FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
BetweenTheBamboo

Class help

Hey, So I main a mage, and use to main a hunter. I have a priest at 90 but rarely use it.

Lately I have been able to do enough DPS on easy bosses (first boss in ToES and Garalong style fights where they are kinda pathwork) Lately I notice that if I have to move a lot to avoid mechanics (Tsulong, Horridon and such) that my dps drops by almost half or more and I start to get frantic and forget how to mage.

So 2 things, 1 is there any top end mages willing to help someone who has learning disabilities learn how to mage?

2. If I am struggling with range caster dps, do you think melee dps or tank dps would suit me better? I am building a druid and could build a paladin (this is to have access to all 4 class styles, Range / melee dps, heals, tank)

If so, what are some "easily" manageable melee dps / tank classes ? I am about to make the character now with my buddy.

It really all depends, when you have to move and stop a spellcast it really hurts DPS unless you have an instant cast or DOT to keep things going. Arcane Mages are really bad about this. I suggest that if you are watching your DPS meter and freaking out to just turn it off.

Each class has an advantage and disadvantage, mele generally just deal with the stuff and move only if they have to but generally take a lot more damage. Ranged generally do not have the armor to soak damage and have to move out of it or risk death and when a ranged takes less damage they allow the heals that would have been used on them to be placed on a tank/mele player.

As far as easily manageable I play a warrior and the style suits me and button mashing (Arms) but I can do respectable DPS with most any class I have maxed though my lock is often a lot more fun for some odd reason especially solo. I would try some out and see what you like. . . I have 11 toons on a realm and generally play each one a little bit until I find one I like. My least favorite are druids, rogues, hunters and priests so far, LOL but I am working them up some as well.

hey, im a ilvl 499 frost mage, and on these fights i never drop dps, as i keep my tempest up at all time, and make sure that if i need to move fast and i know about it then save a few procs for the movement so you still crit for 150k+, ths keeps you dps, i also use these talents:

PoM, Ice Barrier, Ring of Frost, Cauterise, Nether Tempest, Invocation,l the RoF can be changed to any other as in these its not really needed, but it helpswith the CC on the Lei Shi fight.

i hope this helps and if yu have any questions comment to this or post a message on my page.