FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Bearlolz

5.2 Destro stat priority confusion

Askmrrobot says: hit > crit > haste > mastery

I also could not find any relevant information in the stickies as it gives the stat weighs for extremely high(?) end gear(should stat weighs change that much throughout the same tier?)

this seems extremely weird since in 5.1 mastery was god.

it feels like it should be hit > mastery > crit > haste

since haste has no evident use for destro besides cast times.

Did a simc run for destro spec with my currently-affliction-geared lock, and scaling factors come out at (10k iter):

Intellect=4.31

SpellDamage=3.50

HitRating=3.06

CritRating=1.84

MasteryRating=1.53

HasteRating=0.89

Crit being higher than the others is most likely more of a function of my current affliction ~T14N gearing setup, so YMMV.

The T15H top-end stat weights on the simc site are:

Intellect=5.65

HitRating=4.56

SpellDamage=4.40

MasteryRating=3.04

HasteRating=3.03

CritRating=2.95

I guess all that should be said is to run your own simc to see how your current gear/spec fare, and assign stats accordingly.

First off, stat weights change based on your current reforges. Keep your reforges similar and change things slowly to see effects on stat weights.

Secondly, stat weights do not indicate what you should shove your stats into. It is purely a measure of the DPS gained per point of secondary stats AT THAT PARTICULAR STAT AMOUNT. Also, look at the stat weights at T15H...they're all separated by 0.08. It's pretty clear that secondary stat preference doesn't matter.

Askmrrobot says: hit > crit > haste > mastery

I also could not find any relevant information in the stickies as it gives the stat weighs for extremely high(?) end gear(should stat weighs change that much throughout the same tier?)

this seems extremely weird since in 5.1 mastery was god.

it feels like it should be hit > mastery > crit > haste

since haste has no evident use for destro besides cast times.

Several things here.

1) Talent priority for optimal DPS for Destruction has changed from Grim of Sac to Grim of Supremacy. Since you're not using Sac anymore, Mastery loses value as you're not gaining the 25% buff to Mastery-buffed spells as before. Your pet doesn't benefit from Mastery, so it loses its value more.

2) There are no 'feels' in terms of stat weights like you say it feels like it should be something else. That's an interpretation from previous tiers which is no longer relevant. Try to think of the big picture rather than small details to get an understanding of the details.

3) Haste is used for DoT ticks (Immolate), reduces the duration of Rain of Fire, and increases your mana regeneration on top of reducing your cast time of spells.

You said since Supremacy is yielding higher dps due to the gosac nerf we should drift away from mastery.

I'm prioritizing crit > haste > mastery - therefore dumping everything into crit then haste and reforging out of mastery into hit.

the simcraft shows everything to be ROUGHLY equal but I hate bouncing in between stats.

i've tried with crit and mastery. i'm a little over the haste cap. but as far as i've seen, crit is the same as mastery. and i'm using Supremacy.

soooo.... hit > haste (cap) > mastery = crit.

You said since Supremacy is yielding higher dps due to the gosac nerf we should drift away from mastery.

I'm prioritizing crit > haste > mastery - therefore dumping everything into crit then haste and reforging out of mastery into hit.

the simcraft shows everything to be ROUGHLY equal but I hate bouncing in between stats.

He's also said numerous times that secondary stats aren't a huge overall contributor to your DPS. As long as you aren't pumping them all into hit/exp your DPS will go up with your gear either way.