FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Tuco

Black Desert Online

I'm having a ton of fun in BDO. There is so much depth to this game and the twitchy combat is great.

It was out in KR in 2014, but was released in the US this week.

black-desert-online-10-14-15-1.jpg

My guild, PRX ( http://www.prx-guild.com ) is on Edan. I'm playing a Sorcereress. I'm most excited for the siege and castle PvP. In PRX's last game, ArcheAge, we held a castle on one of the toughest servers, Kyrios, from the time they were available to now (15 months!) and had a lot of fun defending it.

Is anyone else playing?

I have a few guildmates that got it, I looked at it but it looked so complex that I felt in order to really enjoy it I would have to go hard mode on it and sink waaaaaaay to much time into the game.

Yea, BDO is decent MMO (with real first "M", unlike many other), I know lots of people playing and praising it.

I am somewhat annoyed with it's visuals, was never fan of eastern styles and kinda over-the-boardy animations, but otherwise have nothing bad to say.

I tried it and it really felt like 2 steps forward and 4 steps back.  The combat is amazing; it's fluid, smooth, and engaging.  The rest of the game systems feel like something straight outta 2001 though.  Money has weight.  Bag space is very limited.  Character progression is done primarily through grinding.  Your storages (banks) are not connected.  (If I deposit something in one town, I have to go back there to retrieve it.)  Your mount is an NPC that you have to track down to ride.  The cash shop is very expensive and contains items that are dangerously close to pay to win.  Overall, I think it's a niche game that will do very well with its target audience, but never reach the numbers of games like WoW, FFXIV, or SW:TOR

• Like 1

I tried it and it really felt like 2 steps forward and 4 steps back.  The combat is amazing; it's fluid, smooth, and engaging.  The rest of the game systems feel like something straight outta 2001 though.  Money has weight.  Bag space is very limited.  Character progression is done primarily through grinding.  Your storages (banks) are not connected.  (If I deposit something in one town, I have to go back there to retrieve it.)  Your mount is an NPC that you have to track down to ride.  The cash shop is very expensive and contains items that are dangerously close to pay to win.  Overall, I think it's a niche game that will do very well with its target audience, but never reach the numbers of games like WoW, FFXIV, or SW:TOR

I have to correct my previous "...nothing bad...", you reminded me of couple other important downsides, countering typically high polish and smoothness.