Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blainie

wow World of Warcraft: Traveler Announced!

9 posts in this topic

18242-world-of-warcraft-traveler-announc

A brand new venture of Blizzard has just been announced! The World of Warcraft: Traveler Series will be a book series aimed at younger fans of the game.

These books are going to follow the story of a child adventuring through the world of Azeroth, experiencing the grandiose aspects of our favourite places, but presenting it through the eyes of a child. You can check out the announcement trailer below:

The Blizzard team have employed Greg Weisman to write the project, as well as full-page illustrations by the artist at Blizzard, Samwise Didier. You can also find cover art being done by another artist at Blizzard, Stephane Belin.

You can check out the Blizzard post and full press release for more details.

1 person likes this

Can I say. I'm 25, and I think I'mma buy this for myself. It looks super cute!!

1 person likes this

Can I say. I'm 25, and I think I'mma buy this for myself. It looks super cute!!

Agreed. I don't care about the age recommendation, it's almost certainly going to have amazing art in it, cus... well, Blizzard.

1 person likes this

Lovely art. I approve.

Will be interesting to experience the world from an insignificant childs perspective and not the powered up world leader(s) as per usual. One might assume this child aint as entrenched in the faction conflicts as the older generations are. It´s also an opportunity for Blizzard to create a stand alone storyline set apart from the main story archs we players experience in the game - something this franchise needs more of.

I just hope they respect the actual scale of the world. Far too often do we see Blizzard writers use the in game scale in their books as their blueprint for the setting. This makes the world feel unnecessarily small when characters can cross literal continents in hours.

Greg Weisman is also way above the level of those same writers Blizzard usually employ, his work on Young Justice and Gargoyle in particular is proof of that. 

Am excite.

Lovely art. I approve.

Will be interesting to experience the world from an insignificant childs perspective and not the powered up world leader(s) as per usual. One might assume this child aint as entrenched in the faction conflicts as the older generations are. It´s also an opportunity for Blizzard to create a stand alone storyline set apart from the main story archs we players experience in the game - something this franchise needs more of.

I just hope they respect the actual scale of the world. Far too often do we see Blizzard writers use the in game scale in their books as their blueprint for the setting. This makes the world feel unnecessarily small when characters can cross literal continents in hours.

Greg Weisman is also way above the level of those same writers Blizzard usually employ, his work on Young Justice and Gargoyle in particular is proof of that. 

Am excite.

Agreed. It can be easy to forget how huge the world really is when we have so many ways of moving quickly in-game. I doubt this child is going to have a dragon to ride across Northrend, so let's hope it works out.

Looks nice.

I hope it will be a great story.

Also looking forward to the art that the book will get.

gah, I want that Sideshow statue from Arthas so bad! Warcraft has so much potential to grow.. with the movie, Hearthstone, and Legion...........gah. Will definitely get this book. And I'm looking forward to seeing more of Sam's art...

gah, I want that Sideshow statue from Arthas so bad! Warcraft has so much potential to grow.. with the movie, Hearthstone, and Legion...........gah. Will definitely get this book. And I'm looking forward to seeing more of Sam's art...

Agreed, he is so talented. For anyone wanting to check out what we mean, just go here:

http://www.artofsamwise.com/

http://samwisedidier.deviantart.com/

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan

A new build of Patch 7.2 went live yesterday and we've published initial dev notes here. In this article, we're taking a look at the most notable additions of Build 23657, such as items, achievements, pets & mounts and the new Artifact Knowledge scaling.
      Achievements
      Mythic: Kil'jaeden now awards "the Darkener" title Every class got a new achievement for finishing their class campaign - Destiny of the Illidari, The Eternal Dream etc. Artifacts
      The 7.2 "infinite trait" Concordance of the Legionfall now increases Versatility for tanks. Artifact Knowledge
      We've covered initial changes in highlights of the previous build AK was increased up to level 50 New compendiums were added. They're working up to AK level 45 -  Artifact Research Compendium: Volumes I-IX Artifact Knowledge Scaling
      Now that the AK cap's increased to 50, multipliers have changed again.
      Artifact Knowledge Level New Value 26 100,000% 27 130,000% 28 170,000% 29 220,000% 30 290,000% 31 380,000% 32 490,000% 33 640,000% 34 830,000% 35 1,080,000% 36 1,400,000% 37 1,820,000% 38 2,370,000% 39 3,080,000% 40 4,000,000% 41 5,200,000% 42 6,760,000% 43 8,790,000% 44 11,430,000% 45 14,860,000% 46 19,320,000% 47 25,120,000% 48 32,660,000% 49 42,460,000% 50 55,200,000% Items
      Many Legionfall items were updated with reputation requirements Legionfall Banner, Cauterizing Void Shard available at Honored Repurposed Fel Focuser, Legion Pocket Portal available at Revered Legion Invasion Simulator, Legionfall Tabard available at Exalted Relinquished Relic was added You can purchase epic Relinquished items for 2,000 Nethershards. Pricing may change at any time during testing Weaker versions of Relinquished items carrying the "Dauntless" prefix, e.g. Demonbane Hood can be purchased for 1,000 Nethershards New mage toys - Akazamzarak's Spare Hat, Magical Saucer Reputation Paragon reward from the Warden's cache is Sira's Extra Cloak Orphaned Felbat was added as a new battle pet in this build. New Mount
      Riddler's Mind-Worm has been added to the game. It uses the same model as Abyss Worm from Mistress Sassz'ine and the Mount Journal says its a drop from Gift of the Mind-Seekers (something related to the Tomb of Sargeras).
      New Pets
      Hunters will be able to tame (Tome of the PTR Beast) new Wolfhawk pets that perfectly match their Class Mount.
      Class Mount Updates
      Archmage's Prismatic Disc received an update with more visuals for all three tints.
      Farseer's Raging Tempest got a new flying animation, /mountspecial and the Restoration version has been improved.
    • By Stan

Darkmoon Faire, Mists of Pandaria Timewalking, several bonus events and Patch 7.2 testing on PTR await this month in WoW. 
      Blizzard published an official preview of events in the month of March. Mists of Pandaria Timewalking will be up for the first time ever. Darkmoon Faire, opening of the last LFR Wing with Gul'dan and many more details for this week can be found here.
      Blizzard (Source)
      The month of March is upon us, and the first breath of Spring is blowing across Azeroth. It smells faintly of fel, so we don’t advise breathing too deeply. There is much to see and do this month as we continue our battle against the Burning Legion. Read on to learn more.
      In-Game Events
      Nighthold Raid Finder Wing 4 Opens: March 8
      The fourth and final wing of the Nighthold raid opens in Raid Finder on March 7—get ready to  face Gul’dan within the Font of Night. Learn more about the Nighthold in our raid preview.
      Darkmoon Faire: March 5–March 11
      The Darkmoon Faire is open for business once more! Meet Silas Darkmoon and his troupe, play games that test mind and the nerve, and behold exotic sights from the four corners of Azeroth . . . and beyond!
      Timewalking: Mists of Pandaria: March 8–March 14
      While this event is active, players level 91 or higher may access a special Timewalking Dungeon Finder queue, which scales players and their items down to revisit past dungeons from the Mists of Pandaria expansion. While Timewalking, bosses will yield loot appropriate for a player’s regular level.
      Battleground Bonus Event: March 15–March 21
      While this event is active, random Battlegrounds will award Honor at an increased rate. Glory awaits on the fields of battle!
      Legion Dungeon Event: March 22–March 28
      While this event is active, the final boss of each Legion dungeon awards an extra item when defeated.
      Pet Battle Bonus Event: March 29–April 4
      While this event is active, your pets will earn experience at triple the usual rate. Get out there and battle!
      Eye on Archaeology
      Every two weeks, a new Archaeology quest in the Broken Isles is available from Archaeology trainer Dariness the Learned in Dalaran. These quests offer a wide variety of rewards, including gold, toys, and mounts—and who doesn’t want a ghost moose mount? You’ll just need to do a little digging for them.
      Obtain eight rare archaeological finds and you can earn the achievement This Side Up, which rewards a new Artifact appearance.
      Unleashed Monstrosities
      Each week, one of 11 different world bosses appears on the Broken Isles. Killing eight of these will reward the Unleashed Monstrosities achievement. Just open the Group Finder (default “I”) and search for a group within the Premade Groups (Raids – Legion); with a little time and persistence, you’re bound to slay them all.
      Did You Know?
      You can travel between major locations within Azeroth, Outland, and Draenor in many different ways. Beyond using flight paths, boats, and zeppelins, you can also use portals found in several locations. These portals become available depending on your level and the areas you’ve begun adventuring in.
      Setting your Hearthstone in a city that has access to multiple other locations via these portals will often save you travel time. Dalaran, for example, has portals available to both Alliance (Stormwind, Ironforge, Darnassus, and the Exodar) and Horde (Orgrimmar, Undercity, Thunder Bluff, and Silvermoon) capital cities as well as portals to the Vale of Eternal Blossoms in Pandaria.
      Mages also have access to portals that they can use for themselves or to open for others in their group to use. If you do manage to procure the services of one, make sure to tip generously or you may end up going somewhere unexpected.
      It’s the Little Things
      Azeroth is filled with opportunities to engage in a little whimsy. One of these is right within Thunder Totem in High Mountain. You’ll need to make sure your sound is on then head down into the Hall of Chieftains. Once there, stand near Mayla Highmountain and . . . jump.  Each time you jump, you’ll “bang” the drum that’s right beneath your feet and hear it reverberate in the hall.  Make up your own rhythm and enjoy the moment before heading back into battle.
      Getting to Know the World of Warcraft Official Site
      The new World of Warcraft site has been out for almost a year, and we’ve been adding more features since its launch to help you stay at the top of your game. Whether your goal is being competitive in Mythic Keystone dungeons or topping the Player vs. Player leaderboards, we can show you just where you rank. Visit each at the links below and make sure to bookmark them so you can return often.
      Mythic Keystone Leaderboards Player vs. Player Leaderboards Current Promotions & New Releases
      Earn a New Mount—For Azeroth!
      There’s still time to earn a new mount—For Azeroth! Beginning February 14 and running through March 13, players can join together with friends for the quest “For Azeroth!” in Heroes of the Storm to earn the new Primal Flamesaber mount in World of Warcraft. Learn more in our blog.
      World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 2 Available March 14 in English
      Good news, lorekeepers—World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 2 is nearly here! This second volume will reveal more intricate details about the game universe’s history and mythology. Showcasing lush, all-new artwork from artists such as Peter Lee, Joseph Lacroix, and Alex Horley, there’s something to discover for all players—casual and collectors alike.
      You can preorder from your favorite retailers or purchase your copy soon from the Blizzard Gear Store on March 14. Don’t have Volume 1 yet? Purchase yours now so that you are prepared!
      Patch 7.2: The Tomb of Sargeras on the PTR
      Patch 7.2: The Tomb of Sargeras is currently in testing on the Public Test Realm, and you're invited to join us! Visit the World of Warcraft PTR Discussion, Bug Report, and Class Development USA forums to learn more about the ongoing development of the patch.
      To stay on top of the latest official World of Warcraft news, follow us on:
      Twitter: Warcraft, WarcraftDevs, and BlizzardCS Facebook YouTube
    • By Starym

It's Mythic time for three days this and next week over on the PTR, as Tomb of Sargeras bosses get tested on the highest difficulty. We'll be seeing all but the final boss show up, as is tradition (as Gul'dan also wasn't tested on Mythic), so no Kil'jaeden, but the Fallen Avatar is plenty exciting and will be saved for last. There will also be some LFR action over the weekend.
      Kaivax (source)
      On Thursday, Friday, and Monday, March 2-6, we will be conducting raid testing of Tomb of Sargeras bosses on MYTHIC difficulty
      Remember that Mythic difficulty requires 20 players..
      Thursday, March 2
      Goroth - Mythic Tomb of Sargeras
      11:00 PST (14:00 EST, 20:00 CET)
      Demonic Inquisition - Mythic Tomb of Sargeras
      13:00 PST (16:00 EST, 22:00 CET)
      Harjatan - Mythic Tomb of Sargeras
      14:00 PST (17:00 EST, 23:00 CET)
      Friday, March 3
      Sisters of the Moon - Mythic Tomb of Sargeras
      11:00 PST (14:00 EST, 20:00 CET)
      The Desolate Host - Mythic Tomb of Sargeras
      Mistress Sassz’ine - Mythic Tomb of Sargeras
      Monday, March 6
      Maiden of Vigilance - Mythic Tomb of Sargeras
      Fallen Avatar - Mythic Tomb of Sargeras
      After testing concludes on Friday, we plan to open Raid Finder Tomb of Sargeras over the weekend.
      As always, this testing schedule is very fluid and subject to the realities of a PTR environment. We might have to change the time of a testing session, change the bosses being tested, or cancel a test entirely, due to bugs, server hardware issues, etc. Keep an eye on this forum for the latest information, and thank you in advance for testing and providing feedback.
      Q: How do I get into the raid zone?
      A: In Dalaran, Orgrimmar, or Stormwind, you may speak to Nexus-Lord Donjon Rade Sr. in order to teleport into the raid zone while it is open for testing. (The option to teleport into a zone will not be available when the zone is not open for testing.)
      Q: What character should I use to test the raid?
      A: Whichever you prefer. We will be scaling players' effective level to 110 for raid testing, and their item level to an appropriate threshold for the encounter(s) being tested. For 7.2 raid testing, we'll be granting players all the new 7.2 artifact traits IF players have done the quest to reveal those new traits. Complete the Broken Shore intro experience in order to access this quest.
      Q: How long does testing last?
      A: The primary purpose of testing is to give us the information we need to balance the encounters, evaluate how mechanics are playing out in practice, and identify bugs. Once we're satisfied that we've received that information for a given boss, we'll be shutting down testing. Usually this takes anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours, but there are no guarantees.
      Header art by Dmitry Vernygor.
    • By Babblet
      Location: Horde – US Connected Realms: The Venture Co - Maelstrom - Lightninghoof
      About us:
      Converge has been around since WoW Vanilla and has been raiding together since Molten Core; most of our members have been playing together for years. In its older days, when most of us where young, we were more raid focused and demanded a lot from our members. Over the years we had to adjust our playtime and priorities with a growing list of RL responsibilities and are now, for all intents and purposes, a two day raiding guild. We had to cut our total hours spent playing WoW but we still remain just as competitive and result oriented.
      Mandatory reading.
      Basics: ilvl 885+; 40+ points in MS Artifact Weapon; DMG Dealers 400k+ DPS ST.
      Raiding 101: ability to execute/avoid fight mechanics; communicate in English and use a microphone.
      We raid twice a week, a total of 8 hours; attendance of 90% is mandatory. We require you to function at 100% from the second the raid starts all the way to its end; if you cannot commit to a raiding schedule and be online on time this is not a guild for you.
      GRepairs and flasks are provided by GBank; members pitch in mats and/or gold to help out. Guilds preparedness to raid and supply its members with enchants/etc is a team effort. If you are accepted as a member be prepared to do your part.
      Raid Times: 8:00 PM – 12:00 AM Eastern Time – Monday/Tuesday.
      Recruitment: Currently we are only accepting Ranged DPS / Heals.

Legion Progression:
      EN 7/7 Normal - 7/7 Heroic
      ToV 3/3 Normal - 3/3 Heroic
      NH 10/10 Normal - 9/10 Heroic

Contacts:
      Battle.net BTag: Sodium#11394
    • By Stan

Two Death Knight pets receive HD models in Patch 7.2.
      Unholy Death Knight rejoice! The ghoul (Raise Dead) and abomination (Sludge Belcher) are getting visual updates in the forthcoming patch. It's time to say goodbye to the old low resolution models!