FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Horcored

Enhancement - Elemental

Hey, i recently got my shaman to lvl 90, and i'm having problem diciding. I wanna gear up as Enhancement as i really enjoy the playstyle of it and wanna gear up an agility class, but on the same hand i know its easier for ranged to get into raid, so was thinking of elemental. Such as thing stands now when i see logs, is that elemental i pushing higher numbers than enchancement and i'm woundering if anyone who's been playing enchancement is feeling the same.

I am also woundering if anyone good with sims could run a sim with 502 gear both for enhancement and elemental and look through if theres a high difference in dps.

Any help, tip or suggestions would be very nice.

- Horcored

I have always played enhancement better than elemental, despite what the numbers are saying. It's not always about what is pushing the highest but what you're more comfortable doing. Enhancement feels in a weird place right now since at lower ilvls it's better to push mastery and higher it's better to push haste. I'm currently at the awkward in between point. My biggest qualm is the sheer amount of cooldowns it takes for burst phases in enhance. Spirit Wolves, Elemental Mastery, Heroism, Fire Elemental, Stormlash, Ascendance, sometimes I feel like I'm just popping cooldowns for half of the burn phase. I realize elemental is only one less but there ya go.

If you can do it properly, which from what I see is sadly a big if for the general wow population, not saying you in particular (the other day I saw a level 90 enhancement shaman dual wielding spell power daggers, hopefully he was just trolling), and you like enhance, go enhance, the ranged raid spot might be easier to get, but if you're anything like me you'll end up bored trying to roll elemental. I think dps wise we are pretty balanced, just more people play elemental and it's easier to learn.

• Like 1

I have been playing my enh shaman from the time I was just a lil shammy roaming around Azeroth, and I have to admit, I am considering bringing up my off-spec as elemental. I can't abandon the enhancement spec because I do love it, but I am consistently under the elementals in damage and DPS lately. So, my advice I guess is play what you love, but if you give in to DPS-envy you can off spec. The downside to that is you will not be able to run a healer off spec and, of course, you'll need a full set of intellect gear in addition to the agi gear you'll need for enhancement.

Edited by Sveika

Pretty much comes down to what you enjoy more. If elemental brings higher numbers and you hate every bit of it, then raiding isn't gonna be much fun for you. That beats the purpose of the game.

Enhancement is doing competitive numbers, nothing you need to worry about to much unless you're aiming realm firsts for 5.4.

Throne of Thunder favors range for most fights. We've been raiding with 2-3 melee though without any real problems.

I play an Enhancement offspec, and TBH I wouldn't play Elemental for two reasons. One, because I just simply don't get it. Can't figure the damn spec out at all. Secondly, because I really like Enhancement and how it plays. It definitely has a lot of options open when it comes to playing outside raids, too. So from my perspective, roll Enhance :)

Hey, i recently got my shaman to lvl 90, and i'm having problem diciding. I wanna gear up as Enhancement as i really enjoy the playstyle of it and wanna gear up an agility class, but on the same hand i know its easier for ranged to get into raid, so was thinking of elemental. Such as thing stands now when i see logs, is that elemental i pushing higher numbers than enchancement and i'm woundering if anyone who's been playing enchancement is feeling the same.

I am also woundering if anyone good with sims could run a sim with 502 gear both for enhancement and elemental and look through if theres a high difference in dps.

Any help, tip or suggestions would be very nice.

- Horcored

Short story, been playing for 8 years. most of that as Ele Shaman.

2 weeks ago, I switched spec to Enhancement.. I love elemental, just wanted to try the "dark" side. I even switched to horde in the process and changed realms.. yeah total flip.

Anyway I miss melee combat, but shaman just doesn't seem it has the overpowering, killer rogue make your opponent beg forgiveness.. Elemental is fun, but no real burst damage to make someone feel your power..

Enhancement has the spirit walk with wolf form that lets you get away quick, that's cool. I have seen other enhancement take people down easily with spirit wolves..

I am still giving Ehancement more time before I go back to Elemental.. I have played DK, warrior melee but I have to honestly say spell casting is SOO much better.. I have a lock and mage, I really miss playing those.. I guess I am truly a magic user at heart.

my vote is elemental...since you are choosing shaman, elemental is better in my opinion...

I have played both specs and have found elemental easier to get to grips with however i would second Krakir and say play what you enjoy.

I have played both specs and have found elemental easier to get to grips with however i would second Krakir and say play what you enjoy.

Which is why I reverted to Elemental.. Enhanced is just not fun for me.