Sign in to follow this  
Vladamyr

CLCProt

Starting a thread for CLCProt settings.

Single Target Priority:

ss wogdp wog sorha sordp sor5 horwb cs j asgc as hw how cons

AOE Priority:

ss wogdp wog sorha sordp sor5 horwb hor j asgc cons as hw how

I've been casually playing with this addon and have a couple questions. First of all, if uptime on SoR buff is priority, then why wouldn't we use sor3 instead of sor5? Also.. since we are packing on Haste, which I am liking by the way, what are we looking for in regards to a soft-cap health pool before throwing everything toward Haste... regarding ToT raid of course. And where is everyone with haste right now?

Honestly I just started gearing my Pally to take the place of my Blood DK for our raid team, and I'm just crossing the 500 item level barrier...(and just getting into figuring all this out) So I concede that I may just not have the haste yet to take advantage of the sor5 method and still keep uptime of the buff above 40%. Am I tracking right with this?

First of all, if uptime on SoR buff is priority, then why wouldn't we use sor3 instead of sor5?

The reason for prioritizing sor5 is that you can no longer pool Holy Power after 5. Which means that you are prioritizing HP generating attacks till the point that they are capping Holy Power. By prioritizing HP generators this way you will gain uptime on SoR just due to the fact that your HP gain throughout the fight is higher.

The other thing the priority does is it allows you to keep 2 HP saved all the time. This is great if you are about to take a big (known) hit and plan an HP generator followed by a SoR3.

Also.. since we are packing on Haste, which I am liking by the way, what are we looking for in regards to a soft-cap health pool before throwing everything toward Haste... regarding ToT raid of course. And where is everyone with haste right now?

Depends on if you are raiding 10/25, N/H. I am currently at about 700k raiding 10N and it feels fine for my group (in fact i could probably drop to 650k and be ok). For 25's i would prioritize Stamina more. In the end it depends on what your healers want. If you are never dying then stack more haste. If you find that occasionally sets of burst attacks kill you, then stack more stamina.

CLC Prot is a great tool for maximizing your damage/HP generation but it does not help you with using tanking cooldowns and SoR is a paladin tanking cooldown. You will always prioritize SoR if you are about to take a big physical hit. Once you get the feel of the encounters the best thing you can do, is learn how to properly time your SoR to negate as many physical hits as you can (specifically the big ones).

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/borean-tundra/Darkkonan/advanced

Thanks for clearing that up... Now that you've explained the reason for sor5 it makes perfect sense. Once I produce the first five HP, every time I spend three on SoR I still have two HP in reserve for those "special" times I get hit in the face.

As far as my Haste and whatnot, I think I might be jumping the gun a little. I do use the Askmrrobot Control/Haste build, but I use the custom stats option of Medium Stamina, which may be keeping my health pool a little low for now based on my gear. My team is attempting to make that transition from 10man to 25man, so I will definitely take your advice there. The lack of boss kills on my battlenet sheet reflects me getting my Pally ready to take my DK's spot on that team. So I'm in info soak up mode.. any and all input is appreciated.

I do really like this addon though... And your completely right about the usage. It is wonderful to be able to reference it when popping a CD or anything really, and jump right back into the rotation in the right spot. I noticed a big difference immediately after replacing the supplied priority list with the one you provided in this thread... in a good way.

So again, Thanks

• Like 1

5.4 is on us, and I may be jumping the gun a little... but since it looks like Eternal Flame may be the new thing to take over SS... and keep it rolling in our rotation instead of popping it for a recovery CD... assuming we have the haste to generate 4 or 5 BoG about every 30 seconds.  Am I right so far?  If so, how will this effect our CLC priority?  I'm a little anxious to try this out...  Too soon?

Currently I'm trying:

wogdp wog sorha sordp sor5 cs j asgc as hw how cons

Since CS now pocs wb, no need to weave in horwb.  I also have my WoG settings at Min 5HP, Min 5 BoG and minimum health 100%, which keeps it in the rotation.  After a little time on the dummies the only problem I see so far is that it will ask you to pop Eternal Flame before having 5HP, which makes for a smaller HoT.  Anyone else trying this yet?

Edited by Darkkonan
  • Like 1

5.4 is on us, and I may be jumping the gun a little... but since it looks like Eternal Flame may be the new thing to take over SS... and keep it rolling in our rotation instead of popping it for a recovery CD... assuming we have the haste to generate 4 or 5 BoG about every 30 seconds.  Am I right so far?  If so, how will this effect our CLC priority?  I'm a little anxious to try this out...  Too soon?

Correct biggrin.png

Since CS now pocs wb, no need to weave in horwb.  I also have my WoG settings at Min 5HP, Min 5 BoG and minimum health 100%, which keeps it in the rotation.  After a little time on the dummies the only problem I see so far is that it will ask you to pop Eternal Flame before having 5HP, which makes for a smaller HoT.  Anyone else trying this yet?

Yes horwb can be dumped.  Maybe go with 3HP rather than 5HP for WoG?  It is a max 3HP use and that insures that it isn't delayed trying to get 2 extra HP (though maybe you're thinking always having HP banked for an emergency sor?  Which may be the correct thing to do.) smile.png

I'll try it tonight if I get time.

After a little time on the dummies the only problem I see so far is that it will ask you to pop Eternal Flame before having 5HP, which makes for a smaller HoT.  Anyone else trying this yet?

I guess I could have been more specific. I did notice there was no additional benefit to the HoT when using more than 3HP with EF (been trying it out in Proving Grounds).  The problem with CLC I'm seeing is that no matter what the Min. HP setting, it will prompt me to cast EF even with 1 HP, rather than holding out for 5, or even 3HP like I have it set in the options (but yeah I do like spending at 5 HP so I'm not completely dry).  Considering we haven't had an update yet, and it's second day of patch, I think it's working extremely well..haha.  But seems to be well worth the extra heals to wait for 3HP even if CLC prompts EF with fewer, or if the HoT completely drops off.  Just something to keep an eye on.

• Like 1

Honestly, having used CLCProt and now moving away from it, one of the things that made me jumpy was when it would show to use a WoG as my health dropped.  I would advise not to include WoG/EF at all in the priority as it's not something you should be using "on cue".

I'm sorry, my understanding was that since Sacred Shield was nerfed by 30% and Eternal Flame's HoT was buffed by 40%, that using Eternal Flame as part of the priority rotation instead of as a recovery situational heal was yielding good results.  Last night I had good results with this method on Immerseus, but seemed to struggle with keeping uptime on EF's HoT on Fallen Protectors (was tanking He Softfoot with moderate movement).  It could be that my haste isn't close enough to the assumed 50% softcap for this patch, or that I'm still adjusting to the new rotation... but it's effectiveness or situational condition required for use is probably worth it's own topic.  I was merely trying to figure out what changes to CLC we could make so it would jive with those wanting to try it.

• Like 1

Here are the lines I'm using, HA is currently most recommended:

There was a recent mod version that sub EF into clcprot

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/protection-rotation-helper-clcpr

single target:

ef sorha sor5 cs j asgc as es hw how cons

aoe

ef sorha sor5 hor j asgc cons as lh hw how cons

EF  is extremely powerful, hands down over SS, the theory crafter are generating the numbers, I'm curious if we should use EF regardless of our health level. 

My majors are Alabaster Shield, Glyph of Avenging Wrath, and Word of glory (hence using it more often, maybe 80% health)

Thanks for the new info. Lowangel.  I bet we will be seeing the update for CLCProt pretty soon, including the changes.

EF  is extremely powerful, hands down over SS, the theory crafter are generating the numbers, I'm curious if we should use EF regardless of our health level. 

I did notice that the new script on the Curse post had us using EF at >=4BoG, and at <=70% health.  Personally I think these settings might depend on your set bonuses.  I may be coming at this from the wrong direction, but since I still have the Tier15 two piece set, I'm using EF everytime I have 5BoG and 3HP (actually 5HP when I can, keeping 2HP in reserve), even at 100% health to take advantage of the 40% increased block as much as possible from the set bonus.  I am definitely not sure if I'm using it correctly though, since it is wonderful to have as a recovery heal instead of normal rotation use.  I will however try this out, since I'm starting to get gear upgrades from SoO and can replace a few lower tier15 pieces.  Excited to see how this is going to all work out.

Without the 4pc T16 I wouldn't make an effort to get 100% EF uptime, because you sacrifice mitigation.  What I tend to do as a baseline is since I run with Divine Purpose, when I'm at 4-5 stacks of BoG and I get a DP proc after a SotR, I'll use EF.  Of course, this is assuming I don't need the Heal+HoT to survive.

Use your own discretion.  While CLCProt is a great addon, don't let it play the game for you and mindlessly hit whatever ability it shows next; that encourages sloppy play.

You absolutely want to shoot for 100% EF uptime while you are tanking a boss as that is a major part of your mitigation (the HoT is the replacement to the absorb from SS).  Not sure I understand what you are saying about sacrificing mitigation by having it up?  I always use it at 5 BoG stacks and 3 HP (hasn't been a problem so far, to keep the HoT rolling).  It does depend on the fight somewhat as to which is better (SS or EF).  

The problem with CLC I'm seeing is that no matter what the Min. HP setting, it will prompt me to cast EF even with 1 HP, rather than holding out for 5, or even 3HP like I have it set in the options (but yeah I do like spending at 5 HP so I'm not completely dry).

Yeah, same problem.  I actually removed SS and EF from my rotation and just track them with Weak Auras now.  Using CLCProt only for aiding HP generation, HP expenditure (from capping), and dps.

Use your own discretion.  While CLCProt is a great addon, don't let it play the game for you and mindlessly hit whatever ability it shows next; that encourages sloppy play.

Exactly!

As far as the emergency heal portion of WoG, you guys need to run with a ret paly :)  Any times I get low, he's using a selfless heal FoL for around 375k.  My problem solved and the healers don't have to freak :)

• Like 1

Without the 4pc T16 I wouldn't make an effort to get 100% EF uptime, because you sacrifice mitigation.  What I tend to do as a baseline is since I run with Divine Purpose, when I'm at 4-5 stacks of BoG and I get a DP proc after a SotR, I'll use EF.  Of course, this is assuming I don't need the Heal+HoT to survive.

You make a good point... and it's something I'm still experimenting with also, whether to use EF consistently in the rotation, as a recovery heal, or save for procs.  The tier 16 set will definitely remove some of the questions.  In the end it may be a player style preference, since what works best for you may not for someone else.  However, I'm not sure if sacrificing one 3 second bubble from SoR every 30 seconds or longer (depending on how many BoG your stacking) is a huge mitigation loss, especially compared to the amount of recovery you get from the EF HoT, plus the 40% Block from the t15 2piece.  Also, consider that if your using SoR (or EF) at 5HP, your only 1HP from hitting it again for that situational mitigation.

Pros and Cons of when, or if to use EF may be best served under another topic header.  However, in the interest of best setting up CLCProt for the 5.4 changes, deciding if you want to use it in the normal rotation (at 100% health) or as a recover (at <=70% health) would definitely determine the approach. 

Last night I tried the approach of using EF at 100% (still says WoG in the settings), min4 BoG, min 5HP, however I dropped Divine Purpose for Holy Avenger and popped HA on tank swaps... again, I'm currently using the t-15 2 piece set for the 40% Block.  This method yielded many prompts for EF way before the HoT had fallen off.  The drawback is you have to be aware of your HoT timer so as not to waste an opportunity for a SoR while clipping the EF HoT... However, it was pretty nice having both available no matter what the boss throws at you.  During periods of off tanking adds, just going through the normal rotation seemed pretty simple and more than adequate.  In the interest of being fair though, I do plan on returning to the DP build, and trying EF more situationally (<=70% WoG setting) and confer with my tank healer to see which approach is working for us.  I predict she will recommend using HA for boss fights with a traditional Tank swap and DP for fights with longer exposure to the boss, or soloing boss fights like the old Horridon or even council type fights.  But we will see...  Fortunately, leaving things like "wogdp" in the code line allows you to switch the talent on the fly without a big hassle.

And yes, of course, we all agree that no one should be married to what CLCProt suggests all the time.  It does, however, make a great aid for getting back into the rotation after popping a CD, movement, taunts... and all that other fun stuff we do.  Again, the topic here is how to properly use it for those who choose to do so.