now creates 6 Armageddon Rains (was 8) in Mythic difficulty. Illidan's Sightless Gaze now deals less damage in all difficulties. Demonic Obelisk now spawns 3 Obelisks on the first cast in Mythic difficulty.
      Items
      Spectral Thurible will no longer damage creatures you are not in combat with. Warrior Arms The Great Storm's Eye damage bonus per stack reduced to 2% (was 4%). Ayala's Stone Heart now procs 40% less often for Arms Warriors.  
      Rogue All Specs Mantle of the Master Assassin duration reduced to 5 seconds (was 6 seconds). Subtlety Denial of the Half-Giants  cooldown reduction reduced to 0.2 seconds per combo point spent (was 0.3 seconds).  
      Player versus Player
      Druid
      Balance PvP Template Armor reduced by 10%. Bladed Feathers grants 11% additional armor per rank in PvP (was 22.5% per rank). Ironfeather Armor now grants an additional 25% armor, down from 50% armor. Celestial Guardian now grants 10% spell damage reduction, down from 20%. Moonkin Form now grants 125% additional armor in PvP situations, down from 200%. Restoration PvP Template Intellect increased by 2%. PvP Template Mastery increased by 20%. Hunter
      Survival Holy Priests with Greater Fade active can now be correctly interrupted by Muzzle Mage
      Frost Frigid Winds increases chilling effects by 10% in PvP situations, down from 15%. Chilled reduces the movement speed of targets by 40% in PvP situations (was 50%). Priest
      Holy Ray of Hope's cooldown is increased to 60 seconds, up from 45 seconds. PvP Template Intellect reduced by 4%. PvP Template Mastery reduced by 30%. The heal over time effect of Renew now heals for an additional 75% in PvP, down from an additional 100%. Shaman
      Restoration Riptide's heal is increased by 15% in PvP situations, down from an additional 30%. PvP Template Intellect reduced by 3%. Warlock
      Affliction PvP Template Intellect increased by 3%. Destruction PvP Template Armor increased by 30%. PvP Template Versatility increased by 5%. Previous Hotfixes
      July 20 July 17 July 12 July 11 July 7