FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
kythrax

Addons for Destro 5.2?

Looking for something to display charges of Backdraft in a way similar to AffDots, or any other graphically noticeable manner. Sick of trying to hunt through two/three rows of tiny icons looking for it mid-fight.

I'm not sure of an addon, but it should be the only thing you have to keep track of. If you're worrying about not using Chaos Bolt with 3+ charges, what I do is ALWAYS cast at least 1 Incinerate after using Conflagrate. I try not to use Conflagrate back to back outside of my opener so that I know I always have less than 3 charges. I would think suggesting a comment to the Affdots author would be helpful as he could likely very easily add that just as he did Rain of Fire.

Looking for something to display charges of Backdraft in a way similar to AffDots, or any other graphically noticeable manner. Sick of trying to hunt through two/three rows of tiny icons looking for it mid-fight.

what add-ons do you currently use? you may already have something installed and not realize you can make it work the way you want it to

what add-ons do you currently use? you may already have something installed and not realize you can make it work the way you want it to

Affdots and ForteXorcist. I'm probably going to dump FX since its horribly out of date and I just don't feel like manually updating it for all the new trinkets & timers.

WTB up-to-date cooldown tracker, too :D

Affdots and ForteXorcist. I'm probably going to dump FX since its horribly out of date and I just don't feel like manually updating it for all the new trinkets & timers.

WTB up-to-date cooldown tracker, too Posted Image

standard blizzard UI?

Find a way to make your Havoc CD be easily seen. It can be pretty easy to forget about it every 25 seconds.

I like to use the 'need to know' addon, just type in what debuff/buff/spell u like. good with backdraft, it shows you how many charges you have.

You can set up icons for both Havoc and Backdraft using weakauras, the same way u set up trinket procs to show for affliction. here's a link to the Youtube clip i used to teach me how to use WeakAuras:

It's kinda long but very thorough.

If you know anything about coding or editing .lua files, I'd STRONGLY recommend the EventHorizon Continued addon. I think you need to do a manual download from wowinterface, but it's really strong and VERY configurable. It's also not user friendly, but if you put in the time (and I knew nothing about .lua before this addon) you'll start to get the hang of configuring it.

Out of the box (without .lua edits) you can track the following with it:

Immolate dot timer

Backdraft charges

Conflag Cd

Dark Soul (both when the buff is active, and when it's CD is up)

Curse of the Elements

I made some quick changes to make it also track my rain of fire and manage my havoc CD.

I've used tellmewhen in the past, but recently I was looking at its memory usage and it's quite high. Given that I also use weakauras for a few things, it didn't make sense to keep such a demanding addon in my package.

Edited by Scaran

Good suggestion.

For those still comfortable with Affdots, Affdots for Destruction covers Backdraft charges, Rain of Fire duration, and Immolate duration and spell power. TukUI shows me Dark Soul duration and Curse of Elements as well as all of my trinkets, enchants, and profession procs above my nameplate. This is heavily customizable, so each person can find what works for them.

I have weakaura showing me immolate, backdraft, and when I have Chaos Bolt ready to go. Everything else, i manually track. *shrug*

As somebody mentioned before, TellMeWhen, hands down. It does everything that has been mentioned on this thread, and almost out of the box.

i.e. I have a group of icons called Destro.CDs, it shows Conflag CD, Backdraft charges, it shows CB when it is/should be used (has 2 conditions: 1: gray out when backdraft charges is >2, 2: grays out when not enough resources (embers), it shows Havoc CD, and lights up a shadowburn icon when taret <20%.

This addon has so much potential, crazy stuff can be setup. i.e. I have a GTFO group of icons that light up to warm me of stuff (i.e. boss debuff on me that harms my raid mates), I have another group that reminds me to be well fed, flasked up, int buff and summon a pet Posted Image

As for tracking dots, I use primarily: classtimer, and secondarily affdots.

To track trinket/other procs I also use classtimer.

And lastly, I use tiddy nameplates, but only to show when I have aggro. It can show the dots/debuffs on a target above their nameplate, but I found it too messy and clogs up my screen, but I mention it since somebody may need that functionality.

I also use Quartz castbar, but maybe somebody can recommend be a different castbar addon that is kept up to date? I only need it for the castbar (as it includes a latency indicator and channelling ticks -for when playing Affliction-).

Edited by Wolland