FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Camberwell

Simple Shaman macro help

Good day folks,

sorry if this seems a bit silly, but this macros doesnt work....

/cast Flame Shock
/cast Searing Totem

yet i can do ancestral guidance and then flame shock, both instant the same as totem and flame shock

am i doing something wrong please

thankyou
Martin

You can use macros without a target, the problem is that Flame Shock triggers a GCD (global cooldown), which doesn't allow you to cast Searing Totem (which is on the GCD, meaning it can't be used if the GCD is "rolling").  Ancestral Guidance doesn't trigger a GCD, so you are free to cast another ability directly afterwords within a macro.

ok thanks guys,

ok I have a query also, could someone possibly give me a clue as to how i could make a macro to achieve this....

if proc (Lava Surge)

/stopcasting

/cast Lava Burst

otherwise

/cast Lava Burst

i hope you can understand what i'm after here, basicaly if the Lava Surge procs i want to be able to press Lava Burst and it stops casting whatever is casting at that time so i can instantly lava burst, otherwise just normaly cast lavaburst when the current cast is finnished like normal

thanks in advance

Martin

You can't do something like that.  Or any kind of If, then, else statement, or other logical operation for that matter, in a macro.  What you'd have to do is have 2 buttons, one is the normal Lava Burst button (not a macro) and a second that is the following macro:

#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/stopcasting
/cast Lava Burst

You might not need the second /stopcasting (which is in there to stop Auto Attack swing timers).  In general, you can use any sort of Slash Command in the WoW API within a macro.

I also have a macro question...I'm trying to get an all-in-one burst macro for elemental and am having trouble because 2 of the items/spells are on the GCD. This is what i have....

#showtooltip Ascendance
/cast Totem Mastery
/use Draenic Intellect Potion
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
/cast Ascendance
/cast Elemental Mastery

Now i want to add in the last thing, Fire Elemental, but it is on the GCD which Totem Mastery already uses. My question is is there a way to put a delay into the macro so it will also cast fire elemental?

On 7/26/2016 at 2:43 AM, Conso said:

I also have a macro question...I'm trying to get an all-in-one burst macro for elemental and am having trouble because 2 of the items/spells are on the GCD. This is what i have....

#showtooltip Ascendance
/cast Totem Mastery
/cast Ascendance
/cast Elemental Mastery

Now i want to add in the last thing, Fire Elemental, but it is on the GCD which Totem Mastery already uses. My question is is there a way to put a delay into the macro so it will also cast fire elemental?

I'm not playing dps spec as my main, so if I'm mistaking - sorry in advance.

As far as I remember, totems are always being cast before everything else and before the pull both not to waste a couple of GCDs on the start of the fight and to scale Elemental's power with your further buffs.

I wouldn't force in one macro a lot of abilities with very different CDs too.

You have to keep a potion out of macro or have it twice - once in a macro and another one on the Action Bars because while pre-pot is always cast before the pull, the timing of the second pot highly depends on the encounter. I wouldn't macro a potion together with TM too because TM doesn't have a CD so you can use your second pot accidentally when pressing TM.

You can macro Elemental Mastery together with trinkets if they are "on use" in something like this:

#showtooltip Elemental Mastery

/cast Elemental Mastery

/use 13
/use 14

but Ascendance (15 sec) should be cast after Elemental Mastery (20 sec) and after the first Lava Burst, otherwise you loose one LB CD.

So in terms of cast priorities it should be (imo): Fire elemental > Totem Mastery+pre-pot > Pull > Flame Shock > Elemental Mastery + "on-use" trinkets > Lava Burst > Ascendance > Lava Burst spam.

On 26.07.2016 at 3:43 AM, Conso said:

#showtooltip Ascendance
/cast Totem Mastery
/cast Ascendance
/cast Elemental Mastery

Use /castsequence