FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Menriq

Looking for feedback on what I could do different

Here was last night's attempts on heroic Empress. The healers were indicating they were having a hard keeping me up. I don't think my gear is a problem, so looking for feedback from those with more experience to advise what they felt I could have been doing differently. I'm not the greatest at analyzing data, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-8jki75voy58xqjpj/

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nordrassil/Menriq/advanced

Any feedback is greatly appreciated

Menriq:

First off, welcome to the Icy Veins forums! I apologize for not getting back to you sooner - I took a slight absence from the forum aspect of the internet. If you are able to read this then I hope it finds you well.

Unfortunately I cannot provide you with specific details to you on how to improve your survivability; I can only give you generic advice. With that being said I would encourage the following:

• Make sure you are in your appropriate tanking gear. Once this is done, log out so that your armory is updated.
  • Head over to Mr. Robot. Upload your character and then force a reload from the armory.
  • At this point you will want to select a gearing strategy. For me, personally, I use Mr. Robot's "PvE Avoidance Build". This is Shield Block reliant and is my preferred style of play. You can naturally adjust STAM as needed.
  • Head over to Icy Veins Protection Warrior guide and "compare notes". Check your rotation and ability usage. Check stat weights (and compare them to your build on Mr. Robot).
With all this done you can then proceed to make any adjustments needed. When your gear is properly gemmed, enchanted, and reforged you can then work on your rotation and survivability cool downs.

At this point, if you are having issues staying alive, I would review the healer's performance (haha... but seriously. Maybe they're not playing right?). And if the hits are just too big you may want to make adjustments to STAM: get more of it. Lastly... it may be a gear issue. Perhaps you're just not hitting that sweet spot in your gear and appropriate stats to make you a viable tank for the fight. This is an absolute last option, however, and, in my experiences, usually never is the case.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask.