FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  

I can't say enough about how much this guide and the video helped me adjust on my attempts. I logged about 40 attempts and after watching this and reading through, especially about the threat dumping, I killed him within 3 attempts of changing to this strategy. I was using the portals before to LOS chaos bolts instead of just letting the threat of the Pit Lord do the heavy lifting.

I can see you put a lot of effort into this and I for one can't thank you enough. Well done sir.

-Hakai

P.S. Green Fire Demonology warlock is an amazing sight.

I registered just so I can thank you for this. I read a bunch of guides, and flailed around at that boss, and yours is the first guide to click with me. The emphasis on controlling the threat level with the Pit Lord just makes a lot of sense.

I haven't defeated him yet, but I now feel like I could, when just this morning I was talking myself into waiting for better gear before trying again. I'll still need tons of repetitions to get there (I am slow to learn fights, and tend to panic at points until I've done it enough times that it slows down), but *shrug* I'll get there.

• Like 1

I also wanted to thank you for this post.

This has been the best one I've seen. I can get through all the phases without problems. I never even get hit with the CB from the boss with dropping my threat every chance I get from the gates,

My problems is on DPS by the time the second Doom Lord comes out the boss is only at 40-50% and my "Tank" the Pit Lord takes way too much damage from the Doom Lords and dies before I can get the boss down.

Just knowing I can get to the point where my Pit Lord dies tells me once I get better gear I will be able to down this will no problems at all.

My item level is only 482 and my warlock is my alt so I'm not the best player when it comes to playing one but I can tell you this after the many attempts I have under my belt I can say I'm a better player when it comes to a warlock :)

Thanks again for the post.

Thanks for the feedback guys Posted Image I really appreciate it!

My item level is only 482 and my warlock is my alt so I'm not the best player when it comes to playing one but I can tell you this after the many attempts I have under my belt I can say I'm a better player when it comes to a warlock Posted Image

Maybe you can try banishing the first DOOM LORD (not pit lord :P) out, it'll be one more thing you have to pay attention to but may make all the difference you need. Posted Image

Edited by Ackthal

Thanks for the feedback guys Posted Image I really appreciate it!

Maybe you can try banishing the first pit lord out, it'll be one more thing you have to pay attention to but may make all the difference you need. Posted Image

Pretty sure you mean Doomguard ;)

• Like 1

Thanks for taking this time to put together and share this guide with our warlock community. I am curious what the minimum item level should be before attempting the quest line and this fight? Awesome video and congrats on the achievement!

I also wanted to thank you for this post.

This has been the best one I've seen. I can get through all the phases without problems. I never even get hit with the CB from the boss with dropping my threat every chance I get from the gates,

My problems is on DPS by the time the second Doom Lord comes out the boss is only at 40-50% and my "Tank" the Pit Lord takes way too much damage from the Doom Lords and dies before I can get the boss down.

Just knowing I can get to the point where my Pit Lord dies tells me once I get better gear I will be able to down this will no problems at all.

My item level is only 482 and my warlock is my alt so I'm not the best player when it comes to playing one but I can tell you this after the many attempts I have under my belt I can say I'm a better player when it comes to a warlock Posted Image

First of all I want to thank Ackthal for this great guide, the best one I've found so far and helped me a lot to get my Green Fire!

I did it as Destruction with 482 ilvl and it was very difficult to post enought dps to kill him before getting just too many demons to handle. Had to go to a 4th imp phase because I guess my dps is a bit low (4th imp phase comes right after the 3rd imps, looks like no more felhunters after the 3rd imp phase)..

My advise if someone is a bit undergeared like me is that just before the 2nd Doom Lord, focus the first one and keep him banished from now on, that way you can dismiss-enslave the pit lord again without having to worry about him losing aggro from the Doom Lord and that way you can also reduce the damage the Pit Lord takes and buy some extra time, you will need the Purification Potion as well to remove the Curse of Ultimate Doom. What I did is to wait until after the 2nd Felhunters, if I was able to get throught that phase then I was drinking the Purification potion.

I hope this advise is helpful and good luck getting your green fire!

Another tip is that after the 2nd felhunters even if he's still at close to 50%, really focus on dpsing him to shadowburn range as soon as possible, then you can line up some very nice damage by pooling embers and getting 4 shadowburns on the 6sec debuff from charge, also dont need to save dark soul anymore because there will be no more felhunters, remember after the 3rd imp phase you will have another imp phase, spend your embers before the imps come because you will have 4 embers again after you kill them.

YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

482 ilvl with green flame!

Thanks again for the post without this I would have never been able to get even close with this item level.

Man! My heart was pounding at the end. Boss down to 10% Pit Lord almost dead.... I was able to banish the one doom lord to buy me some time (which helped)

Next thing I know my pit lord was at 1% and the boss was at 2% and he started to summon the imps again I was like NOOOOOOOO. I just hit him with everything I had and burned down the boss. The boss and the Pit Lord died at the same time.

Thanks again!

Edited by Shadowone
  • Like 1

Congrats Shadowone! I'm glad my post helped!.. The very last part was very exciting for me too, at that time I didnt knew there will come more imps so I was actually getting ready to deal with a 3rd group of Felhunters, so imagine my reaction when I saw imps coming out and my Pit Lord was far away hidden behind a column Posted Image.. Poped everything I had to survive, was sitting at 18% hp and spaming ember tap but my health bar wasnt going up, I actually didnt noticed the health level of my Pit Lord but I´m sure he was very low too.. Finally was able to get my Pit Lord back but everything was a mess by that time with imps everywere. Until somehow while I was still fighting for my life I saw I had some embers and said ok either he dies here or I do.. Charged him with pit lord and did as many shadowburns as I could and it was over.. At first I tought I died because of the way it ends..

Feels really good to have the Green Fire!, specially after that kind of challenge

Congrats you guys! It was definitely a rush for me the numerous times I got him below 10%, this has got to be one of the coolest fights I've done in awhile. I think Blizz should start making solo encounters like this one more often. Maybe we'll get another difficult solo encounter at the end of the Wrathion legendary quest chain.. :)

I been having issues with this boss I keep holding off on it a lot & I got my item level up 15 points since I last tryed and still unable to beat him at 491 item level. I keep making noobish errors like forgetting to keep boss on focus on having a issue with the 60 imps and even if I get past them the felhounds really get me off guard half the time if I could learn to kill the felhounds a little faster & watch its cast a little more I could beat this just been a bit of a pain really want to down him due to if I got it it just make the people in my realm that hate me really mad to a point I think they will cry. My prime spec is Demonlogy I been using Destro for the fight which makes it a lot easyer just I have not use the spec since motp came out so really rusty with it any ideas or pointers on how I can get around this & in Demonlogy I get top 3 in my realms world boss raids due to thats mostly the only thing I get a invite to if lucky so my dps is not that bad well my Demonlogy dps is good my Destro not so much.

some of the things you listed seem to help I just cant pull most of them off in a time limit to th phase changes impsI sometimes end up dealing with them and felhounds so thats basicly my issue along with choking on the felhounds where I forget I got to use some single hit moves

I been having issues with this boss I keep holding off on it a lot & I got my item level up 15 points since I last tryed and still unable to beat him at 491 item level. I keep making noobish errors like forgetting to keep boss on focus on having a issue with the 60 imps and even if I get past them the felhounds really get me off guard half the time if I could learn to kill the felhounds a little faster & watch its cast a little more I could beat this just been a bit of a pain really want to down him due to if I got it it just make the people in my realm that hate me really mad to a point I think they will cry. My prime spec is Demonlogy I been using Destro for the fight which makes it a lot easyer just I have not use the spec since motp came out so really rusty with it any ideas or pointers on how I can get around this & in Demonlogy I get top 3 in my realms world boss raids due to thats mostly the only thing I get a invite to if lucky so my dps is not that bad well my Demonlogy dps is good my Destro not so much.

some of the things you listed seem to help I just cant pull most of them off in a time limit to th phase changes impsI sometimes end up dealing with them and felhounds so thats basicly my issue along with choking on the felhounds where I forget I got to use some single hit moves

I'd suggest either getting some more practice with destruction or just doing the fight with what you're comfortable with (demonology). You can use the same strategy with demonology just make sure that you have almost a full demonic power bar before going into the fel hunter phase. Remember that the fight is a repeat of the same 3 phases with a cataclysm phase change in-between. Take each part of the fight one step at a time and practice. Learn from every encounter, remember your mistakes and try to correct them the next time. Take note of what you forgot to do or what you are having trouble with and work on it.

Good luck!

I'd suggest either getting some more practice with destruction or just doing the fight with what you're comfortable with (demonology). You can use the same strategy with demonology just make sure that you have almost a full demonic power bar before going into the fel hunter phase. Remember that the fight is a repeat of the same 3 phases with a cataclysm phase change in-between. Take each part of the fight one step at a time and practice. Learn from every encounter, remember your mistakes and try to correct them the next time. Take note of what you forgot to do or what you are having trouble with and work on it.

Good luck!

Thank you for the info I may try just that I have been finding if I build my demonic fury to cap for imp phase I can take them al down in just a few sec with some massive aoe and dark soul got the full sha skin set so that lowers my dark soul cool down but I may need to save that for fel hound phase for some kick. Most of the stuff you listed so far has gotten more a lot colser to beating this thing but by the time I get into fel hound phase I only taken his health down by around 30% using destro & I am going to keep trying even if I spend over 30kg on repairs

found the pit lord issue I was having well another noobish error really I was clicking the flame breath macro so I need to get use to not using that on fel hounds & I am able to take his health down by around 35% maybe a little more by the time the first fel hound phase starts so I dont think my destro dps is that bad any more so now its a metter of getting the hang of killing 3 fel hounds so I think I got to shadowfury them stun them off & make sure I use my demonic gateway as I kill them so I dont get blasted by kan ret had ebon lock e to me his name seems like blizzard did not use much thinking due to Kan sounds more like rat Ret sounds like the pally & had as in had it with the wipes then ebon sounds like he is unholy as ebon then locke sounds to be lock since he is a lock.

New issue is I put pitlord where you did in the video right after cata is cast and stop & I agro all 3 fel hounds on to me they now die reather fast & I still have a issue with some how one of them breaking my demons enslave & yes I learn to stop making that noobish error of clicking one of its moves I really dont see how or is there 4 fel hounds

Edited by Sethdarkus

Is there any way to deal with the annoying imp? he is funny but keeps killing me by interrupting my casts xD

Whats happening is seed of terrible destruction is ticking on you, make sure that you are dispelling all of your debuffs with Fel Flame Breath and use cauterize master/unbound will when your Pit Lord is out of range.

Got to the 2nd Felhunter phase last night, and my pitlord was beating on me. I never got a warning he was dispelled... then I realized I forgot to re enslave him on the doomlord phase.

That being said what HP should the boss be by the time you reach the various phases?

Is there any way to deal with the annoying imp? he is funny but keeps killing me by interrupting my casts xD

Seed of Terrible Destruction: A debuff that will expire after 15 seconds, randomly applying one of three effects.

1.) Annoying Imp: This is an undispelable debuff, an Imp will latch on to you and interrupts casting and stops movement every 2-3 seconds.

2.) Void Zone: Knocks you back about 20 yards and generates a void circle about 10 yards in diameter at point of knockback. If you step into this void circle it will suck you in and trap you while doing continual damage, eventually killing you.

3.) Backfire: Debuff that provides a 25% damage increase.

I love how they made that thing like a script I got in the working. The script A if it picks a random number from 1-10 it delete your hard drive if it picks a number from 11-20 say good bye to your bios & 3 if it picks a number from 21-100 basicly you will end up with a lost of control of keyboard so that script I am working on is basicly the same as that Seed of Terrible Destruction.

full work on finding that out goes to Ackthat.

you can dispell in one of 3 ways use the fel flame breath on your self,singe magic or you can use the talent unbound will

AMAZING GUIDE! when i had everything straight it took me 3 tries to beat him, forget everything about jumping back and forth, let the pet tank and its a win! thank you sooooo much for this guide.

Kaapsi-eonar 487 ilvl beated him 10 min ago. if u survive 2x imps, 2x fel hunters and 2x doomlords, he will ONLY cast imps form that point. very nice to know if u like me not could get him down such as fast as in the video:) very hard fight, but defi doable, and so much easier this way.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

• Like 1