FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Baki

Warrior issues after a long break.

Hey guys!

I used to play with my warrior as a main since 2009. But after 5.0 came in the whole fury warrior changed, and it really bothered me. I really loved to play as a fury warrior pre 5.0. So I came here to have tips how to get better. Oh and aswell I took a break with my char since november. So I have no idea what I'm doing with it. I know people say that fury is a little better than arms. Actually I would like to change to SMF. So my request is that could you help me with the gear/reforge/rotation? I read up on them on the site, but still I can do only around 35k dps.. Oh and I know I should get rid of my PVP gears.

Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/outland/Heiko/simple

I don't play a warrior class but it looks like you have really bad gear. Try doing LFR and normal raids to get better gear with the appropiate gems, reforges, and enchants.

Hey Baki,

First of all, welcome back to playing a warrior, hopefully my tips can help you enough for you to actually keep enjoying this calss;

I would dare to say that Fury warriors didn't change much since Cataclysm, rotation-wise. Basically you just get Wild Strike to take the old spot of Slam. There are a few more subtleties, but the Icy-Vein guide and my Fury Tips thread on this forum make a good job of going over them, I think. If you want, go take a look at them and if you still have any questions, I'll be glad to answer them.

However, there seem to be 3 points with your gear which might help you dish out a bit more DPS, and a 3rd point which just is an overall thing about Fury warriors.

1: The Ilvl of your weapons. No matter if you are TG of SMF, the stat that affects the most your DPS if your weapon damage. IF you can run a few LFRs and get some new weapons, you'll see an increase in your DPS.

2: Hit cap. You are about 1% over hit cap. It is not too bad under normal circumstances, as fury warriors dual wield so the "Hard cap" is 27%, but if you can spare those points in something else (basically crit) do it. I know my own Warrior is at 10% hit right now, however that is only because I cannot reforge anything more out of crit.

3: Gemming. Get rid of the red gems. You should always gem for crit as much as possible. Just by switching a few gems and reforges you could get around 2.5% more crit on your gear. (Go on askmrrobot.com and run your character through it to see what I mean)

4: Fury's reliance on crit. According to the armory you currently have ~17% crit chance. Under 20%, fury just feels wanky. You never seem to get enough RB procs and always seem to be rage-starved. So until you get better weapons or a better crit chance, arms might be slightly better since it's less crit-reliant.

So my final verdict would be to get better weapons, check your reforges/enchants and try to break that 20% crit chance unbuffed as quickly as you can. Also, take the time to read my post on Fury Warriors, hopefully you can get a few things from it.

I hope this helps you, and if you have more questions or anything else to add feel free to keep posting here,

-Rage

First of all, welcome back to playing a warrior, hopefully my tips can help you enough for you to actually keep enjoying this calss;

So my final verdict would be to get better weapons, check your reforges/enchants and try to break that 20% crit chance unbuffed as quickly as you can. Also, take the time to read my post on Fury Warriors, hopefully you can get a few things from it.

I hope this helps you, and if you have more questions or anything else to add feel free to keep posting here,

-Rage

The only other thing that I can add to what Rage has said is get time in on the dummies and in dungeons. The only way you're going to get better is if you keep at it, following the guides provided, and continue working on it. I personally love my Arms spec and rotation though I'm at the ilevel where Fury will perform better so it may seem I come to the dark side of Warrior DPS here soon.... I feel your pain. :P