FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Grounding Totem for Ice Lance against Hagara

I'm not sure if it does or if it ever did.

My wife plays an Enhance Shammy and when we'd raid i'd here a steady stream of "GODDAMN TOTEM ISNT WORKING!" when Ice Lance would pop up.

I don't think it would matter either way since it would only absorb one of the Ice Lances, correct? And since absorbing only one would be mostly pointless, why bother even trying to use it? If anything, see if it absorbs Hagara's Shattering Ice.

Funtip: If you have a DK, he can steal Shattering Ice and do 200k per cast with it. Not bad for a global.

I think it used to I'm pretty sure that I saw that somewhere.

Shall find out tomorrow for ya by trial and error...

You are probably right... sadly our shammy was a no show however we did have a rather nice raid. Only had one druid as well, often we end up taking three...

I think it does work.

our shamy dropped his totem on monday night while we were dying a lot..

i ran past the grounding totem and it seemed to have taken about 3 shots of ice lance before i ran past it again.

I swear doesn't work I tried several times and seem to make no difference I do not even bother any more

Thank you, I have updated the Hagara guide ;)

spell_nature_groundingtotem.jpgGrounding Totem

"...will redirect one harmful spell cast on a nearby party member to itself..."

I have an enhance and a resto shammy. I put one on each group and ask them both to put down the totems on the last shattering (right after the last Focused Assault), that is the dangerous one, the other ones are not a concern.

The totem is party wide, not raid wide. If both my shamans put their totems down, the shattering will be redirected. We never tried to redirect Ice Lance, since its not a problem for us.