FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
NoamNatan

Demonology without pet?

hey guys

i always played as destro and my offspec is demo

right now i do decent dps as destro around 100k

so i decided so try out demo and see how i handle with this one and my dps remain the same

i've seen lots of videos about demonology and it seems there's a lot of potential dps in it then in destro.

destro is very easy but somewhat boring. i find demo much more challenging so i want to stay in it for a while.

in some video i saw, there was a guy who suggested getting Grimore of Sacrifice instead supremacy or service

he said that sacrifice makes the wild imps do more damage which makes higher dps then makes the felguard

get 20% more health from supremacy which i'm using now.

is this true? sounds weird being demo without demon :P

With certain haste breakpoint reforging, Lei-Shen's Trinket and a 520+ gear, it's quite good play demonology in this way.

Edited by JvChequer

Demonology with Grim of Sacrifice is VERY powerful if properly executed with Unerring Vision of Lei Shen. Wild Imps is always my top damage source regardless of Grimoire choice, and using Sacrifice to buff it by 30% along with empowering Shadowbolt, Soulfire, Touch of Chaos, Fel Flame, and Hand of Guldan by 30%. For any type of cleaving or adds (Tortos, Horridon), you'll want to use Grim of Service, though. Sacrifice really only shines in single target situations (Jin'rokh, Ji'Kun, Durumu, Dark Animus, Iron Qon, Twins). There are special exceptions.

I use Service on Megaera because the heads aren't up long enough to fully benefit from Doom. Stacking Service with Dark Soul has pushed me to very high DPS values. Council is a special case in that you have 4 targets capable of lining Doom up with, but they're spread out enough that if you use a pet, he will spend a lot of time switching unless you leave him on one target. I don't find this to be optimal, so I sacrifice him and let my Wild Imps do the dirty work. I think this past week, I did 195k to Council and ended the fight with Wild Imps doing 45% of my total damage. I left the fight with 11 Imps at my side. Pretty awesome looking.

Zagam, and about the Sacrifice Demo with Imp Swarm glyph? With high haste gear, the glyph worth it?

IDK, looks like at high haste - with full of imps rolling and rolling - the Glyph sounds lame, but i dont play with Demo since early MSV Normal, months ago, so i don't have any idea how the glyph looks like with 30% haste.

Hey guys i've been playing warlock for two years now, and im wondering as a fully pvp geared demo lock, would usimng sacrifice in arena's do well, as obviously it is more single target based, however i wouldn't be able to utilise my pets abilities or sac pact, Also on a second note if i did sac the pet would it be better to use sacrificial pact and lose the hp to use it, or would it be better to soul link and get the hp buff, as long term demonology is very very tanky haha

I'm no pro Demonology PvP guy, but I'll take a stab from my limited 1600ish experience.

Grim of Sac is nice for burst, but you don't keep it running all the time. You leave the Felguard out for his healing debuff and his 4 sec stun with a 30 sec CD. When you build up enough DF and are ready to burst someone down, you pop Grim of Sac, Dark Soul, PvP trinket, and go to town. When you're done with your burst, you can instantly recall your Felguard out once every 2 minutes at no resource cost. Just pay attention to the buff you get that allows your free demon rebirth.

For Soul Link vs Sac Pact, remember that Sac Pact is 2x more powerful with Grim of Sac at the cost of 25% of your HP. For 25% of your HP, you get a shield equivalent to 100% of your max HP. Sac Pact is really nice when you're being pressured. Soul Link will simply provide a 20% HP buff that I don't think really counts for anything when you're being hammered on.

• Like 2

I'm no pro Demonology PvP guy, but I'll take a stab from my limited 1600ish experience.

Grim of Sac is nice for burst, but you don't keep it running all the time. You leave the Felguard out for his healing debuff and his 4 sec stun with a 30 sec CD. When you build up enough DF and are ready to burst someone down, you pop Grim of Sac, Dark Soul, PvP trinket, and go to town. When you're done with your burst, you can instantly recall your Felguard out once every 2 minutes at no resource cost. Just pay attention to the buff you get that allows your free demon rebirth.

For Soul Link vs Sac Pact, remember that Sac Pact is 2x more powerful with Grim of Sac at the cost of 25% of your HP. For 25% of your HP, you get a shield equivalent to 100% of your max HP. Sac Pact is really nice when you're being pressured. Soul Link will simply provide a 20% HP buff that I don't think really counts for anything when you're being hammered on.

Thank you i understand that demonology is very reliable on burst and that it wont be better for long term dps, but i find that for pvp Demo damage comes in huge waves rather than being long term anyway, Also i too think sac pact even without pet would do well, lastly if i did get sac grimiore would it boost Doom, Imps (Imp swarm) and chaos wave, as often in bg's with chaos wave ill crit 90k twice and slow them

Grimoire of Sacrifice buffs Touch of Chaos, Wild Imps, Hand of Gul'dan, Shadowbolt, and Soulfire by 30% (25% today if that went live, still not sure). Doom and Corruption are unmodified.

Hmmm, i've been trying it out, and it seems Incredibly strong in waves of attacks, you do less dps whilst in caster form, but once you get the energy you do crazy damage, i hit a 191k with just a normal Shadow bolt in demon form, Also, it is harder to get demonic energy without the pet, however i'm not sure if the damage makes up for it as you also get the 2% regen hp, which is very useful for how tanky demonology is

I played around with Demo yesterday as my main spec, using both Service and Sacrifice. I found that for fights that offer more aoe, service stomps an ugly hole in Sacrifice, but for single target, oh my goodness, sac is king. I'm not where to put the council fight yet. we tend to keep all of them grouped up and just eat the healing pet, so HoG and service were cool to put out some extra AoE, but i'm pretty sure Sac with buffed imps spraying death at everything I target would do better. it was by far my best performance on that fight (15k difference in dps from how i had been doing it since a massive reforge/gem), so I'll run some lfr and report what i find.

What do you think of how fast you drain the demonic energy though? I find that it drains much faster and is harder to obtain if you sac your pet, however it does amazing damage

No dont reforge to haste, it's useless as when you get in demon form you're just going to be spamming you move with alongside with chaos wave and doom, try go all for mastery then crit then hit, if you're going to sac your pet then still take sacrificial pact and get the drain life glyph, this works well together as you can quickly pop it and fear them then drain life straight away afterwards, because this isn't instant damage it doesn't stop the fear.

No dont reforge to haste, it's useless as when you get in demon form you're just going to be spamming you move with alongside with chaos wave and doom, try go all for mastery then crit then hit, if you're going to sac your pet then still take sacrificial pact and get the drain life glyph, this works well together as you can quickly pop it and fear them then drain life straight away afterwards, because this isn't instant damage it doesn't stop the fear.

He's talking PvE and you're talking PvP. :P

http://eu.battle.net...oraninjo/simple

so even my SC stats shows me

Int SP Hit Crit Haste Mastery

6.17 4.79 5.41 2.39 3.00 3.66

U think i shud go GSaC with full gemed reforged haste even if i cant reach doom brakepoint.

Those weights look good, unless you have the LMG and the Lei Shen trink. If you have those, your goal is to get as many proc'd Doom ticks as possible (using Everlasting Affliction), so haste becomes king, to squeeze as many chances for imps to spawn as possible.

http://eu.battle.net...oraninjo/simple

so even my SC stats shows me

Int SP Hit Crit Haste Mastery

6.17 4.79 5.41 2.39 3.00 3.66

U think i shud go GSaC with full gemed reforged haste even if i cant reach doom brakepoint.

You have 1920 worth of haste in gems (without changing your JC epics) to play with as well which would bring you to just under 12k. In order to reach the 11 tick shadowflame breakpoint simply changing your boot reforge from haste->hit to mastery->hit would see you there (although even further above the hit cap) in additon to regemming. Your gear is pretty much perfect for switching to GSacDemo. Anecdotally the gear you have on is similar to mine; I'm seeing the best results on a number of fights with GSDemo including the obvious (council) but I've found myself playing it for Jin'rokh, Ji'Kun, Iron Qon, Twin Consorts and Lei Shen.