FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sleestax

Afflic Help

Please use this guide to better understand World of Logs: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/1007-world-of-logs-a-comprehensive-guide/

As for an Affliction guide, one can be found here: https://www.icy-veins.com/affliction-warlock-wow-pve-dps-guide

Some comments in the forums about Affliction can be found here: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/593-52-affliction-tips-quirks/

Since it's slow at work, I'll critique each fight.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/o9lmi3qgjx7r8b05/details/1/?s=1638&e=2244 - Ji'Kun

-DoT uptimes are good.

-Haunt uptime is good.

-I don't see a flask being up for this parse.

-Noticing you have both Breath of the Hydra and Wushoolay's Final Choice. Are you properly snapshotting your DoTs with procs? Your DoT ticks look low, so perhaps this is your biggest opportunity gain.

-4 Dark Soul uses in a 10:06 fight? You should have had at least 5 uses (6th use would be available at the 10:00 mark). This is a missed 20 second duration 30% Haste buff.

-I see no recorded potion uses

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/o9lmi3qgjx7r8b05/details/1/?s=7066&e=7492 - Primordius

-your job on this fight as Affliction is to DoT as many adds as possible. Getting buffs and focusing the boss is a waste of your spec's utility on that fight.

-Haunt uptime could be drastically increased by keeping it rolling on the boss while using adds to replenish your Soul Shards. You could theoretically maintain a 100% Haunt uptime if you wanted.

-no potions used

If you're not using potions and utilizing your procs properly, your DPS will suffer tremendously. I highly suggest the usage of the addon Affdots. Increase the power of your DoTs by locking in temporary buffs and having them last longer than the buffs do. You have what I consider the best two trinkets for Affliction and I fear that they are not being properly utilized for you to be having such low DPS.

Yeah i have affdots or whatever its called. I refresh agony at 9 or 10 stacks and try to time my other 2 dots at 5 or 6 dots (if i wait around to log they tick off) of Final Choice when i can. Should I just SB and SS at 10 stacks despite what the affdots say? That boss fight i am defently going to be on adds next week. I was just chating with one of the raid officers in myguild about it. He and I both agree about it.

Yeah i have affdots or whatever its called. I refresh agony at 9 or 10 stacks and try to time my other 2 dots at 5 or 6 dots (if i wait around to log they tick off) of Final Choice when i can. Should I just SB and SS at 10 stacks despite what the affdots say? That boss fight i am defently going to be on adds next week. I was just chating with one of the raid officers in myguild about it. He and I both agree about it.

Yes. Affdots is a guideline, not a 'do this now' type of addon. It works perfectly fine for most trinkets, but specifically for wushoolays, because of the stacking mechanism, things get weird with a lot of stuff.

The simc priority is setup in a way that, unless the target is going to die soon, it always pools 1 shard. That 1 shard is for SB:SS during a few different situations. Large int procs (chayes/breath), dark soul, and, in the case of wushoolays, 8+ stacks, doesn't have to be exactly 10 but, try to get as close as you can. SB:SSing with a 15k int proc off wushoolays is only trumped by unerring 100% crit chance snapshotting. Also, if you get two int procs, say you have wushoolays AND breath of the hyrda, and wushoolays only has 6+ stacks when breath is about to fall off, just do it then (as long as your dots will benefit from pandemic). That way it snapshots with both int procs up.

• Like 1

Yes. Affdots is a guideline, not a 'do this now' type of addon. It works perfectly fine for most trinkets, but specifically for wushoolays, because of the stacking mechanism, things get weird with a lot of stuff.

The simc priority is setup in a way that, unless the target is going to die soon, it always pools 1 shard. That 1 shard is for SB:SS during a few different situations. Large int procs (chayes/breath), dark soul, and, in the case of wushoolays, 8+ stacks, doesn't have to be exactly 10 but, try to get as close as you can. SB:SSing with a 15k int proc off wushoolays is only trumped by unerring 100% crit chance snapshotting. Also, if you get two int procs, say you have wushoolays AND breath of the hyrda, and wushoolays only has 6+ stacks when breath is about to fall off, just do it then (as long as your dots will benefit from pandemic). That way it snapshots with both int procs up.

If it's single target I definitely wouldn't snaphshot over a 10-stacked Wushoolay's for an Unerring proc, because 100% crit doesn't increase the damage of your MG ticks at all.

Just one more question. At what point would it be a good idea to start stacking haste? I see a lot of high ilevel locks stacking the crap outta haste. just curious when Haste>Mastery should happen.

Just one more question. At what point would it be a good idea to start stacking haste? I see a lot of high ilevel locks stacking the crap outta haste. just curious when Haste>Mastery should happen.

With one RPPM Trinket, Haste start overpass Mastery, with both RRPM Trinket Haste become quite better, with 2 Trinkets + LMG, Haste is way better than mastery for Affliction.