Wurm

World PvP on a PvE server

7 posts in this topic

I'm a bit new to WoW and as such I'm little confused about the server differences. How does World PvP function on a PvE server as compared to a PvP server? I understand that on a PvP server players on the opposing faction can attack you whenever they wish in a contested area but how does it work on PvE servers? Can you flag yourself for PvP on a PvE server if you wish to participate in World PvP?

Thank you for the response, Mutterkorn. How does the flag work? Is there an icon next to player names when they are flagged?

Yes you can. Simply type /pvp and you are flagged.

And there is a small faction icon on your Unit Frame.

Edit: I am not sure how long it lasts, but i think if you turned it on manually, you have to turn it off the same way. Only difference: If you turn it off, it will take five minutes until it really turns off.

The same happens, if you turn it on by attacking a guard or a member of the opposite faction. But i think here it turns off automatically five minutes after your last hostile action.

Edited by Mutterkorn

Thank you both for the information, I greatly appreciate it!

Edit: I am not sure how long it lasts, but i think if you turned it on manually, you have to turn it off the same way. Only difference: If you turn it off, it will take five minutes until it really turns off.

The same happens, if you turn it on by attacking a guard or a member of the opposite faction. But i think here it turns off automatically five minutes after your last hostile action.

Your name is a different colour (green) when you are flagged for PvP

• Like 1

Additionally, if you have PvP quests, they will automatically flag you until the quests are completed or dropped (with a 5 min timer before flag expires)

You will have a resident pvp flag after exiting BGs for 5 minutes

One other thing, if it's Red, it's Dead

Edited by dngnb8

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Talethiel
      We've cleared heroic multiple times and are recruiting to build an unstoppable mythic team for BfA raiding! Fur fun we do all kinds of content like achievement runs and PVP. 
      We raid on thursdays and sundays 20:30-23:30 server time. We expect everyone to be on discord during raid times. We are searching for committed players that want to become a part of our team and don’t just want to grab a quick curve. So please have either already cleared heroic or at least multikills on other bosses. 
      Right now we are looking for more HEALERS and RDPS (especially a SHAMAN). We do consider all classes and specs though. Minimum itemlevel 945. 
      If you’re interested feel free to add me on batlle.net (Vefreas#2920) or contact me on discord (Vefreas#9038).
    • By ase9900
      what will i lose if i Character Transfer to another realm ?
      is there som kinds of limets to amount of gold
      gear in bags and bank
    • By gregn6238
      Hey guys, I'm doing a small study looking into why players chose to play in PvP realms and why others chose RP. It would be much appreciated if you all could just post a quick reply with a few words regarding why you chose which and your age (if you feel comfortable). Thanks you!

• By WindowsSeven
      I'm not entirely sure what I am doing wrong that is getting me this result, but I am getting about a 30k dps difference on training dummy when I use a defile, clawing shadows, shadow infusion build than when I use the recommended talents. I left the rest of my talents unchanged and I have yet to see where the dps difference is coming from (arbiter or clawing shadows), but I'm very confused as to how this could happen. Links to armory and mrrobot below.
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/wyrmrest-accord/goragi
      https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simulator/report/f3a7a9c5f88e4d10b5cb45224684a073
      Defile damage breakdown, Arbiter damage breakdown
      I felt like I had a harder time keeping my disease up and using coldheart on cooldown (or rather whenever at max stacks) with the arbiter build. Am I missing some key thing or do I just need to git gud? Thanks in advance for any help.
    • By Babblet
      Location: Horde, US Connected Realms: Aegwynn, Bonechewer, Daggerspine, Gurubashi, Hakkar. 
      Raiding Times: Mon/Tue 7:30 PM EST - 11:30 PM EST

About us:
      We are former nolife raiders who now enjoy spending time outside our basements in the real world. Our total play time has decreased slightly but we still strive to meaningfully progress our characters through end game raiding. Currently we are recruiting new members to help us progress in the upcoming expansion. Join us and lets slay Dragons together!
      Apply if you are:
      interested in end game content; M+ Dungeons and Heroic/Mythic Raiding capable of critical thought and willing to contribute when discussing strategy a self-starter who plays to improve and keep up to date with latest theorycraft always on time and reliable  
      Recruitment Status: currently recruiting Ranged DPS, Healing classes.

Contacts/Battle Tags:
      Shig#1825 (Guild Master)
      Silvadine#1273 (Officer)
      Discord:
      Shig#8835
      Silvadine#1277