FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
tombelaine

Is mixology nerfed for spirit flask?

Mixology is the alchemist profession bonus. All other professions have bonusses aligned with gems, elt's consider the healer situation:

blacksmiths get 2 extra sockets = 320 int or 640 spirit

enchanters get ring enchants for 320 int (ouch, if you like spirit)

leatherworkers get to replace the wrist chant of 180 int by a chant for 500 int, so +320

etc., etc. etc.

Enters the alchemist with mixology: your int flask is worth 1320 int instead of 1000. so +320 int, OK.

But should you flask for spirit: 1480: +480 instead of +640 for a BS?????? WTF??????

Do I get things wrong or is the balance off?

Mixology is the alchemist profession bonus. All other professions have bonusses aligned with gems, elt's consider the healer situation:

blacksmiths get 2 extra sockets = 320 int or 640 spirit

enchanters get ring enchants for 320 int (ouch, if you like spirit)

leatherworkers get to replace the wrist chant of 180 int by a chant for 500 int, so +320

etc., etc. etc.

Enters the alchemist with mixology: your int flask is worth 1320 int instead of 1000. so +320 int, OK.

But should you flask for spirit: 1480: +480 instead of +640 for a BS?????? WTF??????

Do I get things wrong or is the balance off?

You're not getting things wrong. I mean, I don't know if your values are correct, but there are other professions suffering from the same issues. It's even worth for Jewelcrafters. Compare 2x inv_jewelcrafting_dragonseye05.jpgBrilliant Serpent's Eye and 2x inv_jewelcrafting_dragonseye04.jpgSparkling Serpent's Eye.