FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Huffer

Not Connecting

Why does my system say "loading" (and never does) when I hover over a highlighted area? It should be connecting to WOW data base?

Huffer

Does it happen everywhere on the website? Can you give me an example of a link that does not properly load?

Does it happen everywhere on the website? Can you give me an example of a link that does not properly load?

HI Damien ... and thank you for your reply. Virtually anywhere on Icy Veins. I am reading the rotations for a BM Hunter and am trying to look at the description for the different cooldowns. Although they are highlighted, it just says "loading" and I never do get the description. Strange!!!

Thank you ... Huffer

HI Damien ... and thank you for your reply. Virtually anywhere on Icy Veins. I am reading the rotations for a BM Hunter and am trying to look at the description for the different cooldowns. Although they are highlighted, it just says "loading" and I never do get the description. Strange!!!

Thank you ... Huffer

The database we use is WowDB. It's the database from mmo-champion. A few days ago, chaud asked in a new on mmo-c if people had trouble connected to their site and to WowDB. It's possible that you are experiencing some connectivity issues with WowDB and these issues prevent the tooltips from loading properly. What happens when you click a link to WowDB? Does the WowDB page load?

The database we use is WowDB. It's the database from mmo-champion. A few days ago, chaud asked in a new on mmo-c if people had trouble connected to their site and to WowDB. It's possible that you are experiencing some connectivity issues with WowDB and these issues prevent the tooltips from loading properly. What happens when you click a link to WowDB? Does the WowDB page load?

Hi Damien... .yes , if I click the highlighted area it will open the wow.db but it is slow and cumbersome.

Hi Damien... .yes , if I click the highlighted area it will open the wow.db but it is slow and cumbersome.

Then, it's definitely a connectivity issue with wowdb.

Then, it's definitely a connectivity issue with wowdb.

I think I have it. On other sites when I mouse over highlighted areas, it connects to "wowhead.com" and that is where I see the tooltips immediately. But I have to be thinking you have also tried this also. I cannot be the only one having this problem?

Thanks

Huffer

May i ask, why you use WOWDB over wowhead anway?

Wowhead has more useful comments.

The only thing i do on WOWDB ist clicking on the wowhead link. ;-)

Just curious.

May i ask, why you use WOWDB over wowhead anway?

Wowhead has more useful comments.

The only thing i do on WOWDB ist clicking on the wowhead link. ;-)

Just curious.

There are two main reasons, I would say.

First, we like the tooltips from WowDB better. Compare spell_fire_selfdestruct.jpgFlamestrike (Wowhead) and spell_fire_selfdestruct.jpgFlamestrike (WowDB) or ability_creature_poison_02.jpgRampage (Wowhead) and ability_creature_poison_02.jpgRampage (WowDB). Seeing as we rely on these tooltips so much, opting for what we believe to be the better tooltips seem the right course of action.

Second, WowDB is the database of MMO-Champion. Our guides often get featured on MMO-Champion, so it's only natural that we would choose to use the database of people who showed interest in our work, especially when we consider their tooltips to be better.

That said, I want to make it clear that we have nothing against Wowhead. For 18 months, we happily used their tooltips and we still give our forum users the choice to use Wowhead for making links.

• Like 2