FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vestion

Destruction pet

So, I decided to take a look at the fel imp and compare him to the observer. Im wondering, how does the observer have more dps when its main ability does less damage for more energy? I know the Fel imp has a cast time, but why not get glyph of demon training to reduce that by 50%? Tbh I cant see where the observer pulls ahead of the fel imp. Also, im not sure about this, but does fel bolt help to generate burning embers?

I've personally found that Shivarra does more DPS than observer; this is just from setting them loose on a dummy for 10 minutes at a time. Observer has more raid utility, other than every now and then when she decides she wants to help with random CC on adds (which is fucking sexy). Not to mention, her telling me I'm scum and not worthy of summoning her, much like my current gf.

I've personally found that Shivarra does more DPS than observer; this is just from setting them loose on a dummy for 10 minutes at a time. Observer has more raid utility, other than every now and then when she decides she wants to help with random CC on adds (which is fucking sexy). Not to mention, her telling me I'm scum and not worthy of summoning her, much like my current gf.

Your imp is the friend who never puts you down and is always there to pick you up. Bros before hoes, man.

• Like 1

So, I decided to take a look at the fel imp and compare him to the observer. Im wondering, how does the observer have more dps when its main ability does less damage for more energy? I know the Fel imp has a cast time, but why not get glyph of demon training to reduce that by 50%? Tbh I cant see where the observer pulls ahead of the fel imp. Also, im not sure about this, but does fel bolt help to generate burning embers?

Observer auto-attacks, impy doesn't.

The difference single target is less than 1%, and thats not total dps, thats between the dps the pets actually do.

The difference single target is less than 1%, and thats not total dps, thats between the dps the pets actually do.

1% is always relevant to dps whoring :P

But I agree that utility from pets is way more important than your patchwork-style dps, thats why you should use Fel Imp in MT fights and even in Single Targets, if u simply don't like that annoyin' lick sound from Observer,

• Like 1

1%? Really? Its just that, I probably did this completely wrong and there is probably much more to it than this, but when I sent both pets to attack a dummy there was much more than just a 1% difference. Around 5k difference infact, to the fel imp that is, though Its possible that one of Immolate's ticks crit and I didn't notice (immolate was there so my dps meter would actually start recording).

There isn't a 5k difference, I promise you. Depending on your logging device (Skada vs Recount), unless you're constantly attacking, logs will pause creating skewing. If you want to properly test pets, go to a target dummy and melee the target dummy with pet on assist mode. Do this for 5 minutes, switch pets, repeat. Retry using this method and report your findings.

Remember: Pets benefit from all buffs from your raid group.

Maybe with atack speed and atck dmg boots the Observer will match up with Fel Imp in tests.

IDK, will test soon.

But fel imp dont have any melee-dmg, only the fel bolt, probably don't improved by Atck speed and AtK dmg buffs, only haste, stats, crit. Edited by JvChequer

Well, haste will improve cast time of fel bolt, crit is better as the fel imp only uses an ability, and fel imp and observer both benefit from the other stats.

Well, while the observer benefits more from raid buffs, the imp still does more damage without, so I would suspect if they both had buffs the imp would still pull ahead. I will test it now though.

The tests have already been done countless times. =P

Pick whatever you want really, but observer will do more damage if it doesn't have to travel around a lot.

I started playing around with Shivarra last week (giggity), and I noticed the same thing. After reading all you crazies talking about this imp thing though, I'm excited to give the old imp a try. A walk down memory lane, I love my imp...

Imp is so much superior that it's in top 3 spells (usually 2nd or 3rd - depends on fight) of my damage in almost any fight.

While observer is like 6th at most 5th. That's better than any testing.

Full raid buff in any fight. With 50% faster bolt cast glyph.

Edited by BlackArma

Imp is so much superior that it's in top 3 spells (usually 2nd or 3rd - depends on fight) of my damage in almost any fight.

While observer is like 6th at most 5th. That's better than any testing.

Full raid buff in any fight. With 50% faster bolt cast glyph.

Thats because Imp only do one thing, cast fel bolt. But, the observer do melee dmg and tongueslash.

PLUS, the demon training glyph does not increase your dps. Because the imp is capped at energy.

I switch back and forth between the observer and imp regularly, and bring out the shivarra when I get sick of staring at the observers puckering anus.

Six armed sadistic demon chick in a thong > floating meatball thing that eats and poops magic

The dps between the pets is so close that it comes down to personal preference and utility in a fight. As long as you aren't sending in a void with his taunt on you'll be doing just fine.

• Like 2

Thats because Imp only do one thing, cast fel bolt. But, the observer do melee dmg and tongueslash.

PLUS, the demon training glyph does not increase your dps. Because the imp is capped at energy.

Do i care how he does his damage? If fight does not require interrupt imp is stronger.

Imp does 13-18% of my total damage in average. That's insane. And my Activity time is 94-99% so i don't stand there.

Edited by BlackArma

Do i care how he does his damage? If fight does not require interrupt imp is stronger.

Imp does 13-18% of my total damage in average. That's insane. And my Activity time is 94-99% so i don't stand there.

No, that isn't nearly insane, it's the average dps of the every single pet.

You're seeing it have a higher proportion of your damage because, as JVC mentioned, he has only one ability contributing to all of his damage. Therefore, the amount displayed is higher than the perceived amount from Observer:Attack and Observer:Tongue Lash. If you combine these two, you'll see a very close comparison between the two.

As mentioned as well, it's really about what you like using. Min/maxing pets will result in a 500 DPS swing up or down, and that's really statistically insignificant. The Imp delivers comedy, is ranged, and has been with you the longest. The Observer is EXTREMELY annoying, and your melee will thank you for not having to hear that ridiculous sound all the time.

• Like 1