FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  

The only issue I seem to have is with the hounds thinking I should wait to around tonight to this group of people that invited me to help dps for a past motp raid due to I only did them off raid finder due to my realm is not the most active when it comes down to motp raids so I am thinking of just leaving the realm on my warlock thing is got no idea of what be a nice active raid realm to go to & if you want to look at my armor which I think needs a little more work here a link to my warlocks armor http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/draktharon/Sethdarkus/simple My armor is mosty off raid finder for the 5.1 so working on rep with shado-pan assualt to try & gear off the vp vendor in 1 weeks getting a belt upgrade off it due to this week burned it on a trinket that ups my intell by 1.4k & gives off haste time to time as I attack. trinkets I like to use are basicly trinkets that have a buff that turns on by attacking due to less things for me to use due to the less I got to key bind or click the better for me but I mostly only use trinkets that give off haste due to mostly they got a intell buff that turns on time to time along with trinkets are give intell due to they give off haste adding lesser time on my spell cast along with a nice intell amp want to maybe find a group to do the thunder king raid on normal or heroic so I can get the breath of hydra that thing is epic to me due to it gives what I need which is more haste with a sick intell buff

AMAZING GUIDE! when i had everything straight it took me 3 tries to beat him, forget everything about jumping back and forth, let the pet tank and its a win! thank you sooooo much for this guide.

Kaapsi-eonar 487 ilvl beated him 10 min ago. if u survive 2x imps, 2x fel hunters and 2x doomlords, he will ONLY cast imps form that point. very nice to know if u like me not could get him down such as fast as in the video:) very hard fight, but defi doable, and so much easier this way.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

so how you let the pet tank on fel hound phase that goes badly trust me I made a noobish error where I did just that by miss clickign and clicking its breath of fire when I was trying to cast a bolt to kill the hound so I ended up dead I am losing hope in this I seem to have issues with the hounds if I can master the phase I got this in the bag

Ok think I found my issue once & for all I should wait 10 days to my priest is able to make my warlock a Jade Spirit enchant along with trying to get breath of hydra out of the thunder king raid finder & if that does not do it a few days after the enchant is made I should be able to recap vp& buy a nice belt upgrade which should by then give me all the dps I need to 1 shot or 2 shot fel hounds using a lovely combo one of my battle tag friends hooked me up with one of their lock friends that got it he thinks I am able to do the fight as my armor is he showed me a few combos with destro I did not think of & I think I just need a little more time due to its not like I can make that enchant any time soon as it is due to I only got one enchanter

Edited by Sethdarkus

Zagam don't know when you cast soulshatter or use demonic Gateway to lose agro and not get the chaos bolt but it sure doesn't work for me I sure get the CB in the face. Of course I can LOS the CB but I wanted to try it your way, doesn't work for me.

There is still one basic I haven't seen explained yet: How do you GET to Kanrethad with your gear repaired? Is it possible to leave the scenario and get a repair without having to start all over again? Is it possible to resume the scenario?

Ackthal I have read many strat guides and watched as many videos of this fight, and I believe yours is among the best. The idea of managing threat through the use of the Gateway is solid, and it does indeed make the encounter more manageable.

That said, I am curious to know what you think about iLevel as it pertains to this fight. After hundreds of attempts, it is clear that my brain simply isn't capable of processing everything perfectly through numerous summoning cycles while simultaneously burning Kanrethad. I'm currently at iLvl 495, which apparently isn't nearly high enough to compensate for my blundering brain.

I routinely get through to the second set of felhounds, but by then I am coming apart on the mechanics and Kanrethad is barely half-way down.

For me, it's looking like iLvl 522+ before I'll have enough firepower to deal with this cat and these crazy mechanics.

Ackthal I have read many strat guides and watched as many videos of this fight, and I believe yours is among the best. The idea of managing threat through the use of the Gateway is solid, and it does indeed make the encounter more manageable.

That said, I am curious to know what you think about iLevel as it pertains to this fight. After hundreds of attempts, it is clear that my brain simply isn't capable of processing everything perfectly through numerous summoning cycles while simultaneously burning Kanrethad. I'm currently at iLvl 495, which apparently isn't nearly high enough to compensate for my blundering brain.

I routinely get through to the second set of felhounds, but by then I am coming apart on the mechanics and Kanrethad is barely half-way down.

For me, it's looking like iLvl 522+ before I'll have enough firepower to deal with this cat and these crazy mechanics.

Hey Toyboxx,

Thanks for your positive feedback, I really appreciate it :)

As far as ilevel goes; I have a lock on my server who finished him in almost all pvp gear (about 100 attempts later :P). I think it comes down to individual playstyle and familiarity with the fight. When I was learning the fight it was very intense and I was almost overwhelmed with everything, but I just took one phase at a time and perfected each part of the fight until it came to me without thinking. I think with your ilevel you should be able to down him with some practice.

For you I'd recommend stocking up on food, flasks, and potions, heading to black temple and just put in as many attempts as you can. Don't try to kill him, instead focus on perfecting the mechanics of each phase.

Good luck!

There is still one basic I haven't seen explained yet: How do you GET to Kanrethad with your gear repaired? Is it possible to leave the scenario and get a repair without having to start all over again? Is it possible to resume the scenario?

I'm sure you've figured it out by now, but yes you can leave the scenario and pick it back up on the final stage. I always flew to sanctum of the stars for repair.

I'm sure you've figured it out by now, but yes you can leave the scenario and pick it back up on the final stage. I always flew to sanctum of the stars for repair.

Ok, so when I get to the final stage, I can leave it, then come back to the final stage? Because all attempts I've made so far to leave have meant I had to start over again. Is this something specific to the final stage?

Thanks for the help. I'm just starting this.

just created acc to say thx for good guides/s im now green Posted Image

downed him in about 5:00-5:10 most helpful was chaos bolt LoS and forcing fel puppy to watch different way then pit lord is (+ macros ect)

dunno which one guide i was using most likely something from everything and adapted it to myself

pps there is one little think when you alredy was in last stage and die on trap event leading to reliquary you will get ported directly to last stage

Edited by Scorp
  • Like 1

Hey Toyboxx,

Thanks for your positive feedback, I really appreciate it Posted Image

As far as ilevel goes; I have a lock on my server who finished him in almost all pvp gear (about 100 attempts later Posted Image). I think it comes down to individual playstyle and familiarity with the fight. When I was learning the fight it was very intense and I was almost overwhelmed with everything, but I just took one phase at a time and perfected each part of the fight until it came to me without thinking. I think with your ilevel you should be able to down him with some practice.

For you I'd recommend stocking up on food, flasks, and potions, heading to black temple and just put in as many attempts as you can. Don't try to kill him, instead focus on perfecting the mechanics of each phase.

Good luck!

The feedback is well-deserved. I truly admire those of you who make these ridiculously complex fights look so easy. I appreciate the good advice. I'll take a little rest for now - my head still hurts from the stress ;) but get back at it later with a little different focus.

Thanks again!

@Ackthal, I made an account to thank you for your guide. What was holding me back were the felhunters and, to a lesser extent, the Doomlords.

I invested way, way too many hours into trying to learn someone else's method of doing the Fel hunters, which was to park my Pit Lord just to side of the large gate and then have him charge the Fel hunters. This worked for me once or twice, but time and time again, it was a failed approach.

It is when I started trying to learn your methods for the Fel hunter phase, as well as for the Doom lords, that things started turning around for me.

Granted, there are a couple of things I did differently than you, such as with portaling to los the Chaos Bolts, but your techniques that I did adopt are what ultimately got me through this.

I didn't keep an exact log of all my attempts but would estimate them to be about 125 in total. I think it would be significantly less than that, had I found your thread here sooner.

I've really struggled with this and I was hoping for some pointers. My warlock (Herpecin@anub'arak, can't link armory at work) is modestly geared (LFR) but I have been playing this toon since Vanilla with 90+ days /played and I'm quite familiar with the class as a whole. Yet, I am still getting face-melted. I want to say that I'm experiencing a bug, but I am probably just plain missing something.

My biggest problem is that I'm having trouble keeping Kanth aggro'd on the pit lord. Are there other macros I can use to control the demon?

The way I have my UI and binds, I don't use the default ctrl+# pet controls. Usually, I am not so pressed that I can't simply click the ability or move pet icon with little risk. If I take my eye off anything on this fight, I will die. There is a level of micro-management I am not used to, so I'm hoping maybe there are addons or additional macros someone could suggest?

I have managed to get past the second lot of fel imps (yay me) but only just. For some reason I found it really hard taking them down without getting agro on the doomguard, I took too long and then the fel hounds came along before i could get my pit lord away. Although, even if i didnt get my pit lord away, chaos bolt would of killed me (which it did). So, im wondering how to deal with all this with the doomguard thrown in.

Use your Gateway more to drop aggro. Have your Pit Lord attack the 2nd Doomguard for like 5 seconds, then go back to Kan. Spam the usage of your Gateway to keep threat at 0. Pit Lord won't die before you should win.

• Like 1

After more attempts than I can count, Toyboxx is now GREEN baby! This is indeed about thoroughly understanding how to handle each of the summons to the point where it is automatic, so you can focus on managing threat and nuking the boss.

I used the Demonic Gateway regularly to keep the boss focused on the Pit Lord and to avoid the Chaos Bolts completely.

To handle the imps, I positioned the Pit Lord near the portal, shielded with Sacrificial Pact, dropped Rain of Fire a couple of times, then did a F&B / Incinerate macro a couple of times and had the Pit Lord do a single Fel Flame.

I used Unbound Will and Soul Shatter to cleanse and drop aggro to start the Felhunter stage. Having full embers and Conflag charges allowed me to nuke the Felhounds quickly.

I let the Pit Lord simply tank the Doomguards.

My iLvl was 496, and I did use a purification potion to get some extra time. I needed two full cycles of summons, and two more imp phases after the second Doomguard to finally down Kanrethad.

Thanks again to Ackthal for providing the base strat I used to get it done!

Edited by Toyboxx
  • Like 1

GREAT STRAT! After trying 4 differnt ones, I used 99.999% of this one and got my fire yesterday!! My ONLY change, and its a VERY slight one, was in the positioning of the Gates. instead of having them going towards and way from the summons gate, I put them to the left and right of it. about 7 yards from the summoning stone to start the fight. 2 reasons for it. First, when i would start moving in for the Imp phase, I would get to close to the gate like a nub and shoot myself away. though Its not devistating to the fight, its a pain and would shake me up enough that I would screw things up.. Second. For the Fell hunter phases, I would use it to not only help drop aggro when he goes to summon them pups, but It got me going in the right direction after I told the pit lord to hide his large ass on the other side of the portal.

THANK YOU for taking the time to make this! Its absolutly the reason I have green fire!

Just adding My ilvl 494 at the time

Edited by Shaun
  • Like 1

I also joined just to give some input and thank Ackthal. This guide was fantastic... the level of detail was great, and I literally pieced apart the video to finally get this boss down. My kill was actually extremely clean - and I did it with a 495 iLvl.

Some things that helped me personally along the way (trying to say new things rather than repeat others):

- Before the fight I put a raid marker in the corner where I would plan on sending the Pit Lord to hide from the Fel Hunters. This way, if I got disoriented during the fight, I'd always know where I would be sending the Pit Lord. Always send him earlier rather than later. More on this one!

- In the first phase before the imps, I stood exactly where the warlock does in the video. I used the gateway two times from green and then right after I used the charge to stop the first Cataclysm, I'd walk over to the far gateway and dps/breath. Then a few seconds before the Imp Phase, I'd gate over to where the imps come out. The key here that no one has mentioned before that helped me is before the imp phase was to wait a little bit before going through the gate even if you have aggro. This way, when the imps are being nuked down, you have a little extra time with Kanrethad aggroing the Pit Lord instead of you.

- I macro'd Ember Tap + Immolate for this fight.

- It's very important that, BEFORE the Fel Hunter phase, like 5-8 seconds after you interrupt Cataclysm, to immediately send the Pit Lord into the corner. Then right after that, don't worry about dps, but rather running through the gate again. I had about 3-4 attempts right towards the end where I'd get Chaos Bolted while I was killing the third Fel Hunter in the second wave.

- In the Fel Hunter Phase, I'd hit Dark Soul as well as use a Healthstone (this was key to be at high life) along with the other cooldowns mentioned to clear off the debuffs and aggro. I would Conflagrate + Chaos Bolt the first one, then cast Havoc on the second one, and kill the third one with Conflagriate/Chaos Bolt (which would hit the second one for some damage). Also, I'd Rain of Fire/Shadowfury to get some extra damage on them if necessary. Why has no one else mentioned Havoc yet???

- After the Fel Hunter phase I had two main goals: 1. Hit Ctrl + 1 to get the Pit Lord back towards the boss before getting him to Charge, and 2. Run directly through the Demonic Gate. Gate First, Dps Later!

- The real reason this fight gets tricky towards the end is because the Doom Lords are distracting, but they are actually harmless. If you can quickly attack them with the Pit Lord (Ctrl + 1) and then get him right back on the boss, that should be enough. All the while, it's quite important to run through the gate here, and ignore dps for this small step and make sure to run through the gateway and use the breath.

- Lastly, right after I successfully got the 2nd Doom Lord onto the boss, I'd run through the gate again, and then I would drink the Potion to clear the enrage timer debuff.

I think I got him down after the fourth Imp Phase. The key was to stay composed even if things got a little messy. Always stand near the gate!

Good luck. It was a really nice to finally down it, yet feels silly knowing how much effort I put into learning a fight I'm not going to kill more than once. :)

• Like 1

Thank you thank you thank you!!! With your guide I was finally able to defeat Kanrethad and get my green fire, 15 minutes before my raid no less!! ~50 attempts before I was finally able to down him. I'm shaking I'm so excited.

Edit: Ilvl 497 throughout all attempts, 3 days total.

Edited by sortokk
  • Like 1

The guide is excellent, however after 2 days I still cant beat him. I would be willing to pay a reasonable amount of cash or wow gold to anyone who could defeat him for me. I simply do not have the required time, skill and patience to do it myself. If anyone can help pls email me to peteruk01(at)gmail.com. Thank you

• Like 1

Dear Ackthal

I just created an account to thank you for all the help you've given me to beat this epic encounter !

Many many thanks for the PERFECT strategy you came up with.

I can say i'm a very average player and manage to get the boss down (with invulnerability potion) with no dps problem.

For those of you still trying to down him :

Be very careful with your positioning : always behind Kan so that the Pit Lord's fel flame breath can dispel you AND damage Kan (it's a huge damage output on the whole fight)

Thanks again Ackthal

And for all my fellow warlocks out there : Keep trying ! it's worth it Posted Image

Edit : ilvl 492 and 4 days of tries

Edit 2 : I'm still shaking with the excitement :)

Edited by Shazaar
  • Like 1

Thanks again for all of your feedback! :)

A problem that seems to be occurring is people are getting their enslave demon dispelled by the felhunters even if their Pit Lord is LoS behind a pillar. Make sure that when you position your Pit Lord behind the pillar that you don't set him up against any surface. Give him a little room on each side. There's a glitch where if he's up against a pillar or wall the felhunters will be able to dispell your inslave demon.

• Like 1