FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
mystidruid

Need help with a warrior (logs provided)

Hello!

I have a raider that I feel is underperforming.

Armory link - http://us.battle.net...rasami/advanced

Logs (elegon 10 normal) http://www.worldoflo.../9/?s=405&e=980

the site she linked me she uses -

http://maxdps.com/warrior/fury.php

Since the raid she swapped the str/crit gems in yellow slots to pure crit. I believe her CD usage is off. Specifically beserker's rage. she says she has to use it to proc raging blow but I think she isn't doing it correctly. Could someone please help me out?

~Mystidruid

edit: The weapon she has now she won last night. She had 463 weapons the day the logs were recorded.

Edited by mystidruid

You're correct with your concern over her useage of Berserker's Rage (BR).

Reading the combat log from the link you provided:

[20:16:19.110] Murasami Bloodthirst Elegon *47144*

[20:16:19.516] Murasami gains Raging Blow! from Murasami

We see here that BT Crits, thus proc-ing Enrage, allowing the use of Raging Blow (RB) and increased damage done for the next 6 seconds.

From here, she's suppose to use Colossus Smash (CS) and then fill the following 6 seconds with as many high-damageing abilities as she can.

Again, lets look at the combat log

[20:16:19.858] Murasami casts Berserker Rage

[20:16:20.581] Murasami casts Colossus Smash on Elegon

[20:16:20.729] Elegon afflicted by Physical Vulnerability from Murasami

[20:16:20.729] Murasami Colossus Smash Elegon *107020*

And here we see her first mistake - she pops BR before using CS even tho she's already Enraged from the BT Crit before that.

On top of that her CS Crits as well, rendering the use of BR 100% useless, as not only she's loosing subsequential 6 seconds of Enrage but she wastes a stack of RB. (RB can stack 2 times only)

Later in the fight we can see that she's, again, using BR before waiting to see if her CS will Crit, thus proc-ing Enrage and allowing the usage of RB.

[20:17:29.222] Murasami casts Berserker Rage

[20:17:29.776] Murasami Deep Wounds Celestial Protector 20885

[20:17:30.151] Murasami casts Colossus Smash on Celestial Protector

[20:17:30.413] Celestial Protector afflicted by Physical Vulnerability from Murasami

[20:17:30.413] Murasami Colossus Smash Celestial Protector 46770

Something else that I've noticed from the log is that at some point she is using RB a second before CS.

She needs to know that it's okay to delay RB and/or CS if it will allow her to combine them (RB during CS debfuff) for a DPS increase.

Not to be 100% negative:

I noticed that she's switching to Berserker Stance when she's about to take large amount of damage, thus increasing her Rage Generation, which is thoughtful. Posted Image

Take care!

p.s.

This is just my opinion, based on my understanding of the warrior's mechanincs.

I'm in no way an expert in the Warrior Class or theorycrafting or whatever.

Edited by Weeboss
  • Like 1

Thanks so much for the reply! I relayed this information to the warrior in question and received the following reply.

"

I never switch out of Beserker Stance, FYI. With the addon I downloaded, it prompts me when to use my Beserkers Rage. Last night, I don't think it popped up to have me use it at all."

i /facepalmed at that one Posted Image

is this a lost cause?

edit: she wasn't with our raid team last night so i have no logs to confirm the use or non use of beserker's rage

Edited by mystidruid

Thanks so much for the reply! I relayed this information to the warrior in question and received the following reply.

"

I never switch out of Beserker Stance, FYI. With the addon I downloaded, it prompts me when to use my Beserkers Rage. Last night, I don't think it popped up to have me use it at all."

i /facepalmed at that one Posted Image

is this a lost cause?

edit: she wasn't with our raid team last night so i have no logs to confirm the use or non use of beserker's rage

Ouch...

She's suppose to be DPS-ing in Battle Stance and only switch to Berserker Stance if/when she's about to take high amounts of unavoidable damage. Berserker Stance was THE Fury Stance before MoP, this is probably what got her confused to stay in it...

And using an addon for Berserker Rage... I don't know what to say to that one...

Just, tell her to read some guides and to understand the mechanincs behind her class. Not just do what someone told her or what she read. :)

Good luck!

I'm just going to add a small thing here.

MaxDPS's priority list and talent/glyph choices hurt my eyes. This is not how you play a fury warrior.

Icy-veins' guide is pretty well detailed, and Smayael's sticky on the official warrior Battle.net forums are 2 of the best sources you can use.

Get her to read those, fury warrior is tricky to play. Weeboss summed it up pretty well, if there's any other specific issue I can also help with you can let me know here or send me a PM :)

-Rage

• Like 1