FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Khalam

Hunter BM/SV rotation

Hi,

I am switching to hunter in 5.2 and I have few questions regarding skills priority and opener.

I have checked EJ, Icyveins, wow forums and method guides and each of them lists different priority. The same goes to opener.

Are the differences in priority so small or are the guides outdated?

Would be grateful if some experienced hunter would post their prio and opener and some reasoning behind it?

Regards

Khalam

Hello there!

The Beast Mastery and Survival Hunter rotations on our site are not out of date. I stand by them. Naturally, there can be some disagreement from various people here and there, but it's nothing major. The differences you are seeing with the sites you mentioned are mostly in terms of presentation. For example, we don't include the abilities gained from talents in the initial rotation list. We also don't include cooldowns like Bestial Wrath there, since we give them more ample coverage later on.

Our goal is to make the rotations be as readable and understandable as possible.

That said, there is always room for improvement, both in presentation and in accuracy, and anyone else is welcome to reply to the OP's question :)

The only thing I have to add is that I think it should be mentioned in the guide, not to use dire beast during bestial wrath. It is essentially a wasted GCD since it doesn't scale with bestial wrath.