FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
BERSERKS

Frost > Fire even with ilvl 520 (38% crt)

Hi guys

I know this is like the 1000 thread about Fire vs Frost but I think this is the main thing to talk about atm ^^;

1st this is my stats http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alakir/Berserks/advanced)

I did like a lots testing and like to see what u guys think maybe I do something wrong so any tip / help will be grateful

Test is on [Anatomical Dummy] single dummy 5min (self buff ,no food ,no flask ,no pot ,no TW) ( NT bomb )

Spec Lag ms dmg done dps crt

Fire 180/180 30.1 Mil 101k 58.8% Fire ball crt , 45.5% Pyro crt

Fire(2) 176/181 30.0 Mil 101k 57% , 44.5%

Fire(3) 214/215 32.2 mil 109k 50.7% Fire ball crt , 65.9% Pyro crt

Changing gem refg. etc

Frost 196/202 33mil 112k

Frost(2) 206/210 32.7mil 110k

Frost (3) 180/180 33.5mil 115k

now I know this is as single target no mevment no raid buff TW etc so I went and try semi craft and this is result ( ofc I re-gem etc )

Fire 148.496 DPS

Frost 161.837 DPS

I was hoping to go fire next rest since we will start ToT HC and with raid buff I will get solid 39% crt ( now add 1.3 CM and 5% crt pyro 4 set bounce) but after see the results from semi craft I am rethinking of going back as frost since I like to stable dmg and not having to think every try about RNG as fire

What you guys think ?

Thanks

Edited by BERSERKS
  • Like 1

Interesting numbers. ive just hit 520 and im about to go Fire. so ill let you know how it pans out for me this week.

Fire's RNG is very dissuading... but its a much more fun spec imo.

Have you tried raiding with it? alot of ToT requires movment. fire having scorch is a pretty large gamechanger in this raid tier.

*your link is broken btw

HI thanks for replay I fix link , and no i didnt try it in raid yet becouse in same raid i get the 4/5 set bounce we clear tot , so next week is hc and yet idk if i go fire or frost yet that why I made this post ^^;

Hi BERSERKS,

after a week of raiding fire. i must say i am very dissapointed with my aweful damage due to rng.

after going back to the drawing board and speaking to a few other players. I have pinpointed that my trinkets are terrible... and i need 4set t15 for the extra pyro crit.

cha-ye + woosho/breath of hydra is required.

jesus your gear.... that is some lucky rolls and drops... you should be destroying meters with that gear.

fire vs frost, herm, FROST :P, fire has high dps when you pop all CD's like combust etc, but after it goes, the dps drops and frost creeps up and just shoots past, frost overall is insanely better and more fun to play with

fire vs frost, herm, FROST Posted Image, fire has high dps when you pop all CD's like combust etc, but after it goes, the dps drops and frost creeps up and just shoots past,

spikey dps doesnt mean a thing. its damage done in the end that counts. sure frost is more consistent dps but in the end it cannot catch fire.

check out world of logs mate.

frost overall is insanely better and more fun to play with

that is your opinion. In a perfect world we could all play the spec we most enjoy and they would all do similar damage.

World of logs is a nasty site. It shows high numbers on fire, because most mages in the leading guilds play fire.

The reason for this could be argued, but in theory Frost and Fire can pull ahead of the other depending on the fight, number of enemies, movement and such.

All in all, Frost can catch fire and you should really just play the spec that you enjoy the most!

World of logs is a nasty site. It shows high numbers on fire, because most mages in the leading guilds play fire.

The reason for this could be argued, but in theory Frost and Fire can pull ahead of the other depending on the fight, number of enemies, movement and such.

All in all, Frost can catch fire and you should really just play the spec that you enjoy the most!

Frost being viable in PvE is a relatively new thing. Going all the way back to AQ40, if you played a Mage and you were raiding, you played Fire. So it stands to reason that Mage players that have a lot of experience are comfortable playing Fire, and don't feel they would be as good playing anything else. If you're starting fresh, then all of the specs are very strong right now.

you should really just play the spec that you enjoy the most!

100% agree! The specs are balanced enough that as long as you are comfortable with the spec you will do fine. With that being said Fire is pulling away from Frost especially at the top end. If you are interested in breaking meters or maximizing dps for a mage, Fire is back on top and by a decent margin.

• Like 1

My question is, ATM im frost http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ysera/Sunblaze/advanced, as you can see. Im hovering around 100k dps on lfrs, some fights more, some fights less. Since there are some gear pieces that i have twice i gemmed them for crit, still on fire, on a dummie, i cant sustain more than 70k. If i gemmed properly for crit, i can get around 4% crit, maybe slightly more, i would be sitting at 30% buffed. Is this acceptable as fire? i Know frost will pull ahead at this lvl but if the difference werent so big i would play fire hands down.

Sorry im asking here but i cant afford to get a whole bunch of gems and enchants, and then maybe re gemming for frost again,

The magical number for fire is 35%. :) I wouldn't go for fire under that number. Unless you really like it, and you really want to play it instead of frost. But "just because the pros play it" doesn't mean it is mandatory for everybody else. Frost is competitive on that item level as well.

i honestly like fire more, its hella fun. But frost is cool to, and with such a big difference there is not much of a choice. Ill be sticking with fire for heroics to test it and see what happens (gemmed for frost though :D )

i honestly like fire more, its hella fun. But frost is cool to, and with such a big difference there is not much of a choice. Ill be sticking with fire for heroics to test it and see what happens (gemmed for frost though Posted Image )

If you enjoy it, I see no reason why you shouldn't play it, frankly :)

• Like 1

hi guys ..

gonna throw me in to this thread. i've been fire mage since somewhat beginning of 2012.

back then my girl from back then told me fire mage is THE mage. i've kept this spec till today.

ive had a break from end 2012 to somewhat mid march. i had to realise that alot of mages changed to frost.

didn't understood why until i saw their dps and stuff. but this didn't move me to change my spec.

then i've read news that with patch 5.3 some stuff would change. my mage is 511 now and it does actually well.

sometimes beating some frost's ass. for me frost is abit op with their frostbomb or whatever it is.

but now, with 5.3.. if you play your fire mage right, you can kick ass alot..

one question is bothering me, though. i haven't seen anything about the new living bomb yet.

should it be castet and should it explode like a year ago or should it be refreshed before exploding.

i've done some testing and if the bomb explodes it does a well amount of dmg on mops surrounding the actual target.

BUT, without living bomb on the target, you'll lose your 10% buff increase on pyroblast and another cast.

any thoughts??

here's my mage for those who might like to check him out and give me some advises or so ;)

much appreciated acutally :D

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackrock/K%C3%BAr%C3%A2%C3%AEg%C3%B9/advanced

Edited by kuraigu