FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Copperbad

Will you be playing Standard or Wild?

Will you play Standard or Wild  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Impossible to say. They are both unknown quantities; we can only speculate on the Classic nerfs and even speculation's pointless wrt the new expansion.

Just hoping that I end up liking at least one of the formats. Ideally that would be Standard since that will have the biggest community.

It is really hard to say from current information. If there won't be any super-broken combo wombo OpieOP cards or card combinations, I will play both. I originally wanted to stay with Wild, but then I realised that tournaments will be in Standard. So, because I like GvG and Naxx, I will play Wild as long as it is a somewhat enjoyable game-mode.

I'll be playing both. I want to see what new decks can be created in wild when you have a much larger pool of cards and more options/combinations. I don't like the idea that certain cards that couldv'e had more potential synergies with future expansions, making more archetypes viable, wont be possible with standard anymore. (e.g rogue's raptor-egg combo would only be available in wild) 

Similarly standard will offer a completely different meta. And If I want to be "wild viable" ill essentially be buying new expansions anyways making a standard collection automatically in the process.

• Like 1

It's an educated guess at best, but I voted Wild. As a long time Magic player I've always preferred non-rotating formats. I like that I can take the time to learn a deck inside and out and have it pay dividends, and that I'm not constantly having to keep up with new cards/sets. Chances are that will translate to Hearthstone as well, as long as Wild maintains a balanced metagame without a single dominant deck or strategic archetype like present day Modern.

I'm looking forward to Standard mode. I am an MTG player and I frankly hate Standard there, but in Hearthstone things are a liitle bit different. Current meta is classical example of solved format, where innovation pool is dry and ladder is pretty much Rock-Paper-Scissors with some flavors of seasonal trends and personal skill involved.

Even though Standard is positioned by Blizzard as newcomers-oriented format, IMO it would be completely opposite. Most of current casual playerbase will stick to their trusty decks in the Wild with all its boogeymen and proven decks, while pros and those who try to follow them will do a lot of Standard. There would be much more space for cutting edge deck technology, creativity etc. and that is what I value a lot. New players are completely free to do their choices, and if I am to enter Hearthstone now, I would certainly join more explored and wide format such as Wild.

Anyway, if Standard ends up being complete garbage, there is always Wild Legend ranks to cover my back :D

I'll definitely play both to begin with - and they may settle on one or the other. 
If I play standard for too long, I am sure I will start to miss Dr Boom and friends :-)

Probably Standard.  I'll start off playing both, but since the meta in Wild is pretty much set there aren't many oddball decks out there.  Standard will be completely shaken up and you'll see a lot of variation, especially in the beginning.  That and it's getting tiresome seeing Dr Boom dropped on turn 7 for half of my games.  We need some variation.

i dont think there will ever  be  a fixed% of players  favoring any of the 2 formats for as long as the game will be running so this will kinda have its own ''meta'' i guess and i dont know why all of the sudden some players are starting to place verdicts on which will be the better format for them because again ..we even did not see some deck synergy or even this whole expansion is worth the wait ...so far am amazed by the cards introduced ..but will they all really come together to form a new interesting meta ..or will it be like hearthstone release where ..druids and rogues were  power creeping there way through the game !!  so i guess time will tell but for now i have no idea which will be better suited for me 

I thought I'f be playing more wild, but since D-Day Ive only played 2 wild games and rest have been standard. I feel I'll play standard for a while and then Wild when It gets a little static to open more options for deck building.

• Like 1

It feels like the system is really pushing the standard format.  That makes sense, Blizzard wants to sell cards. I havent played wild at all since the switch.

I thought I'f be playing more wild, but since D-Day Ive only played 2 wild games and rest have been standard. I feel I'll play standard for a while and then Wild when It gets a little static to open more options for deck building.

Same here. Only 2 games wild while the rest have been standard. I've always been more of a Midrange style player and so far Standard fits. Both wild games were against Face Shaman while out of the 50 or so games in Standard I've seen maybe 2. But like you said, I'll stick with Standard for the time being and whenever it feels old I'll hop to wild just to spice it up. 

I will be playing standard. It's where all the competetivness will be.

The unfortunate truth.

I'm only playing standard.

In wild, there will be secret Paladins all over the place.

In standard you have to come up with new decks, you might even create a deck with cards that wouldn't be used in wild at all.

*cheers* no sludge belcher anymore.

Edited by hanfionkel

I'm only playing standard.

In wild, there will be secret Paladins all over the place.

In standard you have to come up with new decks, you might even create a deck with cards that wouldn't be used in wild at all.

*cheers* no sledge butcher anymore.

I do miss my Belcher. He will never be forgotten!

Several weeks later and I haven't played a single wild game yet, nor do I have any intention of doing so. Standard meta is great IMO, why leave that.

I've been playing some Wild because I like Zoo, which totally stopped working for me in Std about a week ago. Only seen one Palading with secrets so far, and if he was running MC he never drew it. I'm enjoying both formats.

I've played standard almost exclusively. I'll just go to the wild ladder when I need a break to have fun, thinking "oh, Im only level 15 here, i dont care if I lose".  Seriously considering dusting my GVG and Naxx cards. 

I've played standard almost exclusively. I'll just go to the wild ladder when I need a break to have fun, thinking "oh, Im only level 15 here, i dont care if I lose".  Seriously considering dusting my GVG and Naxx cards. 

Aye, main thing stopping me atm is the fact that some brawls are ran in wild mode.