FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Shynraa

Which Trinkets to use?

Hello fellas!

Assasination Rogue here, and I just looted the Mirror of the Blademaster, but i already have the Soul Cap', Fel Spring Coil & the Tracking Charm(Heritage one).

I'm completely lost on which two to use, untill i get the Archimonde one, i could use some help : 

- Soul Cap' : Its very hyped, however I dont like it...I'm using it right now because +416 Agility is huge, but the passive proc is sometimes really annoying(I still have issues cancelling it when needed)

- Fel Spring Coil : Also using this, simple stats based trinket. Also giving Mastery & Crit which is top two stats for Sin Rogues.

- Tracking Charm : Nothing much to say, it procs quite often, a nice trinket...

- Mirror of the BladeMaster : Just got it, didnt have the chance to try it yet. However it seems really nice in AoE moments, or even single-target burst actually. I really like it

I've checked on AskMrRobot & Shadowcraft, they both say different things.

Though, Fel Spring Coil seems very low ranked compared to the other three, which is weird to me given that both stats(Crit & Mastery)are pretty important.

At the moment, i'm thinking that switching in between fights is the best option. What do you guys think? If i'm right, which of these should be used on which boss? Thank you very much!

Here's my armory, in case : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/elune/Tesselate/simple

I use Soul Capacitor, but like you, I really don't like the effects. According to https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/assassination-rogue-pve-dps-gear-loot-best-in-slot, the best option is the mythic version of Bleeding Hollow Toxic Vessel (http://www.wowdb.com/items/124520?bonusIDs=567). I choose to go with what I think works best. I really like Mirror of the Blademaster, so if you prefer that, go with it. Here is my armory. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/senjin/Romanah/advanced .Please remember, I'm not a hard core raider, so i don't have the best of everything.

Hello fellas!

Assasination Rogue here, and I just looted the Mirror of the Blademaster, but i already have the Soul Cap', Fel Spring Coil & the Tracking Charm(Heritage one).

I'm completely lost on which two to use, untill i get the Archimonde one, i could use some help : 

- Soul Cap' : Its very hyped, however I dont like it...I'm using it right now because +416 Agility is huge, but the passive proc is sometimes really annoying(I still have issues cancelling it when needed)

- Fel Spring Coil : Also using this, simple stats based trinket. Also giving Mastery & Crit which is top two stats for Sin Rogues.

- Mirror of the BladeMaster : Just got it, didnt have the chance to try it yet. However it seems really nice in AoE moments, or even single-target burst actually. I really like it

Though, Fel Spring Coil seems very low ranked compared to the other three, which is weird to me given that both stats(Crit & Mastery)are pretty important.

At the moment, i'm thinking that switching in between fights is the best option. What do you guys think? If i'm right, which of these should be used on which boss? Thank you very much!

Here's my armory, in case : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/elune/Tesselate/simple

If you plan on raiding hardcore, you pretty much don't have a choice but to use Bleeding Hollow Toxin Vessel + Soul Capacitor because of the damage buffs from both of the trinkets, they stack pretty neatly. PvE this tier is pretty much all about bursting initally as much as you possibly can. The legendary ring (also stacking really good with both the trinkets) is also pretty much a "must" for raiding semi-hardcore/hardcore.

Also, I'd recommend (mainly my personal preference) you to switch to Sub if (again) you plan on raiding semi-hardcore/hardcore (Especially mythic-raiding).

Edited by TrollgummaN

If you want to maximize your damage output:
  1. You should use Soul Capacitor and the class trinket (Bleeding Hollow Toxin Vessel) when playing Sub
  2. You should use Mirror of the Blademaster and class trinket when playing Combat

If you aren't worried about doing the most damage possible, do whatever you feel comfortable with

Hello fellas!

If you plan on raiding hardcore, you pretty much don't have a choice but to use Bleeding Hollow Toxin Vessel + Soul Capacitor because of the damage buffs from both of the trinkets, they stack pretty neatly. PvE this tier is pretty much all about bursting initally as much as you possibly can. The legendary ring (also stacking really good with both the trinkets) is also pretty much a "must" for raiding semi-hardcore/hardcore.

Also, I'd recommend (mainly my personal preference) you to switch to Sub if (again) you plan on raiding semi-hardcore/hardcore (Especially mythic-raiding).

This is pretty spot on. As someone who refuses to play sub out of spite/love for assassination: Learn which fights to dump soul cap on. There are quite a few fights where soul cap's proc is detrimental/extremely annoying. Some examples are Reaver(good luck killing a bomb in time if SC pops), Kilrog, kormok (debatable as proper usage negates it), and gorefiend  (DO NOT USE SOUL CAP ON MYTHIC GORE!) as they have downtime or a soul cap proc can cause issues.

For these fights and anytime you aren't using soul cap you should use tracking charm for demons (unless you can cleave mirror) ( i prefer it on xhul over soul cap as i find myself running around exploding every time sc pops) Mirror for both st and cleaving (for council always take this over bleeding hollow (assassination/combat only) Your second trinket should always be bleeding hollow (arch trinket) as it's a huge damage boost for every rogue spec especially sub and assassination. Once you get it you'll notice an incredible boost.

I played assasination till we got progressing onto Mythic bosses, then swapped to sub because it's the most viable spec for single target on mythics , 

But, while I was assasination , class trinket  ( bleeding Hollow ) and Soul cap is the best combination of trinket , 

and as far as i know for assassination mirror of the blade master is not worth using 

that trinket is mainly used for combat for cleave and AOE fights ( such as Hellfire assult , Iskar , Xhul ( in situations )