Mcannon

Back after a break, looking to improve

Sign in to follow this  

2 posts in this topic

Hi guys, so as the title says I'm back on WoW after a bit of time away and I was lucky enough to find an openraid group soon after starting back that helped me get the HC Archi kill.

A quick look at Recount showed me second to last on the meters so I was hoping some of the more experienced boomies here might have some advice based on my logs? I know ilvl difference was a factor in the run but I do feel like I could do with improving in general.

My armory:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bronze-dragonflight/Mcannon/simple

My logs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/twp1M9mAjvTb7JXQ#type=summary&source=23

(P.S. I know there's a similar thread up right now but I didn't wanna go hijacking somebody else's thread)

Hello

Well, you shoud read that similar thread ;) You will find many answers there. However, I will mention main points for you.

Firstly, read, learn and practice opener. As I've mentioned in that thread - it is one of the most important parts of your dps. 

To stress this point - there's my recent Zakuun kill log:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/p3y7RTaVcrFk1A6W#fight=8&type=damage-done&source=14

I've done 19.34m damage in 132 secs (2min 12secs) total. While looking at first 20 secs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/p3y7RTaVcrFk1A6W#fight=8&type=damage-done&source=14&start=2065400&end=2085466

I've done 8.7m damage. That's 45% of my total damage dealt in 15% of total time. I think you can see the benefit of a perfect opener, and it is not that hard to press correct 20-ish button sequence while standing still :) 

Second of all - you used your Incarnation on CD, and your CA on bloodlust. You should allways use them together, just like doing opener. And use them as many times as possible, Currently as your kill was 5:45 it was a correct move to delay CDs till BL, just delay both of them.

Your dot uptime seems fine, 98%, could be 99%+ though, just work on the opener and it will improve as well. 

You casted Starfall during your CA. You should not do that. If you do not have archi trinket - cast starfall and then use CA.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Narii625

VISIT OUR WEBSITE!

SERVER: Illidan
      RAID TIMES: Fridays & Sundays 10pm - 1am Server Time.
      PROGRESSION: Tomb of Sargeras [1/9M 9/9H], Nighthold [3/10M]
      LOOT STYLE: EPGP DKP Reloaded (http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/EPGP)
      CURRENTLY ACCEPTING (915+)
      ALL DPS! (Healing offspec preferable but not required) ABOUT US
      915+ ilvl to trial immediately, but we accept others. 930+ ilvl and 72 artifact lvl for Antorus.

We are looking for skilled and laid back DPS to help fill out our roster for Antorus.

We're semi-casual in terms of time we spend raiding but serious about progression, attendance and performance.

We're a close-knit guild that hangs out in Discord a lot, joking, playing alts, Mythic+, other games or just hanging out. Fun guild events happen monthly!

Overall, we're very social with guild members that actually talk to each other. (18+ required, we talk like pirates!)

New, returning and veteran players welcomed.

Fill out our Guild Application!
      Battle.net ID: LadyPluu#1299, Discord ID: LadyPluu#4473
      Guild Recruitment Officer
      Booty Pirates Website
    • By Violentravi
      Hello,
      The Sworn is recruiting DPS.  We are a Horde guild on Arthas and our current progression is 4/9 Mythic TOS.  We only raid two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 9:05 PM until 12:05 AM Eastern.  Currently, our main goal is to push Mythis TOS progression versus clearing farmed content, please keep this in mind if you wish to join us.
      From you, we would expect 100% attendance during your trial period; after that if you cannot make a raid or will be late it is mandatory to keep the raid leader updated.  In order to continue making good progression while raiding only two nights a week, we expect that you know your class inside-out and will research any bosses you are unfamiliar with prior to raids.
       If you are interested, you can either reply to this thread and link your most recent combat logs for review or hit me up on battlenet, Violentnacho, recruiting officer (violentravi#1826.
      Thank you for your consideration
      Xoxo
      Violentnacho
    • By Nevaera
      Hello there!

<Shadow> on Argent Dawn has been going since 2009. We are a close-knit community and strongly believe in recruiting people who will fit in with us rather than just whoever is topping the meters. We also believe that having a busy RL life with job/family/social commitments and committing to Mythic raiding as a hobby we're all passionate about are not mutually exclusive. We are looking to bolster our line-up to push for Cutting Edge in Antorus.

About us

We progress raid Thursdays and Sundays, 20:00-23:00 and 19:30-22:30 respectively (all times server time)
      We have a non-mandatory farm raid Fridays at 20:30 that socials and alts are welcome to
      We use Discord for voice communication and have an active server to hang out, chat, and organise M+ runs
      We maintain a mature environment - having a laugh is great, but bullying, endless meme-spamming and the like are not welcome
      We believe in learning from your mistakes - you will never be yelled at, but you will be asked whether you know what you did wrong and how you can fix it

What we expect from recruits

Sign up to raids ahead of time and give us a heads-up in case of longer absences
      Be there 15 minutes before raid start and bring your own consumables as back-up to feasts and cauldrons
      Do your homework - research encounters thoroughly and understand them
      Understand and know how to play your class
      Have Discord installed and a working microphone, ready to speak when required but without cluttering up comms with chatter
      You don't need to grind to the point of burn-out, but keep up with AP traits and do M+ to hone your skills and supplement your gear
      Be a team player and bring a positive attitude. Wipes happen in Mythic. Constructive feedback is great, backseat raid leading is not.

What we are currently looking for

A rule that applies to all potential recruits is: We do not recruit for the bench, but we will always take the team that is most likely to defeat the boss and cannot promise everyone they will always be in for every fight. When things are equal in terms of performance and required composition, we much prefer to rotate people in and out over benching someone for an entire night.
      One Healer - Paladin preferred, but any class that isn't priest will be considered
      One Tank - Bear, Brewmaster or Blood DK
      Melee DPS - got one spot for a Rogue
      Ranged DPS - Boomkins, Shadow Priests, Warlocks and Hunters

If this sounds like the guild for you, check us out at shadow-wow.enjin.com or contact the Co-GMs Alec#2922 and NevNev#2669 for more info!

See you in Antorus!
    • By Baes
      Hello fellow raiders!     Stormguard's current progress is 5/9(M) Tomb of Sargeras and we are inviting more friends to join us on soon Mythic adventures! 
      Ranged:
      Druid Hunter Mage Shaman Warlock Melee:
      Rogues Healers:
      Paladin Shaman   Who WE are We are Stormguard - a Mythic, semi-hardcore raiding guild that once upon a time moved from Steamwheedle Cartel to Argent Dawn in search of new friends and adventures. We have years of raiding experience and a great atmosphere in our raids that we value a lot, successfully maintain and are very proud of. We appreciate a good joke, friendly banter and even a good pun! We do not, however, tolerate insults, enraging or any display of aggression - if it will occur- it can earn you a boot from the guild.    Who YOU are You are a gentleman,a lady or a cat, who is mature, has raiding experience, polite and has a good attitude. You are not a drama queen/king/cat, whiner or a grumpy dwarf. You are researching your class's tips and tricks and are always up to date with news and changes. You come prepared, repaired and bearing a good joke for the night and are able to listen/talk using our voice communications. Patience and a good sense of humor are crucial!   Since we reside on an RP server, some of our members are RPers and some are not - which means you are not obligated to RP but you may not disturb or insult in any way others that do so. You shall always remember that you represent our guild when you are out in the wilderness or in the cities and shall behave accordingly.     What our GOALS are Stormguards ultimate goal is to clear each current content tier on mythic difficulty while maintaining a good and friendly atmosphere. We raid 3 times per week: Wednesday, Thursday and Monday evenings from 20.00 to 23.00 server time. We do not normally extend over the raid-end time, unless it is the last encounter and it is agreed with all the raid members. We require our members to attend minimum of 85% of the raids.     For SOCIAL members: We are always welcoming social members. To fulfill social member requirements you actually have to be social! Social members are the soul of the guild and we value them as much as our raiders.   How you can FIND us: Please visit and apply at our guild page: http://stormguard.openlogix.se Please register with your ingame character name for faster approval.