FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Moeshy

Sub Dps help - Please!

Ive recently started playing my rogue again, have decent gear (nothing too great), good trinkets, 4 set etc. No ring yet. armory link below: 

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/Ni%C3%A1r/advanced

If it is showing my combat gear, note the main difference is that I have soul cap as 1st trinket not mirror.

Now, ive been following all the guides, but my dps just seems to be so goddamn low, and im not sure exactly what im doing wrong. Here is an example of a recent archi kill (note i died on 15% ish): 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/BhLdtGAFyWvKV84f#fight=46&type=damage-done&source=408

Please can anyone help me out and let me know what im doing wrong and/or how to improve?

Much appreciated!

First things first, increase the uptime on your Rupture and SnD. 

Secondly, don't die ;). Keep that Feint up all the time if you have to, it's an amazing cooldown when you're taking AoE damage.

You can also tighten up your cooldown use; if you used Shadow Dance on cooldown, you could have fit in an extra use even before your death

Thanks for the fast reply,

Cheers for the advice also - Hadnt even noticed that they had dropped off before i died.

Yeah was a silly mistake one shotted, doesnt usually happen tongue.png

Does my opener look okay? is there anything else i can do there? I just seem to think my dps is much lower than it should be for sub

Thanks for the fast reply,

Cheers for the advice also - Hadnt even noticed that they had dropped off before i died.

Yeah was a silly mistake one shotted, doesnt usually happen tongue.png

Does my opener look okay? is there anything else i can do there? I just seem to think my dps is much lower than it should be for sub

Follow this order exactly for your opener (you want to stack all damage buffs together, this will especially matter when you get the ring)

12 sec left of pull timer - Premeditation

2 sec - Slice and Dice

1 sec - Prepot

Opener: 

Vanish > Shadow Reflection > Rupture > Shadow Dance

You want to use Shadow Reflection before rupture because SR imitate all your abilities. And you always want to open with rupture on the boss because of the buff that it applies; 30% more damage. If you use ambush before applying rupture, you miss out on the damage buff and it will decrease your dps overall. 

Also, using ambush when not in Shadow Dance will reduce the amount of overall ambushes throughout the fight (Shadow Dance reduces the energy cost of Ambush by a large amount), which in turn is also a huge dps loss.

Spam ambush until the damage buff from Vanish drops.

(Dump combo points on as many eviscerates as possible without dropping rupture or slice and dice.

Personally I use my first combo point spender when i reach 10 combo points (Anticipation))

Preparation > Vanish > SnD or Eviscerate

Keep spamming ambush (reapply rupture if needed).

After that, go back to your normal rotation (keeping up SnD on yourself and rupture on your target.)

When you are closing in on another burst phase (1 min after pull), make sure you pool energy, alot. My general rule is to have capped energy, but you never want to be capped for more than ~0,5 - 1 sec.

Edited by TrollgummaN